Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would love to get this guy in Maroon and Gold. Great player who would be a star in MN. Duke buried Horvath's basketball career. Horvath would have started or at least played plenty at MN.

Wish one of the big three would show some Minnesota Pride. Reid Travis committing to MN would create tremendous synergies.

Would love to get this guy in Maroon and Gold. Great player who would be a star in MN. Duke buried Horvath's basketball career. Horvath would have started or at least played plenty at MN.

Wish one of the big three would show some Minnesota Pride. Reid Travis committing to MN would create tremendous synergies.

I agree it would. The problem with the 17 and 18 year old kids is that MN BB has pretty much been crap to average in their lifetimes, and really the statewide interest in the program has declined a ton in the past 10 years or so.

I agree it would. The problem with the 17 and 18 year old kids is that MN BB has pretty much been crap to average in their lifetimes, and really the statewide interest in the program has declined a ton in the past 10 years or so.

10 years ago was 2003. Interest is much greater now than then.

Not to go off topic but....

You're right, I'm sure Interest in the program has declined over the past 10 years... That's why Forbes has listed The Minnesota Gophers Basketball Program on their list of Top 20 most Valuable CBB teams the past 3 (maybe 4) years.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/16/mo...iness-sports-college-basketball_slide_18.html

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45efll/16-minnesota-golden-gophers/

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45mkld/13-minnesota-golden-gophers/

travis jumps up to 23rd in ESPN top 100

Travis could be flirting with McDy's AA game invite if he continues to climb. It would be amazing (and frustrating if we go 0-fer) if three kids originally from Minnesota are in the McDy's AA game.

Go Gophers!!

Stunned we haven't heard more about Travis' status since he visited Duke. I still wonder if his offer is contingent on other players, otherwise I am pretty shocked he hasn't committed to Duke. Maybe that is a good sign for us?

His offer from Duke is currently standing. Do people really think that a school tells a recruit you have a offer from us but you are not allowed to accept it until we strike out on other recruits we like better than you? get real in that case no true offer was tendered.

His offer from Duke is currently standing. Do people really think that a school tells a recruit you have a offer from us but you are not allowed to accept it until we strike out on other recruits we like better than you? get real in that case no true offer was tendered.

Happens all the time, maybe not in so many words though.

Stunned we haven't heard more about Travis' status since he visited Duke. I still wonder if his offer is contingent on other players, otherwise I am pretty shocked he hasn't committed to Duke. Maybe that is a good sign for us?

After his visit to Duke Marcus tweeted Reid wants to visit a few other places, Stanford and somewhere else. It still seems like he'll take his time. Maybe he wasn't as obsessed with Duke as some of us thought. I still don't expect him to be a Gopher but you never know.

Amelia on our chances with Travis:

Reid Travis – He’s still the most likely of the 'Big Three' Minnesota recruits, but it seems to be getting less likely. A talked about official visit at Minnesota has not happened.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/225254071.html

Go Gophers!!

Not sure where Amelia's getting her stuff. I've never considered Reid the most likely of the three. Additionally, her focus on his not having taken an official visit there is misplaced. Reid loves the U, has a great relationship with Pitino and has spent plenty of time down there visiting and talking. If he doesn't attend school here it's because he's drawn to somewhere else, not because the bloom has gone off the rose here.

Not sure where Amelia's getting her stuff. I've never considered Reid the most likely of the three. Additionally, her focus on his not having taken an official visit there is misplaced. Reid loves the U, has a great relationship with Pitino and has spent plenty of time down there visiting and talking. If he doesn't attend school here it's because he's drawn to somewhere else, not because the bloom has gone off the rose here.

Well her source is BigFoot, so....

From Matt Gravett at http://go4report.com/gophers-basketball/9242013-recruiting-notebook/

"Reid Travis: For the past year, I’ve said that if Duke offers Travis, I think he’ll be a Blue Devil. Duke has everything “R2T2″ wants – an excellent education (yes, far superior to Carlson) and an incredible basketball program that gives him a chance to play soon. I was told that Coach K will accept commitments from Okafor, Looney, and Travis. Also, my source tells me that Travis waited several weeks to report his Duke offer.

So the Gophers don’t have a chance at landing Reid Travis, right? Wrong. A source plugged-in to both the HPP and D1 Minnesota programs told me that he’s not as high on Travis committing to Duke as most. Travis didn’t like that he was Duke’s second or third option at forward, which is obviously understandable but hasn’t stopped recruits who have said the same thing from committing in the past. Minnesota will stay in his recruitment until the end because Pitino can keep pitching him playing time and distance to home. An official visit won’t hurt either.

Stanford and Gonzaga are both still certainly in play for Travis, with the Cardinal posing the biggest threat to the Gophers. CHANCE: 10%"

Duke's "special major" (for some of its less intelligent hoops recruits) is Sociology. Every school has at least one of 'em, including Michigan, Northwestern, Stanford, etc.

User Actions
Follow

Islander Basketball
‏@IslanderHoopsDT
@CoachFinamore Come out to play Warriors.......Iz was here yesterday working Reid and Jarvis.

This thread is getting pretty off topic. Let's keep this dedicated to updates regarding Reid. Thanks.

Not saying whether Amelia is right or wrong, but she's become a little more similar to Myron than I had hoped. I never really read into her statements as facts that are actually just opinions based on the same information that we all have.

QUOTE=Jim Cramer;765114]User Actions
Follow

Islander Basketball
‏@IslanderHoopsDT
@CoachFinamore Come out to play Warriors.......Iz was here yesterday working Reid and Jarvis.[/QUOTE]

Dang.....

According to Doogie, Reid has cut Michigan State from his list. Down to Duke, Minnesota, Stanford, and Gonzaga.

According to Doogie, Reid has cut Michigan State from his list. Down to Duke, Minnesota, Stanford, and Gonzaga.

That's great news. We're still the long shot, but one less team to contend with. Would have also sucked to see Izzo steal another player from us.

That's great news. We're still the long shot, but one less team to contend with. Would have also sucked to see Izzo steal another player from us.

Agreed. Now if only Michael Humphrey would commit to Stanford and Kevon Looney would commit to Duke before Reid makes a descision...

Since Doogie is pretty much wrong about everything, here's another source.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a> (DLS) has reduced his list of potential schools to Duke, Gonzaga, Minnesota and Stanford. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23PULLEYHOOPS&src=hash">#PULLEYHOOPS</a></p>— Errol Carlstrom (@PulleyHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/PulleyHoops/statuses/383702075122524160">September 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom