******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

Leidner made some really really bad decisions today. Santoso's missed field goal would have made a difference. And Cobb's fumble was bad too.

I am a "fan" of the Gophers, but if any of you "fans" are happy after this game, then you guys were probably happy with losing records.

I'm having flashbacks to the Syracuse game. Similarities are pretty striking. They outgophered the gophers with the turnovers.

Yeah. We seem to have this stints where we go from looking well-coached to un-coached. Not sure what that's about.

Couldn't understand any of the sequence after the big pass to Fruechte. Really odd calls and really poor execution.

Leidner made some really really bad decisions today. Santoso's missed field goal would have made a difference. And Cobb's fumble was bad too.

I am a "fan" of the Gophers, but if any of you "fans" are happy after this game, then you guys were probably happy with losing records.

I am a fan, not a "fan". Big difference.

+10000
Have a chance to absolutely bury them (up 24-17) and we get stuffed to force a FG which ends up being missed. NO POINTS and huge turning point. We pass, pass, pass, and pass again on final drI've - I get that initially because of game clock and timeouts. I don't get (While in their territory and glaringly clear that we are invested in this being final drive) that we continue to perform a task which we are terrible at. Unbelievable. Just f$/÷#÷/!//$@ unbelievable.

We ended up putting Mitch in a position where he had to win it for us. Not gonna happen. He also takes way too many sacks. I realize that all of this is obvious. Let's play better against Iowa.

So on what is supposed to be our break out year we lose to a team that has won 1 big ten game in two years.... I'm depressed.

They will not win another game (Illinois). We were terrible today. Period.

I've been a Minnesota sports fan for forty years. You'd think I'd be used to this kind of stuff by now, but it always hurts just as much. What's worse is we've got two weeks to stew about this.

Perra thread and still photos right around the corner.

We ended up putting Mitch in a position where he had to win it for us. Not gonna happen. He also takes way too many sacks. I realize that all of this is obvious. Let's play better against Iowa.

HE........CAN'T.........HIT.........WIDE.........OPEN..............RECEIVERS..............in short or intermediate routes..........EVER!

Is Mitch the worst QB in the country?

No.

Why didn't we make them punt again at the end. Better chance of scoring on a block or return than a long hail mary that had no chance of making it to the end zone.

No way we win vs the last three. Iowa, maybe. But the last three games... no way.

Have a chance to absolutely bury them (up 24-17) and we get stuffed to force a FG which ends up being missed. NO POINTS and huge turning point. We pass, pass, pass, and pass again on final drI've - I get that initially because of game clock and timeouts. I don't get (While in their territory and glaringly clear that we are invested in this being final drive) that we continue to perform a task which we are terrible at. Unbelievable. Just f$/÷#÷/!//$@ unbelievable.

Home run for Buck. Well stated.

Complain about Limey, Mitch, Santoso, etc., but if Cobb doesn't fumble there is a good chance we win. It put the game to a point where we needed the offense and not the defense to win the game for us.

No.

Why didn't we make them punt again at the end. Better chance of scoring on a block or return than a long hail mary that had no chance of making it to the end zone.

Because it was untimed down and they would have taken a knee.

Complain about Limey, Mitch, Santoso, etc., but if Cobb doesn't fumble there is a good chance we win. It put the game to a point where we needed the offense and not the defense to win the game for us.

When you can blame that many people it means you're nitpicking. It was a total team loss.

I am not a Mitch defender, did Mitch make I thing either jones or mate drop the ball that hit their hands in the first half nor Wolitarsky's drop? Let alone Fruechte who may have lost the ball in the sun's drop?

Damien Wilson....that's about it.

I would say Wilson and the CBs played fairly well. Both lines were off their games. Cobb was running against 9 in the box, but nothing seemed to shake Illinois out of that.

This is three weeks in a row that teams have come out and exploited our wide-set ends and the firing out of our tackles on defense. We may have to re-think that approach a bit. There's no way Reilly O'Toole should have been able to run the way he did.

No.

Thought the same thing initially, but w/ no time on the clock any play (incl. take a knee) is the final play.

That's very true isn't it?

Top Bottom