Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota is VERY much in the picture.

Duke is on this list but it's doubtful that Reid will go there, and that has zero to do with other kids being recruited and everything to do with "fit".

As I said in my OP in this thread ..... "Reid Travis and his family will make an informed decision when the timing is right for them.”
-----
Take my comments for what they're worth ..... certainly not the Gospel but definitely an "informed" opinion .... Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota.

FWIW (to answer a comment in a post up above) I have zero to do with Gonzaga's Basketball program or Athletic Department.

No offense, but your opinion on where Reid will go and how/when he will decide means nothing to us.

Duke is on this list but it's doubtful that Reid will go there, and that has zero to do with other kids being recruited and everything to do with "fit".

As I said in my OP in this thread ..... "Reid Travis and his family will make an informed decision when the timing is right for them.”
-----
Take my comments for what they're worth ..... certainly not the Gospel but definitely an "informed" opinion .... Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota.

FWIW (to answer a comment in a post up above) I have zero to do with Gonzaga's Basketball program or Athletic Department.
I'd bet on Stanford or ND...but hope for Minny. He grew up playing in Minneapolis parks and hope he sticks around.

I'd bet on Stanford or ND...but hope for Minny. He grew up playing in Minneapolis parks and hope he sticks around.

I don't get the appeal of Notre Dame. Basketball is a total after-thought and ND will be a total after-thought in the ACC. But playing most of their road games 500 + miles away should be fun. Then again, they've advanced past the Sweet 16 never in the past 25 years, so there's that.

I don't get the appeal of Notre Dame. Basketball is a total after-thought and ND will be a total after-thought in the ACC. But playing most of their road games 500 + miles away should be fun. Then again, they've advanced past the Sweet 16 never in the past 25 years, so there's that.

ND is a great academic school, if an undergraduate degree in business is one of your priorities there probably isn't a school that combines academics and athletics like ND does, not only that it opens doors throughout the country in the business world, even in the Twin Cities a business degree from ND would probably be as valuable as one from Carlson.

-----

You also know zero about Reid Travis' leanings. Duke offering is the #1 threat to luring him away from Minnesota. Stanford is the other logical consideration.

Not sure why you're still in this thread ... whatever he indicated on his visit to Gonzaga a couple months ago or whatever is old news. He's not going there, move on.

Don't get ahead of yourselves people, it's not the end of theworld, duke has also offered 6-9 goodluck okanoboh, Kevin Looney, Myles turner, and they have jabari parker coming in what could definitely stay more then one year, Rodney hood, a missisisippistate forward who is transferring and will probably start, 6-6 semi ojelye( or however you say his name) coming in, they also already have marshal plumlee, amile Jefferson and Alex Murphy at the forward positions,

if immediate playing time is important to Reid or playing type of any sort then Reid should not go to duke, I can even imagine him not even seeing the floor until his junior year if he goes there, if my memory serves me correctly Alex Murphy and marshal plumlee had to redshift their freshman years and they were both top 50 recruits just like Reid

I totally concur. That's why I'm honestly not worried about Duke as much as some of the other programs. Stanford, Notre Dame and Gonzaga concern me more than Duke. As someone else said, Reid and his family will make a reasoned, informed decision.

-----

Reid just got offered by Duke and he's already planning to take an official there within the next week or two. I'd consider them a major threat.

If another employer came up to anyone of you on this board today and offered you an opportunity in another company, wouldn't you at the very minimum go see the company and hear their pitch? Especially if it's a globally known, respected ,profitable, and gives you opportunities for future personal growth? Hell, I would in a heartbeat.
The kid gets a free trip to NC to see Duke. Are you kidding me, good for him.

If another employer came up to anyone of you on this board today and offered you an opportunity in another company, wouldn't you at the very minimum go see the company and hear their pitch? Especially if it's a globally known, respected ,profitable, and gives you opportunities for future personal growth? Hell, I would in a heartbeat.

You're asking posters to react rationally. Give it up.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd probably take the job. So I'm fully expecting Reid to as well. I think he'll commit before the other high profile PFs like Looney do. Assuming his offer isn't contingent.

Yeah, I'd probably take the job. So I'm fully expecting Reid to as well. I think he'll commit before the other high profile PFs like Looney do. Assuming his offer isn't contingent.

Isn't Looney visiting Duke this weekend, hope he'll commit tommorow and Duke will be out of the picture.

On Looney committing first.
If that is the case his offer is currently unconditional..however the potential of losing it does exist dependent upon the the slot being filled by another recruit.. The risk of a tender being withdrawn in the event of other players committing is pretty standard

If that is the case his offer is currently unconditional..however the potential of losing it does exist dependent upon the the slot being filled by another recruit.. The risk of a tender being withdrawn in the event of other players committing is pretty standard

Thanks John Madden

Isn't Looney visiting Duke this weekend, hope he'll commit tommorow and Duke will be out of the picture.

Looney's official visit to Duke is this weekend. He was at Florida last weekend, and is still supposed to visit Tennessee, UCLA and Michigan St. officially and Wisconsin unofficially. I would be surprised if Kevon announced a decision before taking the other trips, but I woud expect Duke to really push him for a commitment this weekend. I think Duke likes Reid Travis, but I tend to believe that the offer to Reid is just as much about leverage on Kevon. If Looney doesn't commit on or shortly after the visit to Duke, I think the possibility of Reid committing to Duke becomes much more real. I have a hard time seeing them taking both Looney and Travis.

Looney's official visit to Duke is this weekend. He was at Florida last weekend, and is still supposed to visit Tennessee, UCLA and Michigan St. officially and Wisconsin unofficially. I would be surprised if Kevon announced a decision before taking the other trips, but I woud expect Duke to really push him for a commitment this weekend. I think Duke likes Reid Travis, but I tend to believe that the offer to Reid is just as much about leverage on Kevon. If Looney doesn't commit on or shortly after the visit to Duke, I think the possibility of Reid committing to Duke becomes much more real. I have a hard time seeing them taking both Looney and Travis.
Correct , Travis had a great summer and and he is a heck good plan B for Duke...Hall of Fame basketball writer and recruit analyst Frank Burlison put Reid on his number 2 summer of 2013 team.First Team

Center: Jahlil Okafor (6-foot-10/Chicago Whitney Young) H, K&L

Power forward: Cliff Alexander (6-8/Chicago Curie) C, H&K

Small forward: Stanley Johnson (6-6/Santa Ana, CA, Mater Dei) A, C, H, K&L

Shooting guard: Rashad Vaughn (6-5/Henderson, NV, Findlay Prep) A, C, H&I

Point guard: Emmanuel Mudiay (6-3/Dallas Prime Prep) A, H&I

Player of Summer: Mudiay

Second Team

C: Myles Turner (6-10/Euless, TX, Trinity) B, C, H, I&L

PF: Reid Travis (6-7/Minneapolis DeLaSalle) B, C&L

SF: Justin Jackson (6-7/Houston, home schooled) B&C

SG: D’Angelo Russell (6-3/Montverde, FL, Academy B, C&L
PG: Joel Berry (6-1/Orlando, FL, Lake Highland Prep) B&C

This guy must be looney if he is a player and considering sconnie.

This guy must be looney if he is a player and considering sconnie.

No more looney than Travis (or Vaughn) for considering Minnesota. The home-state school still carries some weight with most kids.

Jumping ahead. What kind of pro prospect is Reid Travis?

Layman's speculation:

I doubt his prospects are very good. As a PF, he'll be undersized at the college level. It'd be even more apparent in the NBA. He doesn't seem to have the outside game to slide into a wing spot, but obviously that could change drastically depending on how hard/what he works on.

While Tyus is an NBA lock ... the moronic opinions that he lacks size and or athleticism are a product of the uninformed... Travis Is a major league NFL tight end prospect. The NBA is unlikely for Reid.

While Tyus is an NBA lock ... the moronic opinions that he lacks size and or athleticism are a product of the uninformed... Travis Is a major league NFL tight end prospect. The NBA is unlikely for Reid.

I think Tyus is an incredible player and an NBA lock too, but do you really think he has above average size and athleticism for an NBA point guard?

Quite the prediction....

Coming from a guy who impersonates a tv loudmouth. Nice.

Correct , Travis had a great summer and and he is a heck good plan B for Duke...Hall of Fame basketball writer and recruit analyst Frank Burlison put Reid on his number 2 summer of 2013 team.First Team

Center: Jahlil Okafor (6-foot-10/Chicago Whitney Young) H, K&L

Power forward: Cliff Alexander (6-8/Chicago Curie) C, H&K

Small forward: Stanley Johnson (6-6/Santa Ana, CA, Mater Dei) A, C, H, K&L

Shooting guard: Rashad Vaughn (6-5/Henderson, NV, Findlay Prep) A, C, H&I

Point guard: Emmanuel Mudiay (6-3/Dallas Prime Prep) A, H&I

Player of Summer: Mudiay

Second Team

C: Myles Turner (6-10/Euless, TX, Trinity) B, C, H, I&L

PF: Reid Travis (6-7/Minneapolis DeLaSalle) B, C&L

SF: Justin Jackson (6-7/Houston, home schooled) B&C

SG: D’Angelo Russell (6-3/Montverde, FL, Academy B, C&L
PG: Joel Berry (6-1/Orlando, FL, Lake Highland Prep) B&C

What these acronyms about? In plain English please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom