#1/1 Gophers @ #5/5 Fighting Hawks

bonin21

Reaction score
Still the most intense series for the players. Still the most intense series for the fans.

Friday, 10/20 @ 7PM - Fox9
Saturday, 10/21 @ 6PM - Fox9+

Gophers are decimated by injuries to their best two D, a top 9 forward, and the backup goalie. Every healthy body will be dressed (13F + 6D + 2G).

Rivalry recap:
Last 10 seasons5-6-1
Last 10 matchups4-6-0
Last 10 games on either campus4-5-1
Motzko vs. UND2-5-0

There's no disputing we are in a tough spot without our top 2 D and a top 6ish forward. However I'm also not convinced UND is all that great. They definitely have some firepower upfront which will test our young D and Close, but their entire D core had to be rebuilt from the portal, and I think Moore and Snuggerud could give them some trouble. Don't count the good guys out of this one.

Yes, Lamb-Moore-Snuggerud is a top 10 line in the country and will be so important for the Gophers.

In fact, and probably a no brainer but I predict if that line:
Scores 0 or 1, Gophers lose the game
Scores 2, any result possible
Scores 3, Gopher win

Still the greatest rivalry in college hockey. Tough place to play up there. They pack that place and it gets nuts. I was hoping to get there this weekend but no dice. Go Gophers!!!

Bad penalty to give them a PP to start the 2nd. Survive that and keep the pressure on.

All in all not a terrible first period for a young team on the road. Slight edge to the Hawks in play but we generated plenty of chances as well. Need to do everything we can to match up our top D against their high flying guys up front.

I know the fan base loves him and I’m sure he’s a great guy and great teammate, but Carl Fish is an absolute liability out there.

All in all not a terrible first period for a young team on the road. Slight edge to the Hawks in play but we generated plenty of chances as well. Need to do everything we can to match up our top D against their high flying guys up front.

I know the fan base loves him and I’m sure he’s a great guy and great teammate, but Carl Fish is an absolute liability out there.
Problem is you have three guys like that out of the 7 right now. Glad Perron hit the pipe and praying for more.

Problem is you have three guys like that out of the 7 right now. Glad Perron hit the pipe and praying for more.
Yeah, I am optimistic that Koster will make a major difference. Then you have 5 solid guys and can hide Fish a little more.

Feels like the first goal will be huge tonight. This kill to start the period is critical.

Lamb has taken a major step and should stick on the top line most of the time.

Heck of a second period by the good guys. Lamb has taken a huge step forward, and Oliver Moore is absolutely electric. Fully expect UND to goon it up if they can’t get one early in the third. Our guys need to be smart enough to not give them any free power plays. Close continues to look rock solid. I have to admit I hold my breath every time Jackson Blake is on the ice, he’s good.

Yes, Lamb-Moore-Snuggerud is a top 10 line in the country and will be so important for the Gophers.

In fact, and probably a no brainer but I predict if that line:
Scores 0 or 1, Gophers lose the game
Scores 2, any result possible
Scores 3, Gopher win
As this line goes so will go the Gophers, the whole year

The fact they did not review the Snuggerud shot is completely unacceptable.

Top Bottom