Seth Green to Minnesota?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting (if true) that Green may be on the verge of committing to the Gophers sans an OC. Maybe Claeys sharing his vision is enough? Can't imagine Claeys would be sharing names to Green behind the scenes in the age of Twitter.

Green may turn out to be a good college QB - or he might not. Let's wait and see what happens on the field before passing judgement one way or another.

The game is called "College Football," not "Star Ratings." If Star Ratings were all that mattered, the Gophers would not have won 8 games the last two seasons.

Interesting (if true) that Green may be on the verge of committing to the Gophers sans an OC. Maybe Claeys sharing his vision is enough? Can't imagine Claeys would be sharing names to Green behind the scenes in the age of Twitter.

Could be more like Green is pretty short on options to play QB in college. At least at a power 5 school.

Who cares why. SG has talent and potential and we need that on this team - especially at QB. Maybe with him and Demry we will have a bright future with athletic QBs that fit TC's offensive vision. I hope he signs and I hope he does well. Regardless if you love his film or not, and regardless how much he did or didn't play in TX, it is time to cheer for SG and hope for the best. Welcome aboard Seth!

Who cares why. SG has talent and potential and we need that on this team - especially at QB. Maybe with him and Demry we will have a bright future with athletic QBs that fit TC's offensive vision. I hope he signs and I hope he does well. Regardless if you love his film or not, and regardless how much he did or didn't play in TX, it is time to cheer for SG and hope for the best. Welcome aboard Seth!
Well said.

How many cumulative offers from Power 5 schools (other than MN) did Mitch, Phil, Streveler, McKinzy, Croft, and Poljan have to play QB? I think the number is close to zero.

How many cumulative offers from Power 5 schools did/does Seth have? 10+

If you liked any of the other guys as a QB recruit, you have to like Seth. And we all realize that doesn't guarantee he will be good.

How many cumulative offers from Power 5 schools (other than MN) did Mitch, Phil, Streveler, McKinzy, Croft, and Poljan have to play QB? I think the number is close to zero.

How many cumulative offers from Power 5 schools did/does Seth have? 10+

If you liked any of the other guys as a QB recruit, you have to like Seth. And we all realize that doesn't guarantee he will be good.

WOW! Great point, you're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be the only QB we get that ever had an Oregon offer.

I love the definitiveness of your statement. You know, because, of course, Oregon football has always been a dominant power in the sport and therefore always will be.

Oh that's right, we beat them in the Sun Bowl, didn't we?

I love the definitiveness of your statement. You know, because, of course, Oregon football has always been a dominant power in the sport and therefore always will be.

I knew someone would reply similiarly to this. The greater point was what I was making. We aren't going to attract QBs that even get a sniff from a team LIKE Oregon, at least for now we wont.

Yes - Marqueis had Oregon & MSU listed as offers per Rivals, plus several other offers.

per Joe:

Seth Green, who originally committed to play quarterback at Oregon, made an official visit with the Gophers this weekend, drawing excitement that he could be very close to flipping to Minnesota.

Green was a standout at East Ridge before transferring to play his senior season in Allen, Texas. He and Oregon have mutually decided it’s best for him to explore other options.

http://www.startribune.com/former-e...akes-recruiting-visit-to-minnesota/360748461/

Go Gophers!!

ZYW4oLp.png

Actually - we ended up 1-1 vs Oregon in the Sun Bowl. They beat us in 1999, we beat them in 2003.

I haven't followed his recruitment closely so I'm kinda confused--if Oregon got two other QB's in the class and one of them was apparently told that Green and Oregon parted ways, why does Oregon have anything other than 0% People who just haven't updated their prediction? Where else is Green seriously considering? I apologize for being too lazy to find that answer myself. 15-second search was all I had patience for.

I haven't followed his recruitment closely so I'm kinda confused--if Oregon got two other QB's in the class and one of them was apparently told that Green and Oregon parted ways, why does Oregon have anything other than 0% People who just haven't updated their prediction? Where else is Green seriously considering? I apologize for being too lazy to find that answer myself. 15-second search was all I had patience for.

SG still has a scholarship option at Oregon to play TE - if he wants it. It doesn't matter, however. He is (verbally) committed to play QB at the U - whether or not that is being publicly announced at this point.

SG still has a scholarship option at Oregon to play TE - if he wants it. It doesn't matter, however. He is (verbally) committed to play QB at the U - whether or not that is being publicly announced at this point.[/QUOTE]

Spoofin - I'm pretty sure I agree with you, so this is not a challenge of any sort. But, out of curiosity, is the bolded part based off of any specific knowledge or just a belief based on what has been reported thus far?

SG still has a scholarship option at Oregon to play TE - if he wants it. It doesn't matter, however. He is (verbally) committed to play QB at the U - whether or not that is being publicly announced at this point.[/QUOTE]

Spoofin - I'm pretty sure I agree with you, so this is not a challenge of any sort. But, out of curiosity, is the bolded part based off of any specific knowledge or just a belief based on what has been reported thus far?

Zach Johnson (GI) has been reporting it since Sunday. He has stated it comes from multiple sources. I believe his sources - he has never steered me wrong before.

Zach Johnson (GI) has been reporting it since Sunday. He has stated it comes from multiple sources. I believe his sources - he has never steered me wrong before.

LOL, really? Never met Zach, and he's right about Green committing to the U. Everyone is talking about it at East Ridge hoops game, but Johnson has had some major stories wrong. He reported Sean Miller to get Gopher hoops job, he reported Lane Kiffin to get Gopher football job and he reported Norwood Teague got offered AD at one of the Virginia schools. Happy that we got Green though, heck of an athlete and big get for Claeys.

tho we missed on zach vraa who people here mentioned was a stud...who went to NDSU.

Wait for MJH or Burns to confirm it before believing it, not Zach Johnson.

Top Bottom