***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

1 for 9 from three so far. Is it time for Pitino to just forbid any three point attempts?

It really is amazing how consistently bad the gophers are at shooting. I can't remember the last good shooter Pitino has had, kalscheur his freshman year or maybe akeem springs? the rest aren't even average shooters, but straight up bad. Nate mason probably fits as well
We haven't had a shooter since Hoffharber.

We have no clue against a decent zone. This is far from over.

It really is amazing how consistently bad the gophers are at shooting. I can't remember the last good shooter Pitino has had, kalscheur his freshman year or maybe akeem springs? the rest aren't even average shooters, but straight up bad.

Nate Mason was a pretty good shooter. Coffey was solid his junior year. Andre Hollins was damn good. Austin Hollins ended up being solid.

Seems like hyperbole on your part

I guess I'll take this, but... My wife has gone to bed because this is not good basketball.

Game Stats
Northwestern
Minnesota
Points2531
FG8-1712-29
FG%47.141.4
3P2-91-12
3P%22.28.3
FT7-96-7
FT%77.885.7
Rebounds1514
Offensive Rebounds14
Defensive Rebounds1410
Ties11
Lead Changes00
Time with Lead0:0019:13
Lead % of Game0.096.1
Last Lead-
Last Lead: Time-
Largest Lead014
Largest Lead: Score-17-3
Largest Lead: Time-12:07 (1st)
Assists47
Turnovers124
Bench Points60
Blocks00
On Court Points2023
Fastbreak Points26
Steals26
Points off Turnovers213
Points in the Paint1214
Second Chance Points25
Personal Fouls78
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3232

Nate Mason was a pretty good shooter. Coffey was solid his junior year. Andre Hollins was damn good. Austin Hollins ended up being solid.

Seems like hyperbole on your part
Yeah, definitely forgot mason at first. Amir shot 30% from 3 his junior year, and the other 2 haven’t played for the gophers for 6-7 years now. Sad that in the years since we don’t have anyone else that comes to mind

And Mash is becoming one
Jamal is shooting 30% this year from 3. Agree that over the last few games he’s looking like he’s going to be a great player, but wouldn’t call him a good shooter yet.

Hoffarber for sure and farther back Bobby Jackson ! Pathetic how few names we can put on this list.

I’ll never forgive Pitino for the way he treated Isaiah Washington.

Yeah, definitely forgot mason at first. Amir shot 30% from 3 his junior year, and the other 2 haven’t played for the gophers for 6-7 years now. Sad that in the years since we don’t have anyone else that comes to mind

Amir may have shot 30% from 3 but he was far from a "not even average but bad shooter" as you put it.

But I agree, it sucks that I am having trouble thinking of other good ones in the last 5 years

I’ll never forgive Pitino for the way he treated Isaiah Washington.

I mean, don't you think if Pitino was wrong about IW he would have ended up tearing up and dropping 18+/game at much lower competition levels?

Top Bottom