Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1814

Walton's recruitment has been quiet the whole time but all indications are that we are still heavily on his mind.

Mashburn may dim the appeal a bit and there's no way we would want him over Garcia. So unless there is a scholarship opening soon via graduation, NBA draft or transfer we would likely be out.

Candidates for leaving early:

Curry - injured and could hang it up, also could graduate transfer. 45% chance of happening. But I'm just guessing. He's a good kid and he's overcome so much. I wouldn't bet against him coming back.

Oturu - Only real shot at being drafted early on team. He would have to blow up, way up! 10% chance of happening

Williams, Ihnen, Greenlee - one of these guys could transfer based on the toil of playing in the B1G or to get more opportunity. But I think they are all going to get some play. -5% chance of happening.
    Last edited by Otis; 10-10-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Walton's recruitment has been quiet the whole time but all indications are that we are still heavily on his mind.

Mashburn may dim the appeal a bit and there's no way we would want him over Garcia. So unless there is a scholarship opening soon via graduation, NBA draft or transfer we would likely be out.

Curry - injured and could hang it up, also could graduate transfer. 45% chance of happening. But I'm just guessing. He's a good kid and he's overcome so much. I wouldn't bet against him coming back.

Oturu - Only real shot at being drafted early on team. He would have to blow up, way up! 10% chance of happening

Williams, Ihnen, Greenlee - one of these guys could transfer based on the toil of playing in the B1G or to get more opportunity. But I think they are all going to get some play. -5% chance of happening.
    Walton has had plenty of time to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Yes, you snooze you lose....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walton and Garcia are takes regardless of the amount commitments, if they go elsewhere it isn't because we didn't have room for them.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Ok...so pipe dream here.

Mitchell is committed. Mashburn is coming, no doubt in my over-confident mind.

That leaves "one" scholarship.

I think we have a very legit chance at Garcia and Walton. I see a path to an open scholarship for one of them if necessary. Not saying Richard kicks a dude out BUT I could see someone leaving to make that spot open.
    Yes, I seem to recall a certain very tall Scandinavian who just happened to decide to leave the program when it looked certain like we were landing a certain transfer from North Dakota...

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Not trying to run off a player (especially a local kid) but is Hurt on track to graduate?

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
    Not trying to run off a player (especially a local kid) but is Hurt on track to graduate?
    Why else would you be asking? Hurt is out of eligibility after this season anyway, so we wouldn't be able to "Crean" him even if we wanted to.

Hurt has already graduated, and is a senior so will not be back in 20-21 regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    Yes, I seem to recall a certain very tall Scandinavian who just happened to decide to leave the program when it looked certain like we were landing a certain transfer from North Dakota...
    This is a different situation than we are talking about this fall. Do we have a precedent where we had more guys committed than we had open spots and went through an entire season where it would be clear we needed to "Crean" somebody at the end of the year? I don't believe so. The Matz situation occurred when the North Dakota kid's signing was imminent/likely before Gonzaga came into the picture.

Or are you suggesting we would "Crean" somebody before THIS season?
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

College basketball is completely different now with the "transfer portal", odds are some one is going to transfer, teams now operate under that assumption, look at Wisconsin, they have more commitments than available scholarships right now, and I think we can all agree they aren't a team typically known for "creaning". If you don't operate under this assumption, you will be stuck taking someone not worthy of a scholarship or end up like Wisconsin where you don't have enough players that you have to have open tryouts

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Nice. Have you heard if he is scheduling any other visits than IU?
    Turns out I'm bad with numbers and dates. Mashburn is announcing Monday 10/14, all signs point to the Gophers.

Garcia is visiting Indiana and RJ had said he was going to visit Marquette, but I haven't seen anything official on that. With them already having 2 PF/C commits, I firmly believe it's down to the Gophers and Indiana. Pitino has 1 available scholly left, and it's for Garcia. He's been all-in on Dawson for a long time, and the chances only got better after his official here.

Nobody really knows what Walton is up to and he hasn't said much lately. If he wants to come here, you figure it out in the spring. Like it's been said multiple times on here, someone always transfers or maybe Curry decides it's over. Pitino isn't going to force somebody out though, that isn't and never has been his style.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    College basketball is completely different now with the "transfer portal", odds are some one is going to transfer, teams now operate under that assumption, look at Wisconsin, they have more commitments than available scholarships right now, and I think we can all agree they aren't a team typically known for "creaning"
    It might be totally different and I would expect to see a transfer at the end of the year, but at this point we don't have four scholarships available. I personally wouldn't have a problem with Pitino trying to land four commitments but we just haven't seen it with him.
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMetroGopherFan View Post
    Turns out I'm bad with numbers and dates. Mashburn is announcing Monday 10/14, all signs point to the Gophers.

Garcia is visiting Indiana and RJ had said he was going to visit Marquette, but I haven't seen anything official on that. With them already having 2 PF/C commits, I firmly believe it's down to the Gophers and Indiana. Pitino has 1 available scholly left, and it's for Garcia. He's been all-in on Dawson for a long time, and the chances only got better after his official here.

Nobody really knows what Walton is up to and he hasn't said much lately. If he wants to come here, you figure it out in the spring. Like it's been said multiple times on here, someone always transfers or maybe Curry decides it's over. Pitino isn't going to force somebody out though, that isn't and never has been his style.
    I guess it depends what “force” means? Maybe “gently let them know that they won’t be a contributor and ask nicely to step aside”?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    Why else would you be asking? Hurt is out of eligibility after this season anyway, so we wouldn't be able to "Crean" him even if we wanted to.
    Was thinking he was a junior.

If someone wants to finish their career or work on an advanced degree I have no issue with it and its probably the smart thing to do.

I asked because he doesn't play a ton and maybe would want to move on to his next chapter if his education was complete