12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hoiberg wasn't an alum of isu do you really think he would be coaching at transfer u? I fail to see any reason for a Minnesota kid whether it be football or basketball to go to school in iowa. The only reason I can think of is that a kid has baggage and needs to get away from civilization.

Who knows? But had he taken this job (like your AD begged him to) he would have embraced the idea of transfers at Minnesota and you all would be calling it a genius move, just like we do.

As an Iowa State fan, I can say that the transfer experiment has worked wonderfully. The players that have transferred here stayed out of trouble while at Iowa State. All 6 seniors last year (including 4 transfers) graduated from Iowa State. If you were to follow Iowa State you would realize that there will only be 2 transfers on next year's team (1 of which will be sitting out and 1 will be playing). The core of next years team will be 4 year players.

I don't really care that you are dismissing Iowa State. I am pretty much doing the same thing with Minnesota and Vaughn. Several years ago (under another head coach) Iowa State recruited a hometown kid (whose father played at Iowa State, but was not involved in his life) and that kid strung Iowa State along until the bitter end before picking North Carolina. I do not envy you if that happens to Minnesota.

Like I said, it'll be interesting to see where Vaughn ends up. I still worry that stupid Kansas will get him. But I am thrilled that Iowa State is getting an official visit. I think our fans impressed him a bit when he visited last year.

Minnesota was never serious about Hoiberg so stop making it sound like we were on our knees. Hoiberg wanted a raise so his agent called up Doogie (the village idiot) and told him the Gophers dropped their pants for Hoiberg and as a result of the village idiot tweeting the rumor Hoiberg got his extension/raise.

Minnesota was never serious about Hoiberg so stop making it sound like we were on our knees. Hoiberg wanted a raise so his agent called up Doogie (the village idiot) and told him the Gophers dropped their pants for Hoiberg and as a result of the village idiot tweeting the rumor Hoiberg got his extension/raise.

That's not how I remember it all actually. What I do remember is Minnesota attempting to make a play at Hoiberg, college basketball followers laughed at it for about 12 hours and then Freddy shut it down after announcing the raise he was already in the process of attaining prior to Minny's feeble attempt.

That's not how I remember it all actually. What I do remember is Minnesota attempting to make a play at Hoiberg, college basketball followers laughed at it for about 12 hours and then Freddy shut it down after announcing the raise he was already in the process of attaining prior to Minny's feeble attempt.

What I remember is Hoiberg saying Minnesota never made him an offer.

Who knows? But had he taken this job (like your AD begged him to) he would have embraced the idea of transfers at Minnesota and you all would be calling it a genius move, just like we do.

As an Iowa State fan, I can say that the transfer experiment has worked wonderfully. The players that have transferred here stayed out of trouble while at Iowa State. All 6 seniors last year (including 4 transfers) graduated from Iowa State. If you were to follow Iowa State you would realize that there will only be 2 transfers on next year's team (1 of which will be sitting out and 1 will be playing). The core of next years team will be 4 year players.

I don't really care that you are dismissing Iowa State. I am pretty much doing the same thing with Minnesota and Vaughn. Several years ago (under another head coach) Iowa State recruited a hometown kid (whose father played at Iowa State, but was not involved in his life) and that kid strung Iowa State along until the bitter end before picking North Carolina. I do not envy you if that happens to Minnesota.

Like I said, it'll be interesting to see where Vaughn ends up. I still worry that stupid Kansas will get him. But I am thrilled that Iowa State is getting an official visit. I think our fans impressed him a bit when he visited last year.

Begged, huh? You mean our gossip monger/stenographer got used and reported a false rumor to make Iowa St. pay more to Hoiberg? You should be mad that more of your taxpayer dollars got wasted because your administration got scared by Doogie Wolfson. Talk about an amateur administration.

Begged, huh? You mean our gossip monger/stenographer got used and reported a false rumor to make Iowa St. pay more to Hoiberg? You should be mad that more of your taxpayer dollars got wasted because your administration got scared by Doogie Wolfson. Talk about an amateur administration.

A person who worked with Hoiberg with the Timberwolves told me Hoiberg to Minnesota was a lot closer to happening than most people realize. In hindsight it looks like it worked out well for both programs, assuming Pitino lives up to expectations.

I was checking out a UNC board and noticed that they said Pete Kaffey quit his job and moved to Las Vegas. Has anyone heard this? It seems rather bizarre to me.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=11914258&p=2

I'm sure Rashad's parents were nervous about sending him accross the country to be on his own. My guess is Findlay offered Kaffey some sort of position on the staff to both ease his parents minds and to secure a commitment from him. Makes sense since Rashad has been close with him for a while. Makes for an easier transition for Rashad.

I was checking out a UNC board and noticed that they said Pete Kaffey quit his job and moved to Las Vegas. Has anyone heard this? It seems rather bizarre to me.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=11914258&p=2

+1 Lost amongst this bickering with ISU trolls is the most interesting part of the Vaughn saga of late. Look at the Fuller tweet: "Findlay Assistant Coach Pete Kaffey ..."

I was wondering about this possibility the whole time when Vaughn was looking at prep schools. Is Kaffey next going to suddenly wind up on a college staff, along with Vaughn?

If Vaughn comes back to the upper midwest I don't believe it will be to any school other than MN, and if I were laying odds I'd still make MN the favorite overall. I've seen several highly credible people predict Vaughn to MN for a while now. Could that change? Sure (for example, if somehow we were able to land Whitehead, that could change the equation for either better or worse). Vaughn going to ISU is about as likely as JP Macura picking Xavier over us. Oh wait ... LOL

It wouldn't surprise me if Fred Hoiberg is the next Timberwolves coach after Rick Adelman resigns/retires.

Yeah, Hoiberg is on the short list of a lot of NBA GM's out there, and the odds are he is going to make the jump sooner or later. I would guess Vaughn sees himself as a 1 & done (though I doubt he will be ultimately) and it won't matter to him as long as Hoiberg doesn't make the jump before next summer.

Yeah, Hoiberg is on the short list of a lot of NBA GM's out there, and the odds are he is going to make the jump sooner or later. I would guess Vaughn sees himself as a 1 & done (though I doubt he will be ultimately) and it won't matter to him as long as Hoiberg doesn't make the jump before next summer.

Vaughn will be a 1 & done

Why? I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

I would guess Vaughn sees himself as a 1 & done (though I doubt he will be ultimately)

If Vaughn sees himself as 1 and done, then he will be 1 and done regardless of whether anyone else thinks he's ready. I think he will be. He's been focused on NBA for quite a while, and he's already got an NBA SG body. Will his game be ready? Doesn't really matter...

As for our competition, I'm more concerned about him possibly just getting comfortable in Vegas and deciding to stay there one more year, esp since Findlay's coach who recruited him is now at UNLV (and the way UNLV operates, that's the kind of school that would "find a place" for Kaffey). I think ISU will stay on the "list" until the end, because he respects Hoiberg, but ultimately I think it'll be between Minnesota, UNLV, and one of the bluebloods.

I'll bet the first taker $100 between ISU and UM for Vaughn.

It's a push if he goes anywhere else.

I'll bet the first taker $100 between ISU and UM for Vaughn.

It's a push if he goes anywhere else.

I don't think any rational Gopher fan would take that bet until Whitehead makes a decision. I think if Whitehead commits here, Vaughn goes to ISU. If Whitehead goes elsewhere, Vaughn becomes a Gopher.

I don't think any rational Gopher fan would take that bet until Whitehead makes a decision. I think if Whitehead commits here, Vaughn goes to ISU. If Whitehead goes elsewhere, Vaughn becomes a Gopher.

Has Whitehead set a decision date? I like watching dominoes fall.

Why? I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

Well, probably every 5-star recruit these days goes in thinking they are going to dominate and be 1 & done, but usually most 5-star recruits don't make the jump after their first year. In a good year there are roughly 10 guys who go pro after their frosh season - and that's in a really strong year for a recruiting class. In an average year, only around 5-6 make the jump. Vaughn could be in that select group of players but he isn't in the top-5 of the class and that's the only range where I'd say the odds are over 50% of a 1 & done. I'm not sure if he will ultimately be in that 6-10 range, but assuming he is, the rate guys in that range turn pro after the frosh season is more like 40%. So I'd say the odds are Vaughn won't be 1 & done but it's close and obviously depends on how well he plays.

The thing about Vaughn is that he already has an NBA body and NBA range. He could be plugged in to an NBA roster and contribute right now.

Whether or not he becomes a star is still up in the air. He strikes me as a guy who has the inner drive for it, but who knows at this point. But physically, there's nothing holding him back, and that is the main thing that tends to hold freshmen back. Most of the kids with the perimeter skills need to develop physically, while most of the kids with the physical attributes need to develop their perimeter skills. The only thing holding back Vaughn is the 1-and-done rule and time to showcase and hone his scoring ability.

I get that a lot of guys think they can be 1-and-done when in reality it is really hard. But most guys don't come in as freshmen at 6'6", a strong build, and NBA shooting range.

I hope like hell that we get him, but I'm pretty confident that whoever does will only have him for one season.

Now that the Whitehead thread can be put to rest, let's focus on our local boy again. C'mon Vaughn, commit today!!!! Or tomorrow. Or whenever your ready. Just pick us ok? Pleeeeease.....

Now that the Whitehead thread can be put to rest, let's focus on our local boy again. C'mon Vaughn, commit today!!!! Or tomorrow. Or whenever your ready. Just pick us ok? Pleeeeease.....

+1,000,000

you guys need to check out the Iowa state forum, they are very confident in them landing Rashad, multiple people have Rashad's face as their avatar! its like they think he is already on their roster!
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/164978-rashad-vaughn-159.html

also a ton of guys have changed their crystal ball predictions's to ISU for vaughn, and a UNC fan on the iowa st. forum said according to his sources UNC is out of the running for vaughn

you guys need to check out the Iowa state forum, they are very confident in them landing Rashad, multiple people have Rashad's face as their avatar! its like they think he is already on their roster!
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/164978-rashad-vaughn-159.html

also a ton of guys have changed their crystal ball predictions's to ISU for vaughn, and a UNC fan on the iowa st. forum said according to his sources UNC is out of the running for vaughn

That "UNC fan" is just another guy on the internet. If you have "sources" you aren't going to be posting on some random Iowa State forum. I doubt UNC are out of it. Vaughn's always spoke highly of UNC and was close to committing there at one time as we all know. I'd say ISU are ahead of us right now but what we have going for us is we are home for Rashad and he knows that he'd be treated like royalty here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom