Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I asked this on one of the other threads which was, quite shockingly, hijacked with the Kaler/Coyle conversation. Does anyone know whether the 28 available scholarships includes either the players facing expulsion and/or suspension. It seems pretty evident Fleck is working on the premise he has a lot of available scholarships right now. That obviously leads a person to conclude those player's scholarships aren't part of that number. Can't wait to see how all these outstanding offers and future visits go. Like most people here, I have a real good feeling the tail end of this class will look pretty good.

I don't know but it would seem weird to have a player... getting a scholarship, not count because he is suspended.

Also Coyle was set up by Kaler and the 9/11 commission!

And you can always play the the Grey Shirt game too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard commit to Missou.

Prediction 100% Minnesota.

Well ok 247, I want to belive....

I wouldn't read too much into it. Sometimes they just do that because he is visiting soon so if he is going to flip to someone else, it would be the school he is visiting.

You can sign 28 every year in theory. 25 in the current year and you can count back three scholarships to the previous year. I'm going to assume that three of the players signing this year are going to be early enrollees to school this winter semester. Likely at least 1 Juco and two high school players from this class that have graduated high school early, and will be available for Spring practice, they do a financial aid process that allows the scholarship to count back a year on 3. This allows for 25 that sign on the February signing day to start school either this summer or fall. I believe the coaching staff is working under the assumption there will be some early graduates that don't get playing time that leave and only use 4 of the 5 years and there will be obviously some attrition from the group of 10 suspended players. Even without knowing the specifics, I believe this new staff is working under the assumption they will sign 28 guys this year.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming this is correct, but you would also have scholarships available to award beyond the 28 if you have transfers, expulsions etc., correct?

Great offer list: Lousiville, Illinois, Pitt, Purdue.

We've apparently got a monopoly on Kentucky TE's. Lousville and UK will have to recruit out of state the next few years.

Well, we got the one, but I don't see how that constitutes a monopoly.

Hawks? More like Vultures! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's interesting that Iowa has now offered both of our DB verbal commits, Trey Creamer first and now Raheem Layne. We're obviously hurting for DB depth, so hopefully we can keep them both (and add a couple more). Seems to be a little bit of dirty pool by the Hawkeyes... wonder if Fleck will take notice of that for the future.
Blame Kaler and Coyle.

Well, we got the one, but I don't see how that constitutes a monopoly.

Ah, my bad...I thought this was a new commitment, but this is the same kid from 2 days ago :) Ha! Things have been happening quickly...having a hard time keeping up. But that's not unusual for me!

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming this is correct, but you would also have scholarships available to award beyond the 28 if you have transfers, expulsions etc., correct?

That would be a "no". 28 is the upper limit and only if you can use 3 towards last year. Otherwise 25. If you have unused scholarships, they can either go to walk-ons or save the school some money.

That would be a "no". 28 is the upper limit and only if you can use 3 towards last year. Otherwise 25. If you have unused scholarships, they can either go to walk-ons or save the school some money.

Or gray shirt

Blame Kaler and Coyle.

No thanks. I'll blame the people who actually created the mess like Claeys and his players rather than the people who did a poor job of cleaning up said mess.

Enjoy, Western recruits, when PJ Fleck leaves you, then you will feel like we do. We loved PJ he showed us what motivation and culture change could do for a program.

Some how PJ forgot that the "Western money" he spent travel, phone calls, hosting recruits was his????

You'll see if PJ doesn't get his way, your AD and President will hear about it, your other sports will feel the difference. He is a whirlwind of energy and will make you better then leave you at the most inconvenient time (two weeks left in recruiting season). You see in the end PJ is just interested in PJ!

Now just keep enjoying our recruits since we have 3 great classes returning we will continue to win... with out a few of our 2 star and 3 star guys you picked up. (can't see UMinn. winning much with 2 and 3 star players in BIG10.

Enjoy, Western recruits, when PJ Fleck leaves you, then you will feel like we do. We loved PJ he showed us what motivation and culture change could do for a program.

Some how PJ forgot that the "Western money" he spent travel, phone calls, hosting recruits was his????

You'll see if PJ doesn't get his way, your AD and President will hear about it, your other sports will feel the difference. He is a whirlwind of energy and will make you better then leave you at the most inconvenient time (two weeks left in recruiting season). You see in the end PJ is just interested in PJ!

Now just keep enjoying our recruits since we have 3 great classes returning we will continue to win... with out a few of our 2 star and 3 star guys you picked up. (can't see UMinn. winning much with 2 and 3 star players in BIG10.

Wow sour grapes

Have you had your nap today?

We just went 9-4 with 2 and 3 start players. :D

Ok.

They obviously weren't Western recruits. They were Fleck recruits. And we have a much better shot of keeping Fleck around then WMU had. We just won 9 games with mostly 3 star recruits, and I expect Fleck to get his share of 4 stars now that he is in a P5 conference.

I felt much the same way when Lou Holtz left. Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Enjoy, Western recruits, when PJ Fleck leaves you, then you will feel like we do. .

congrats on the 13 wins. I'd love for the U to be relevant again in football and win 13

Top Bottom