All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Exactly.

In that equation, the kid sucks.

If he were a UCF commit and changed to the Gophers, he'd be a thoughtful, young man that wrestled with a tough decision, but ultimately did what was best for him and his family.

Did you guys not read the haiku I composed for when he went elsewhere (on page 40 or so this thread)? I covered my losses. There is also a haiku for if he picked Minnesota.

Dredrick Snelson boo!
We never wanted you here
Grades not good enough

On a serious note, Snelson played the recruiting game very well. There aren't 50 page threads on other 3* recruits.

So we can't even finish in the top half of the West with our best recruiting class in 7 years, and that's a major accomplishment.

No, I'm not a really tough guy? I'm a dude posting on a message board from my white-collar office job. Not sure where I claimed anything different. That said, not really sure what the performance of the US Mens Hockey team three decades ago has to do with recruiting. And while I'm not great hockey mind, I'm guessing that team was probably still one of the top 3 most talented teams in the world.

But maybe I should stop complaining. We do have a top 10 class this year! 10 out of 14! Let's start by trying to consistently get in the top half of the Big Ten. That is not unreasonable.

Looking at the overall class, we definitely competing with low-tier power conference and mid-major teams more than we are even competing with Iowa or Wisconsin.

And none of those FBS offers were from power 5 schools. Although Tulane used to be in the SEC, so that's big!

MN is a 3 star school that has to use develop model....just way it is

Worked for Michigan State

So we can't even finish in the top half of the West with our best recruiting class in 7 years, and that's a major accomplishment.

No, I'm not a really tough guy? I'm a dude posting on a message board from my white-collar office job. Not sure where I claimed anything different. That said, not really sure what the performance of the US Mens Hockey team three decades ago has to do with recruiting. And while I'm not great hockey mind, I'm guessing that team was probably still one of the top 3 most talented teams in the world.

But maybe I should stop complaining. We do have a top 10 class this year! 10 out of 14! Let's start by trying to consistently get in the top half of the Big Ten. That is not unreasonable.

Looking at the overall class, we definitely competing with low-tier power conference and mid-major teams more than we are even competing with Iowa or Wisconsin.

And none of those FBS offers were from power 5 schools. Although Tulane used to be in the SEC, so that's big!

I wasn't aware that trolls hibernate for over 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get out of the top 20 or so the difference between say 30-45 is negligible. one guy getting a 3 star instead of a 2 or a guy being rated the 37th best WR instead of the 45th.

Ok I was wrong it's still Wisconsin 7 Nebraska 6 Minnesota 4. You assume that Minnesota will have 5 drafted while Nebraska and Wisconsin will have none?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Not very good with math, maybe you should use your toes next time.

Any word on Fredrick Seldom? He's still the guy about whom I'm most excited.

Why? Because I have higher standards for the Gophers than beating Jacksonville State out for a 2 star QB? Fact is the Gophers go into almost every Big Ten game at a talent disadvantage. Maybe a scrappy,well-coached but less talented team can wide a wave of good luck and compete for the West title once a decade, but it is not a formula for continued success. At some point the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the lack of talent they put on the field.

Ok, so now can we get him banned. You have no sound logic to your argument, you just want to bash the program. Let me guess, you must be a fashion major with a minor in pottery.

Why? Because I have higher standards for the Gophers than beating Jacksonville State out for a 2 star QB? Fact is the Gophers go into almost every Big Ten game at a talent disadvantage. Maybe a scrappy,well-coached but less talented team can wide a wave of good luck and compete for the West title once a decade, but it is not a formula for continued success. At some point the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the lack of talent they put on the field.

No, because you are a troll of the lowest caliber. Go back in your hole troll.

Ok, so now can we get him banned. You have no sound logic to your argument, you just want to bash the program. Let me guess, you must be a fashion major with a minor in pottery.

Already is

Well, I am disappointed that he passed on us.
Minnesota is a great school, and he looked to have potential to be a go to guy right off the bat for us.
Oh well, good luck to him... It appears we have other talented signees who will be happy to give it their best!

Well, I am disappointed that he passed on us.
Minnesota is a great school, and he looked to have potential to be a go to guy right off the bat for us.
Oh well, good luck to him... It appears we have other talented signees who will be happy to give it their best!

Judging by several of our recruits Tweets, they were more than a little annoyed with Snelson's antics.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UCF must have a real good quarterback that throws geat spirals....

The thread that wouldn't die...

I just want to thank you for your input. Great insight. Balanced view. Fair facts. And a great understanding of the random data you use.

After the 2016 draft where four or five gophs will be drafted we will have put just as many guys in the league in the past three years as anyone in the division and a lot of those guys were two stars or lower. This is the strongest class we've had in awhile. Will be just fine and will compete for the West this year

4 or 5? I can think of 3 max. Who am I missing?

Nice. Someone ask if I can question his loyalty now...
4d5c297aed6e21a06c8b73f23c4f1649.jpg

FWIW, I don't think he is a troll. He's clumsy. I trust my personal sniffer for finding trolls, and he does not fit. Yet...

However, your homophobic, "less than a MAN" comment might not be bannable, but it should be deleted from this thread.

Many a day I thought I would be banned. That was some time ago. Now, I just want Snelson to be forgotten, just like me.

FWIW, I don't think he is a troll. He's clumsy. I trust my personal sniffer for finding trolls, and he does not fit. Yet...

However, your homophobic, "less than a MAN" comment might not be bannable, but it should be deleted from this thread.

The reference was meant as not having any logic, maybe I should have said poly sci major with a minor in archery. Sorry if you read anything else into it.

Top Bottom