Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye Reid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reid Travis just told me Duke has offered him a scholarship and he's looking into setting an official trip.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/375442993479970816">September 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reid Travis just got a scholarship offer from Duke. Duke wants AAU teammate/star Tyus Jones. Read between the lines.</p>— Greg Rosenstein (@grosenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/grosenstein/statuses/375444385699069953">September 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This is really disappointing. I'm the optimistic type and I just can't see him turning them down. If he does in fact commit to Duke, I hope he does it soon so Pitino and staff can focus more attention on Paul White.

This is really disappointing. I'm the optimistic type and I just can't see him turning them down. If he does in fact commit to Duke, I hope he does it soon so Pitino and staff can focus more attention on Paul White.

Great academic institution which is his #1 priority, plus a perennial top 3 basketball program. Throw away the key and lock it. This ones over. If Pitino had arrived 3 years earlier and proved successful I absolutely believe he would have landed at least one of the three for sure. Bad timing..

Well hopfully Duke lands Jones, Okafor and Alexander, so Travis isn't a top priority

As much as I like Reid, it'll be pretty sweet to see him, Tyus, Okafor and K go down in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Nor was it an attempt to editorialize

Ha! Good one!

While that is very interesting to me personally...

...over the past several decades during multiple trips to 701 Carlson Parkway and during my visits to Marilyn Nelson's home...for me it came down to Gonzaga and the University of Washington. I'm the only one in 4 generations in my family with a college degree that's not from UDub .....

And the fact that Mark Few has produced 2 "Double Double" All Americans...

Those things seemed more important than Gonzaga's team jet ..... #1 ranking ..... and a lot of other basketball related items.

Nope, no editorializing there at all. Way to stick with the facts, and the facts only. And I won't even touch your "inside information" about what precisely was asked by his family during his visit. You must be VERY close to the program.

Great academic institution which is his #1 priority, plus a perennial top 3 basketball program. Throw away the key and lock it. This ones over. If Pitino had arrived 3 years earlier and proved successful I absolutely believe he would have landed at least one of the three for sure. Bad timing..

Actually Pitino couldn't have picked a better time to come. There will be multiple Minnesota kids for the next 3 classes. Also, there is now finally a practice facility on the drawing board. Anyone who thinks Coach P. will stick around with us having the worst facilities in the B1G is crazy. There had better be at least a big hole in the ground prior to his first NCAA appearance.

Duke fan on Travis.....

Re: Reid Travis 2014 Reply

I like Travis! I would definitely take him. I think he could be a solid contributor off the bench for Duke....Kevin Looney to visit soon ...the offer to Travis puts the heat on Looney to verbal so if he does and Travis is ours.

Duke fan on Travis.....

I like Travis! I would definitely take him. I think he could be a solid contributor off the bench for Duke....Kevin Looney to visit soon ...the offer to Travis puts the heat on Looney to verbal so if he does and Travis is ours.

Spot on.

So Looney is to Travis what Joeseph was to whitehead at Syracuse or Johnson is to whitehead at IU?

Duke fan on Travis.....

I was actually just remembering Looney might go there. I know the crystal ball predictions aren't always accurate, but 100% of his predictions are to Duke. If they get him and Okafor then I think we still have hope.

How many guys is Duke looking to bring in, probably depends who leaves after this year I guess?

they are running out of Plumlee's...
1.) quiet Midwest guys.
2.) dont demand the ball.
3.) content to chase down missed 3's all day long.
4.) willing to let their games stagnate for the glory of K.
5.) willing to exit early in the big dance.

How many guys is Duke looking to bring in, probably depends who leaves after this year I guess?

I think they have 4 scholarships, but Hood and Parker could leave early, so they could potentially have 5 or even 6. Tyus, Grayson Allen (already committed), and Okafor will probably take up 3 of those. If Looney commits that's 4. Still a chance for a guy like Justise Winslow too. Hopefully Looney commits and they just stick to 4 guys for that class.

Parker will definitely leave early. He'll be a top 3 pick.

I think he will too, but you never know. Maybe he'll want a chance to win the championship with Tyus and Okafor and then be (potentially) the number 1 pick the following year.

they are running out of Plumlee's...
1.) quiet Midwest guys.
2.) dont demand the ball.
3.) content to chase down missed 3's all day long.
4.) willing to let their games stagnate for the glory of K.
5.) willing to exit early in the big dance.

Totally agree. Puke and coach k are one of my least favorite programs. Puke's McDonalds All Americans don't always translate into wins but when you get 2 or 3 a year it has to help win games. A puke degree doesn't mean a whole lot in Minnesota.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit 1m
Howard Pulley PF Reid Travis (@Reid_Travis_22) cuts his list to 7: Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Minnesota, ND & Stanford

Minnesota was on the list, Fleer just left it off for some reason.

Don't get ahead of yourselves people, it's not the end of theworld, duke has also offered 6-9 goodluck okanoboh, Kevin Looney, Myles turner, and they have jabari parker coming in what could definitely stay more then one year, Rodney hood, a missisisippistate forward who is transferring and will probably start, 6-6 semi ojelye( or however you say his name) coming in, they also already have marshal plumlee, amile Jefferson and Alex Murphy at the forward positions,

if immediate playing time is important to Reid or playing type of any sort then Reid should not go to duke, I can even imagine him not even seeing the floor until his junior year if he goes there, if my memory serves me correctly Alex Murphy and marshal plumlee had to redshift their freshman years and they were both top 50 recruits just like Reid

Die hard is spot on. Duke operates as if it has 5 first round draft picks and can select the best of the litter. Thus the warning to Reid is indeed making an all star team doesn't guarantee playing time particularly if you don't fill the role expected by coach K. Alternatively that role could be play defense for 5 minutes, grab 2 rebounds and some bench.

Duke fan on Travis.....

That says it all. What do you want Reid? "Yeah, he'd be an OK bench guy. We'll take him, meh" at Duke? Or to be the #1 recruit and a hometown hero?

Is it possible that he would be the next Nick Horvath?

Highly recruited front court player from Minnesota that goes to Duke and has a very nondescript career playing behind All-Americans?

That says it all. What do you want Reid? "Yeah, he'd be an OK bench guy. We'll take him, meh" at Duke? Or to be the #1 recruit and a hometown hero?

Someone should tweet that bolded line to Travis and see what he says about Duke fans...that would be interesting..I would if I had twitter but alas I don't.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit 1m
Howard Pulley PF Reid Travis (@Reid_Travis_22) cuts his list to 7: Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Minnesota[/B], ND & Stanford

Minnesota is VERY much in the picture.

Duke is on this list but it's doubtful that Reid will go there, and that has zero to do with other kids being recruited and everything to do with "fit".

As I said in my OP in this thread ..... "Reid Travis and his family will make an informed decision when the timing is right for them.”
-----
Take my comments for what they're worth ..... certainly not the Gospel but definitely an "informed" opinion .... Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota.

FWIW (to answer a comment in a post up above) I have zero to do with Gonzaga's Basketball program or Athletic Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom