12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Marcus: #Gophers 2014 target Rashad Vaughn will not take an official visit to Baylor this week. He's working on scheduling another date.

How about this recent note to stir it up:

I have a friend that works in the UM athletic dept. There is a rumor up there floating around that Vaughn cancelled his trip to Baylor because he has already decided on a school. They believe it is Iowa State. But again this is just rumors and hearsay so take it for what it is worth.

Sooo about this Rashad Vaughn person.

I really hope he goes here, but if he chooses otherwise, I hope that the team is not in the B1G!

Well he isn't even considering any other Big Ten teams, so you don't have to lose any sleep there.

Well he isn't even considering any other Big Ten teams, so you don't have to lose any sleep there.

From what we have seen with other recruits, I know not as big of name as Vaughn, anything can really happen when big name coaches really start recruiting hard for a player.

From what we have seen with other recruits, I know not as big of name as Vaughn, anything can really happen when big name coaches really start recruiting hard for a player.

Are you referring to Tum Tum? If so this is a completely different situation. Vaughn has been recruited hard by big name coaches for a long time. It's not like he's sitting there waiting for a better offer. He has as good of offers as any player in the country and can basically go wherever he wants. If he has any interest in going to another Big Ten school, they would be on his list. If he goes to a Big Ten school not named Minnesota I will vow to never post on this board ever again.

Are you referring to Tum Tum? If so this is a completely different situation. Vaughn has been recruited hard by big name coaches for a long time. It's not like he's sitting there waiting for a better offer. He has as good of offers as any player in the country and can basically go wherever he wants. If he has any interest in going to another Big Ten school, they would be on his list. If he goes to a Big Ten school not named Minnesota I will vow to never post on this board ever again.

I'll hold you to that. I know the chances are slim, but still possible

Isn't anyone else sick of the Ames v. Twin Cities discussion? Can we get back to the topic at hand, Rashad Vaughn. Somebody post a highlight video or something.
here ya go
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6udPiNDFNwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

per Shooter:

It looks now like former Robbinsdale Cooper shooting guard Rashad Vaughn could end up at Nevada-Las Vegas.

It would be a travesty for the Gophers men's basketball team if it doesn't land any of the nationally recruited high school seniors in the country -- Jones, Reid Travis and Vaughn -- considering they grew up in Minnesota.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24325947/charley-walters-gophers-coach-claeys-says-kills-absence

Go Gophers!!

Looks to me like he's making *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# up.

Well, not really. Vaughn COULD end up at UNLV. Just because he didn't say Iowa State isn't a reason to get all upset.

Did I say anything about ISU? The fact is, nobody knows. I'm a Gopher fan too, and would be happy if he went to either school.

Vaughn will be successful anywhere, but he would be special next year at MN. He has grown up watching the Gophers and has an incredible amount of Minnesota pride. If he waits until Spring, he will appreciate Minnesota even more and we will have a great chance. Its a fact that people don't always appreciate Minnesota when they are here, but once they move away, they always want to come back. Playing in front of family will be a bonus. Still think MN has a great shot!

Not very. Ryan James is far more plugged in than anyone else. Would also take Monter's word over Doogie in a heart beat.

Thanks. Wolfson said something along the lines that ISU and UNLV were in the lead but wasn't sure how reliable it was.

Rumor has it of the big three Vaughn is the most likely to play at Minnesota.

I think Reid may now be the most likely, but who knows.

For a long time I thought Rashad was, but if Looney commits to Duke and Humphrey commits to Stanford I will probably change my stance. Still think we are in contention for Rashad though. People can talk all they want about how everyone thinks it's ISU or UNLV, but there was a time when everyone thought it was Baylor and a time when everyone thought it was UNC too. Things change and with him expecting to commit in the Spring, things will probably continue to change. A lot can and will happen between now and then.

Old news, but it sounds like Vaughn may use his 5th official to visit Arizona. This could mean he isn't visiting Kansas, or it could mean he is cancelling a Baylor or UNC visit.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rashad Vaughn probably going to take a visit to Arizona ($) <a href="http://t.co/uYYLs3RSxj">http://t.co/uYYLs3RSxj</a></p>— Trey Scott (@All_Cyclones) <a href="https://twitter.com/All_Cyclones/statuses/392265326752059392">October 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nothing's really changed with regard to Vaughn since this summer, except maybe that UNLV became a possible player when he decided to go to Findlay.

People in the know always have said he'll enjoy the full recruiting process, take his visits, and in the end more likely than not end up at Minnesota. All this chit-chat is interesting, but what it really comes down to is the Gophers having an encouraging season and indicating that Pitino is a good coach. He'll keep UNLV and ISU on the list for different reasons, but unless one of them pulls a Seton Hall (which I suppose is possible with those two programs), it's very hard to see him going to one of these over Minnesota. UNC and Kentucky and maybe Kansas would turn up the heat this spring when it becomes apparent which guys are declaring, but by then we'll already have seen what Pitino can do and hopefully he's already committed here.

Next year's team is tailor-made for Vaughn, particularly with what we've seen out of Mathieu so far. We'll have two senior PGs, one of whom will be possibly the top returning player in the B1G. We'll have two 5th year senior centers. All our F's return. The only thing we're losing from this year's team is our 3 SG's. Hello, Rashad Vaughn!

Nothing's really changed with regard to Vaughn since this summer, except maybe that UNLV became a possible player when he decided to go to Findlay.

People in the know always have said he'll enjoy the full recruiting process, take his visits, and in the end more likely than not end up at Minnesota. All this chit-chat is interesting, but what it really comes down to is the Gophers having an encouraging season and indicating that Pitino is a good coach. He'll keep UNLV and ISU on the list for different reasons, but unless one of them pulls a Seton Hall (which I suppose is possible with those two programs), it's very hard to see him going to one of these over Minnesota. UNC and Kentucky and maybe Kansas would turn up the heat this spring when it becomes apparent which guys are declaring, but by then we'll already have seen what Pitino can do and hopefully he's already committed here.

Next year's team is tailor-made for Vaughn, particularly with what we've seen out of Mathieu so far. We'll have two senior PGs, one of whom will be possibly the top returning player in the B1G. We'll have two 5th year senior centers. All our F's return. The only thing we're losing from this year's team is our 3 SG's. Hello, Rashad Vaughn!

I'm curious as to who these "people in the know are". I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think there's anywhere near a consensus among insiders that Minnesota will be his ultimate destination. Some think it's a possibility sure, but I think you're overselling how many actually believe that's where he ends up. Also, can you elaborate on what factors may be causing him to keep UNLV and Iowa State on his list?

I'm curious as to who these "people in the know are". I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think there's anywhere near a consensus among insiders that Minnesota will be his ultimate destination. Some think it's a possibility sure, but I think you're overselling how many actually believe that's where he ends up. Also, can you elaborate on what factors may be causing him to keep UNLV and Iowa State on his list?

The people "in the know" that he's referring to are Doogie, Shooter, Sid and insiders from Gopherhole.

Also, the way I read WanderGopher's post, he thinks that Whitehead picked SH because they were shady and offered extra benefits. And he's alluding to UNLV and ISU doing the same for Vaughn if he were to pick one of those 2 over Minnesota. That's what it sounds like to me.

The people "in the know" that he's referring to are Doogie, Shooter, Sid and insiders from Gopherhole.

Also, the way I read WanderGopher's post, he thinks that Whitehead picked SH because they were shady and offered extra benefits. And he's alluding to UNLV and ISU doing the same for Vaughn if he were to pick one of those 2 over Minnesota. That's what it sounds like to me.

Well this Doogie character said recently that he (and many others in the recruiting world) think it's down to UNLV and ISU. Also I read that as how he thought it would play out we're Vaughn to commit to either ISU or UNLV (kinda funny IMO) but that they were being kept on the list for different reasons. Not sure, might've read it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom