#1/1 Gophers @ #5/5 Fighting Hawks

Most people say yes. They refuse to show a replay.
That’s ridiculous then. I assumed it wasn’t in because it wasn’t reviewed. As you said, unacceptable.
EDIT: looks like FTP proved me wrong.

Either a sweep of UND or a win in Iowa City will make this an excellent weekend. I’ll settle for one of the two. If I get both, I may need to call my doctor about lasting over 4 hours.
Based on what I saw tonight and what I've seen for the last 20 years on the gridiron, one is much more likely than the other.

Based on what I saw tonight and what I've seen for the last 20 years on the gridiron, one is much more likely than the other.
Unfortunately you’re not wrong. I hate UND more, but we need Floyd more than the sweep.

Reminder that we are still without one of the top D men in the country and a top 6-ish forward.

That's a little optimistic on both of those but yes a top 2 D man and top 9 forward on the team will only help and at full strength, yes I can see this team is a contender that should rarely fall below 8 or so in the rankings

It must've been a sight watching the Ralph empty out after that ENG.

Worst fan base in sports. Let’s send them home early again tomorrow night.

Was it just me or did UND start putting more emphasis on finishing their checks after that fourth goal? That last 2 minutes UND players were just running around hitting anything in maroon and gold.

There is a fighting chance more goals are scored between the gophers and hawks this weekend than between the gophers and Hawkeyes.

Great game by our boys last night. Close was really good. Moore is going to be fun to watch! Lamb was great, and I thought Rinzel looked good. D corps played well and my concerns there are getting less about them as a unit. As others have mentioned, it will be nice to have Koster back as that will be a major upgrade. Would like to see a little more out of that Kurth line. Seemed to me like the 4th line got more time than usual and that makes me nervous. Love the way J Mittelstadt competes though. All that said, I was fired up about the performance. I would have been happy with a split before the weekend started and we have that locked up. A sweep would be amazing. Trying not to get my hopes too high about Floyd coming home and a sweep by Gopher hockey on the same weekend. But damn... that would be something.

Last edited:

That’s ridiculous then. I assumed it wasn’t in because it wasn’t reviewed. As you said, unacceptable.
EDIT: looks like FTP proved me wrong.
Anybody know how this works? Does the "league office" call for reviews is that only called for by the guys in the ice?

Yes, Lamb-Moore-Snuggerud is a top 10 line in the country and will be so important for the Gophers.

In fact, and probably a no brainer but I predict if that line:
Scores 0 or 1, Gophers lose the game
Scores 2, any result possible
Scores 3, Gopher win
This was on target. One slight change, after watching them all last night, I'd say that line could be in the top 5. Mostly due to the step Lamb appears to have taken. I thought hey were all individually really great last night. As a unit... not quite yet clicking like one of the top 5 lines in the country. That will develop over the course of the year though. These guys will be lighting it up after Christmas.

Anybody know how this works? Does the "league office" call for reviews is that only called for by the guys in the ice?
I’ll be curious if bonin or someone else who knows more than me could weigh in. I’m pretty sure possible goals like that don’t require a coaches challenge but I don’t really know.

I’ll be curious if bonin or someone else who knows more than me could weigh in. I’m pretty sure possible goals like that don’t require a coaches challenge but I don’t really know.
Doesn't require a challenge.

Based on the replay, I'm guessing the refs and maybe even the players and Motzko knew it was not in so didn't even ask.

Doesn't require a challenge.

Based on the replay, I'm guessing the refs and maybe even the players and Motzko knew it was not in so didn't even ask.
I thought it might have went in based on the weird thud it made, but it must have hit right at the base where it sits on the pegs, thus deadening the sound. Good no challenge. Would have lost it.

Yes, Lamb-Moore-Snuggerud is a top 10 line in the country and will be so important for the Gophers.

In fact, and probably a no brainer but I predict if that line:
Scores 0 or 1, Gophers lose the game
Scores 2, any result possible
Scores 3, Gopher win
This obviously also applies tonight. And will apply against Michigan. The other lines just aren't doing much.

UND taking to our boys but still only 1-0 UND

Looks like only one team came out to play tonight. Alright say it with me "series split".

Nothing for me to watch, Gopher hockey losing, the Wild are losing. Guess it's Loki time. ✌️

Got one against the grain now wake up and outplay them the next ten minutes to tie it.

Or take an offensive zone penalty. Christ

Zero sustained pressure in the last 40 minutes. Jekyll and Hyde weekend.

Top Bottom