All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I believe if we offer sacar he will commit. I think itino knows this to. I've seen Sacar a couple times I think jes hood never seen Ellison or Gregory. It sounds Ellison is taller and has a better outside shot than Sacar. Also Sacar is Minnesota kid may help bringing him and Russo in with future in state recruits. I'm sure friendships and chemistry are formed playing for Pulley

It sounds Ellison is taller and has a better outside shot than Sacar

I'd prefer Scacar's outside shot to Wallace.

I'd bet that Scar is ~6'-4-1/2" with shoes, hence the 6'-5" listing.

Wally being listed at 6'-6" is quite a stretch.

I'd prefer Scacar's outside shot to Wallace.

I'd bet that Scar is ~6'-4-1/2" with shoes, hence the 6'-5" listing.

Wally being listed at 6'-6" is quite a stretch.
Sorry I was referring to Malik Ellison a wing pitino is recruiting not Wally Ellenson. Apologise for the vonfusion

I saw this kid play a few weeks ago. Very strong, shoots the 3 , strong, smart player could play the 3. I think we would be a good fit for a juco player

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesotta will be at Northwest College to watch Chris Boucher on Tuesday.Averaging 28ppg,15rpg,6bpg in regional play
<a href="http://t.co/G6cyeRDj8L">http://t.co/G6cyeRDj8L</a></p>— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) <a href="https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/status/564522854004191232">February 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Boucher is one to keep an eye on. He's 10th in scoring in all of JUCO (D-1) at 22.5 ppg also averages 10.8 rebounds and 4.8 blocks. He's clearly a skilled big at 6'10 who attempts over four 3's a game and hits them at a 39.6% clip and also shoots his free throws well at 77.2%. The negative on this guy, I assume, is that he appears to be very thin and Rivals lists him at 205lbs at 6'10.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

That seams like wishful thinking on their part. I might be wrong but we should be able to out recruit Rutgers. If distance is an issue than Maryland should easily win a recruiting battle against Rutgers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesotta will be at Northwest College to watch Chris Boucher on Tuesday.Averaging 28ppg,15rpg,6bpg in regional play
<a href="http://t.co/G6cyeRDj8L">http://t.co/G6cyeRDj8L</a></p>— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) <a href="https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/status/564522854004191232">February 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Boucher is one to keep an eye on. He's 10th in scoring in all of JUCO (D-1) at 22.5 ppg also averages 10.8 rebounds and 4.8 blocks. He's clearly a skilled big at 6'10 who attempts over four 3's a game and hits them at a 39.6% clip and also shoots his free throws well at 77.2%. The negative on this guy, I assume, is that he appears to be very thin and Rivals lists him at 205lbs at 6'10.

I'm down. Kanote won't be as skilled offensively as Walker, so having a Center who has had success scoring in JUCO would be great for the program. Plus, if the guy does have this range, maybe he could play minutes at the 4.. Would be nice to have someone with size back up King

+1

I'm down. Kanote won't be as skilled offensively as Walker, so having a Center who has had success scoring in JUCO would be great for the program. Plus, if the guy does have this range, maybe he could play minutes at the 4.. Would be nice to have someone with size back up King

This guy sounds exactly like what we need. He is originally from Quebec so winter shouldn't scare him. Came out of high school with Wiggins. so maybe we can woo him. We're going to need scoring from somewhere.

I don't think he is a center. Sounds like he is definitely a forward. Rivals actually lists him as a small forward. He looks extremely skinny too.

I don't think he is a center. Sounds like he is definitely a forward. Rivals actually lists him as a small forward. He looks extremely skinny too.

Sign him now. If he is indeed 6'10 then I don't really care how skinny he is.

Next year's roster only has room for 1 Charlie Buggs.

That said, how many rebounds per game was Charlie pulling down during his prep season? You can be skinny and still get boards, right Kevin Garnett? You can also be thick and not get boards, right Mo?

It's about desire and craftiness. If he's averaging double digit boards, can run the floor, and knock down a jumper or two, I'm cool with the addition. But we only have room for one Buggs.

He is very skinny but his numbers are phenomenal at Northwest College and they have improved as the season has progressed. In the last 9 games, he has scored under 20 only once, has scored 30 or more 4 times, has failed to get double digit rebounds only once, had 21 rebounds in one game, had 10 blocks in one game, and 7 or more blocks in three others. He also shot 10 of 11 at the free throw line in two games and 11 out of 12 in another. He is also 16 of 29 on three point shots over those nine games.

He and Coffey can battle for the point guard spot in a couple years.

You can be skinny and still get boards, right Kevin Garnett? You can also be thick and not get boards, right Mo?

wasn't rodman about 6'7" 210 when he was pulling down 20 rebounds. great instincts on where the ball was heading as soon as it was released and getting to the right spot quickly

That seams like wishful thinking on their part. I might be wrong but we should be able to out recruit Rutgers. If distance is an issue than Maryland should easily win a recruiting battle against Rutgers.

Maryland isn't really recruiting Ellison right now so that might not be an option for him. I agree though, I would hope we could beat out Rutgers for a recruit.

We need size and muscle!

I love when people use the exception to the rule, as the rule. Rodman is very well known on the court because he was a phenomenal rebounder and defender for his size. Now there isnt enough room in this entrie Forum to list all the players his size who weren't.

wasn't rodman about 6'7" 210 when he was pulling down 20 rebounds. great instincts on where the ball was heading as soon as it was released and getting to the right spot quickly

I love when people use the exception to the rule, as the rule.

Agree.

Gas, Kontae and Wonk have great size and muscles.

Pretty difficult to know what Gas or Wonk can bring next year... same can be said about any juco transfer making the jump to the B1G. A grad. transfer would be nice, but pretty hard to come by.

I love when people use the exception to the rule, as the rule. Rodman is very well known on the court because he was a phenomenal rebounder and defender for his size. Now there isnt enough room in this entrie Forum to list all the players his size who weren't.

Another exception to the rule is Charles Barkley he stood 6-6 and could score too.

Top Bottom