12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot Tyus..

Odd comment. If you're being serious, well, you haven't been paying much attention the last 3 years. If you're trying to be sarcastic, you haven't been paying attention lately. Madtown's dream lineup only includes 2 guys not on our present roster, and there's a wide belief one of them is committing here on Friday. With the other one, it's early in the process but pretty obvious we have as good a chance as anyone.

PG: Mathieu / Mason
SG: Dre / Morris / McNeil
SF: Vaughn / Wally / Buggs
PF: Reid / King / Martin
C: EE / Mo

Oto graduates and transfers.

Championship!

It would be interesting to see that lineup go against Louisville in 2014 for the B1G-ACC challenge, i would think they would have a lineup in 2014 of something like
PG:Terry Rozier, low 4 star JuCo transfer, Kevin Ware top 100 recruit, would be senior
SG:Wayne Blackshear, top 30 recruit, senior
SF:Montrez harrell, top 100 recruit, junior
PF: Chane Behanen, top 30 recruit, would be senior, Jaylen Johnson, ESPN #57 would be Freshman
C: possibly Chinanu Onuakwu, ESPN #74, would be freshman

they claimed competition in order to prepare himself for his future

If you follow that logic then Kansas and North Carolina are the obvious favorites for Vaughn, I have no reason to doubt this as being his major motivation, not sure Minn has a realistic chance swith Vaughn, I also doubt Iowa State.

If you follow that logic then Kansas and North Carolina are the obvious favorites for Vaughn, I have no reason to doubt this as being his major motivation, not sure Minn has a realistic chance swith Vaughn, I also doubt Iowa State.

As far as competition goes the B1G is pretty much as good as it gets. There's a long way to go in Vaughn's recruitment, writing off any team on his list at this point seems premature IMO.

As far as competition goes the B1G is pretty much as good as it gets. There's a long way to go in Vaughn's recruitment, writing off any team on his list at this point seems premature IMO.

Each of the major conferences have a significant level of competition, day in and day out in practice you are going to be playing with and against better competion at North Carolina or Kansas, they just have more depth, it is pretty much a fact of life, if Kentucky is in fact off of his list then maybe there are other motivations because they would be the leader in that respect.

Odd comment. If you're being serious, well, you haven't been paying much attention the last 3 years. If you're trying to be sarcastic, you haven't been paying attention lately. Madtown's dream lineup only includes 2 guys not on our present roster, and there's a wide belief one of them is committing here on Friday. With the other one, it's early in the process but pretty obvious we have as good a chance as anyone.

Neither more of a joke than being sarcastic.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Vaughn is that great? Sure he would be a nice get, but I think were great without him. Of course I don't know him or anything, but he seems full of himself and he has only gone down in the rankings since a few years ago. Doesn't seem like the type of player Pitino looks for on his system.

Just my opinion

Am I the only one that doesn't think Vaughn is that great? Sure he would be a nice get, but I think were great without him. Of course I don't know him or anything, but he seems full of himself and he has only gone down in the rankings since a few years ago. Doesn't seem like the type of player Pitino looks for on his system.

Just my opinion

What? A few years ago he wasn't even ranked. He's gone up in the rankings each year. Not sure what you're talking about...

Am I the only one that doesn't think Vaughn is that great? Sure he would be a nice get, but I think were great without him. Of course I don't know him or anything, but he seems full of himself and he has only gone down in the rankings since a few years ago. Doesn't seem like the type of player Pitino looks for on his system. Just my opinion

I think you're the only one. He's done nothing but rise in the rankings. I think he'd easily have the biggest 1 year impact of the big 3. He's had a quiet recruitment too, not sure why people think he's full of himself.

He's top ten in the RSCI. Just a few spots behind Tyus.

http://www.rscihoops.com

I was thinking on ESPN, where he's 17 now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have him. It's just if we miss out on him (which seems pretty likely), I wouldn't be crushed and I think we could do perfectly fine without him.

I was thinking on ESPN, where he's 17 now. Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have him. It's just if we miss out on him (which seems pretty likely), I wouldn't be crushed and I think we could do perfectly fine without him.

I think we're long shots, but he's a program changer type talent IMO.

I think 2015 needs to be a big step up in the recruiting. Need to land some top 100 talent before the cupboard is bare.

No, but he has said numerous times there is no way he takes an official to Minnesota. He's been very consistent about this in every single interview.

He's also said he wouldn't take one to Iowa State or UNLV.

He's also said he wouldn't take one to Iowa State or UNLV.

So? Maybe he only takes 4 officials, Tyus only took 3. Maybe a team comes in late and he decides to visit them. All I'm saying is he has never even hinted that an official to Minnesota was under consideration. So I don't think there is a chance we get one.

Just my opinion

Sour grapes already?

Just my opinion

Also, he's pretty much exactly the type of player Pitino wants. He'd fit in perfectly. Pretty strange post top to bottom.

If Vaughn is 1 & done & goes elsewhere, I don't think he'd be as big a loss as Travis - not only would he only be around one year, he plays the 2/3 which are the easiest positions to get good talent at. Sometimes it's better to get a great 4-year player than have a guy who all the rival fans think you are underperforming with when in reality the kid has NBA on his mind all year and doesn't buy in to being the best teammate he can be. I'm not saying Vaughn is in that problem child territory, but it's more frequent than you would like to see that 1 & done kids will do their thing and have no repercussions because they know their coach is basically a lame duck who only has him for one year and has to play him because he's too good to leave on the bench and may not be able to get any more talented players if he flat out benches a top rated player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom