#1/1 Gophers @ #5/5 Fighting Hawks

I think any of us would have taken a split going into this weekend without Koster and Nevers. My glass half full takeaway from tonight is we got outplayed most of the night and still took them down to the last second. I’m optimistic for the rest of this season.

I think any of us would have taken a split going into this weekend without Koster and Nevers. My glass half full takeaway from tonight is we got outplayed most of the night and still took them down to the last second. I’m optimistic for the rest of this season.
Close and penalty kill damn near pulled it off

Two guys weren't gonna make the difference. They didn't play yesterday and we dominated UND.

Two guys weren't gonna make the difference. They didn't play yesterday and we dominated UND.
They rode the top 4 D the whole weekend and by the end they were tired. So yes, it matters.

Right now D depth and lack of production from the bottom three lines are the issue.

They rode the top 4 D the whole weekend and by the end they were tired. So yes, it matters.

Right now D depth and lack of production from the bottom three lines are the issue.
Agreed, and I think Koster and Nevers will go a long way toward fixing both of those.

Yes, Koster and Nevers will help big time. Begely and Rod should not see the ice much when Koster returns. I just cannot figure out why Huglen and Pitlick are not able to score more than they do. They both have elements to their offense that are above average, and get plenty of chances but seem like they should be scoring more. Lastly, I'd like to see 11 and 77 on PK together, I think they'd get a lot of chances for a shorty.

Top Bottom