******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

Beckman should be fired for not just doing the victory formation 3 times.

Sure was smart to waste that second timeout for two straight failed plays. Nothing like making sure your players know it's do-or-lose. :confused:

Anyway, rough way to lose, the team lost after having a lead, with the D never giving up a score after gaining that lead. Still, a rough outing all around and the team should do some soul searching, because they clearly didn't come prepared to play at all in the first half today, and lost a very winnable game that will prevent them from stepping up into, perhaps, what could have been a New Years Day bowl game.

We'll see what heart these guys actually have; as the team could easily fold after this one. A strong team will come out ready to play next week. We'll need the glass-3/4-full crowd to keep up the spirit.

Maybe this is the wake up call they need. They seem to have trouble being ready for these early 1100 am games. Leidner is a wildly inconsistent passer. He can throw a great ball down the sideline and then the next pass is we over the head of a wide open receiver.

I'm having flashbacks to the Syracuse game. Similarities are pretty striking. They outgophered the gophers with the turnovers.

LOL. Even the last play we screw up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time to avoid GopherHole for a week. Most of you would have taken 6-2 (3-1) at the start of the season.

Pretty sure 6-2 is where most of us expected to be. But when you show the capability to beat teams much superior to Illinois starting a backup qb you probably are going to change expectations. This is an awful loss no matter how you try justify it

The whole entire left side of their line shifted right at the snap on the punt.

Someone please teach James how to play this game.

The band is on the field! The band is on the field!

Could the gray uniforms have intimidated the Gophers into thinking they were playing OSU?

Sorry, but that's just comically fitting - yet another throw out of bounds to end the game.

Time to avoid GopherHole for a week. Most of you would have taken 6-2 (3-1) at the start of the season.

Yes, but not by barely winning to Purdue at home and then losing to Illinois. We've gotten worse the past two weeks. I would not be shocked at all if we lose the rest of the way. And I'm usually a half glass full kinda guy.

Failed game plan- they did not seem to show up. At least not for every play. First half was painful.

This was psychological. They came into this one believing their own bull****. Can't win just by showing up.

Yes, they really need to clean up the wasted timeouts. This team and the coaches aren't quite there yet. Sucks, but it is what it is. Still have a chance at some more wins. Just one of those games where things go wrong and the team wasn't playing their best.

Throw it as far as you can to the middle of the field and pray!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even though we lost Tim Beckman proved he is just garbage knell the ball you moron

So on what is supposed to be our break out year we lose to a team that has won 1 big ten game in two years.... I'm depressed.

Sure was smart to waste that second timeout for two straight failed plays. Nothing like making sure your players know it's do-or-lose. :confused:

Anyway, rough way to lose, the team lost after having a lead, with the D never giving up a score after gaining that lead. Still, a rough outing all around and the team should do some soul searching, because they clearly didn't come prepared to play at all in the first half today, and lost a very winnable game that will prevent them from stepping up into, perhaps, what could have been a New Years Day bowl game.

We'll see what heart these guys actually have; as the team could easily fold after this one. A strong team will come out ready to play next week. We'll need the glass-3/4-full crowd to keep up the spirit.

Zero chance you aren't happy inside we lost. Zero chance. I don't know you, but I know you.

Feels like Mitch has more throws land out of bounds then completions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it.
Oh well. Hope it is not 7 more years of badluck.

Have a chance to absolutely bury them (up 24-17) and we get stuffed to force a FG which ends up being missed. NO POINTS and huge turning point. We pass, pass, pass, and pass again on final drI've - I get that initially because of game clock and timeouts. I don't get (While in their territory and glaringly clear that we are invested in this being final drive) that we continue to perform a task which we are terrible at. Unbelievable. Just f$/÷#÷/!//$@ unbelievable.

Have a chance to absolutely bury them (up 24-17) and we get stuffed to force a FG which ends up being missed. NO POINTS and huge turning point. We pass, pass, pass, and pass again on final drI've - I get that initially because of game clock and timeouts. I don't get (While in their territory and glaringly clear that we are invested in this being final drive) that we continue to perform a task which we are terrible at. Unbelievable. Just f$/÷#÷/!//$@ unbelievable.

One could argue we continued doing what was working.

Top Bottom