Shama: Players who might transfer are reserves Berkley Edwards and Jacques Perra

Yeah, he's headed to FCS level to play. I've heard NDSU, but think it'll be North Dakota or Montana.

He'd clean up at one of those schools. The casual fan would say, we had HIM on our roster? I just love the kid - good kid, too.

what has happened with Streveler-- I can see him leaving as he was moved from QB to get him on the field and he has disappeared as WR. <b>I also am worried about all of the other WR that seem to have disappeared from the field who were expected to contribute</b>

Yes yes yes. MN has been a WR wasteland. Hoping the new offensive staff turns that around.

Yeah, he's headed to FCS level to play. I've heard NDSU, but think it'll be North Dakota or Montana.

Would be surprised if it's NDSU. They have a freshman QB that has led them to the FCS championship game who will be around for 3 more years. Plus they like a QB who can run.

Perra is leaving according to my, sometimes talkative, source.

Oh ok, well, if it's the case, I can't blame him. I really do think he has a legit chance to play for the Gophers. I know our staff likes guys who are a little more mobile and I realize Demry is sitting in front of him on the depth chart, but I think Perra is a big ten caliber QB. I don't care if he walked on. I hope he sticks around one more season and lets it play out. We aren't set at QB.

If you cannot beat out Leidner for the starting job then you have almost 0 chance of starting at any other BCS school.

If you cannot beat out Leidner for the starting job then you have almost 0 chance of starting at any other BCS school.

FFS, give it up. He played a great game yesterday and is easily the best QB on the roster, not to mention at worst a mid-tier starting QB in the Big Ten in 2016.

FFS, give it up. He played a great game yesterday and is easily the best QB on the roster, not to mention at worst a mid-tier starting QB in the Big Ten in 2016.

If he can play like last night he's a clear cut starter on a vast majority of college programs.

I'll take that Leidner any day of the week. If we cannot win with that Leidner we will never win. He had one or two bad throws all day and 3 or 4 fantastic/perfect passes.

I agree. Mitch actually played really well yesterday. He threw some perfect deep balls and didn't have that "here we go again with Mitch," moment either. Well, I suppose once when he took the sack after holding the ball for far too long.

Weird that James would transfer, I suspect he'd be starting the next few years.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More surprising is that he kept fielding punts all year.

You mean from a broken leg? Thought he was out for the year after that.

It was a lower leg fracture - I think I'd heard 4 week recovery or so predicted. I'd also heard the actual recovery was taking longer but who knows.

Saw a tweet this morning that James transfer was due in part to a "family situation".

This one really isn't a surprise to me I got the feeling he might be transferring when we went after the JUCO CB. Also seemed strange that he didn't return at all from injury when originally Kill had said he would be out 3-4 weeks.

I get the impression that this is a pretty common phenomenon with QBs. You have to figure though that next year Perra would have been behind Leidner, Croft, and probably Green too.

This has become a common phenomenon with QB's the past few years as guys are no longer content to wait around for playing time. Lots of teams are struggling some in the QB depth department. It doesn't necessarily hurt in games because most of those guys would not have played anyway but it hurts big time in practice with scout teams and drills that require multiple QB's.

I'm sure we'll hear a few more transfers...especially on the offensive side of the ball. I've heard rumors of James Johannesson and Desmond Gant transferring. Hope I'm wrong!

I'm sure we'll hear a few more transfers...especially on the offensive side of the ball. I've heard rumors of James Johannesson and Desmond Gant transferring. Hope I'm wrong!

The JJ rumor I saw was false. He tweeted "On my way to Fargo" and Bison fans went estatic. All he meant was leaving the Michigan bowl game and on his way home not transfering schools.

The JJ rumor I saw was false. He tweeted "On my way to Fargo" and Bison fans went estatic. All he meant was leaving the Michigan bowl game and on his way home not transfering schools.

That's hilarious. Good you got out of there, they have more crazys than any school I've seen....even Iowa.

Neither of those guys mentioned would surprise me much though if I were Berk I might seriously consider giving up football all together and just focusing in on track. Only bad thing about Perra leaving is that it would once again shrink our QB depth even if he is unlikely ever to see the field. Still need guys to run the scout team and take reps off your key QB's in various drills like WR vs. DB.
Still have Rhoda

How about we all agree that Leidner could average 350 yards passing a game and complete 75% of his passes next season and you'd still think he sucks? Then you wouldn't have to post about it anymore. That would eliminate 98% of your posts.

This one really isn't a surprise to me I got the feeling he might be transferring when we went after the JUCO CB. Also seemed strange that he didn't return at all from injury when originally Kill had said he would be out 3-4 weeks.

Yeah my thinking as well. Too bad, thought he had a chance to be good. But understandable if it is a family issue.

As for the rest, you just have to expect it. Every program deals with it. Players come in and want to play. If they don't, or it just isn't the right fit, they will transfer. You can only play so many guys every game and there will always be a few who aren't happy.

247 indicating Gentry was leaving, but has since decided to stay.

Top Bottom