Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I saw on Twitter a few minutes ago that Brett Kitrell opened up his recruitment per Ryan Burns

247Sports lists him as a decommit. Hopefully Fleck has someone in mind for OC to replace Brett.

I see now that 247 has Douglas as a 33% MN Crystal Ball prediction...for whatever that is worth.

ND visits him Sunday.

@AndrewNemec:
Jesuit 3* CB Demetrius Douglas (@demetriius_d) has in-home visits with Minnesota today and Notre Dame on Sunday.

Does anyone have any insight as far as the recruiting budget that they are allowing with Fleck? I know that info might not be available but if I remember with Kill, that was an issue as far as the traveling budget and all that goes along with visiting with recruits at their home/school. I am not even sure a real number was ever released but I am curious to know if Fleck demanded more of a budget than Kill/Claeys had because if I remember correctly we had the smallest budget in the Big10.

Hope Fleck has the budget to fly the Brewster helicopter to Friday night football games.

Cut throat is what we need right now.

Oh, I like your Avatar pic a lot.

Thanks, I thought that there must be a pic of that amp out there somewhere and I was able to find it :)

I agree that we need to do what we have to do. I feel for any kids that wanted to come here that won't be able to, but that's the way it is in this game.

With Durr out for the year Fleck can really sell major playing time at CB.

Tre Norwood(CB) decommitted today from Louisville. Minnesota had been interested in him before he committed. 247 has us as the favorite. If we can keep Layne and Creamer and somehow steal Norwood and Douglas, that would be an amazing freshman cornerback haul.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like we will see how well Fleck can recruit these kids, ND is also in on Douglas.

I will never understand how ND recruits so well still. They have to be one of (or THE) biggest underachieving college football teams over the last 15 years.

I will never understand how ND recruits so well still. They have to be one of (or THE) biggest underachieving college football teams over the last 15 years.

It's still Notre Dame. And they play on national television every week.

The name Notre Dame is pretty prestigious. The tradition is legendary. The aura is pretty intoxicating. The alumni are pretty powerful! Touchdown Jesus is magical. They were pretty good in 2015 despite a ton of injuries...lost to Clemson and Stanford by two points each and Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. And no, I'm not a Notre Dame fan but I respect them. Not going to dismiss their status.

I think Notre Dame sets up graduates with a really strong network for guys' post-football careers as well. Really good academics. Only game in town as well. Really great college football atmosphere.

Yeah, it's a pretty special place. I've gone to a handful of games in South Bend and it is really an awesome experience.

.624 winning percentage since 2005. Still don't get how the atmosphere can make up for that with all these 4 and 5 star recruits.

Quran Hafiz is very much available now that he has toxic status post 9/2/2016 MN recruiting visit.

.624 winning percentage since 2005. Still don't get how the atmosphere can make up for that with all these 4 and 5 star recruits.

Because YOU are the recruit we need to make a difference! With YOU we return to the days of Rockne! You'll own the world with a degree from Notre Dame! It will open doors for you your entire life! Come to Notre Dame and you are set for life! Imagine.... etc etc seems pretty easy actually. A Notre Dame education is very respected!

I wonder if we are still interested Avery Showell, he's a teammate of Creamer.

I believe Notre Dame to still be the lone national brand in college athletics, love em or hate em.

Go Gophers!!

I believe Notre Dame to still be the lone national brand in college athletics, love em or hate em.

I get all that stuff - I'm just shocked with the "younger generation" that they can still be convinced to go there with how average ND has been the last 10+ years. And I'm Catholic even!

Go Gophers!!

A substitute for the slot vacated by Brett Kitrell? Ed Warriner must have pushed for the switch.

Top Bottom