All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Hold on tight this is going to be a wild one. I'm not sure we are even done with the attrition yet. I kind of like the potential of Carlos Morris but his stock is plummeting with RP it appears. Last night 11 minutes 1-1 shooting 3 assists no turnovers and he rode a lot of pine. One thing I'm sure of is that Pitino wants to see a lot of competition at each position next year so that he can sit guys when they need to be sat. The options he is looking at this year cannot be fun.

Agreed. I'm the dipsh1t that was excited that we had all of our scholarships filled before the season started.... I think I commented (inappropriate jab at prior regime) that I was going to love not having these stinking spring recruits.... Pitino's had more spring recruits in his first couple years than his predecessor it seems.

Good on you. It's been enjoyable watching some people slowly walk back their over-the-top vitriol.

FWIW DP, I've never been a Tubby basher, and rarely make comments that are anti-tubby and never Pitino > Tubby. I am not a Tubby "apologist" either, also worth mentioning, I like Pitino and where the team is headed.

I get what you are saying as there is much less Pitino is Jesus talk than same time last year.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

looks like we may have missed out on another one...

Not sure why you're trolling the best senior in the state just because he isn't going to end up a Gopher. You're lame.

It was a decent joke, don't be so sensitive.

I really like Sacar, thought the Gophers should of have offer him, he would have accepted. Richard knew he could have him next year and passed. I'm sure there will be post about it the next four years.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="186"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for him...this would be a great landing spot for him so he can get a great education, play BB against the best competition and stick it to the Gophers a couple times per year for not recruiting him.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Not sure why you're trolling the best senior in the state just because he isn't going to end up a Gopher. You're lame.
Lol I knew the golden ***s would get upset. Pitino has seen him enough. Will see whose right in 4 years. Maybe he will go to northwestern better school nicer neighborhood. Marquette is in the ****in hood

Go Gophers!!

Good luck to Anim. I have no problem pulling for in state players not offered by the Gophers who go elsewhere. Hopefully Pitino didn't make a big mistake.

Point that needs to be emphasized: Texas Tech never offered either. That's telling because Tubby and his staff are very, very familiar with Anim and they decided not to offer even now in February.

There's something that the coaches are seeing that we're not.

Re: Sacar Anim
« Reply #316 on: Today at 03:47:01 PM »
Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook
Look for Marquette to continue recruiting players from DeLaSalle, including sophomore Goanar Mar (6-6) and frosh Gabe Kalscheur (6-3).

Gopher fans, we have two recruits, Jarvis Johnson and Dupree McBrayer, as nominees for the American Family Insurance National Dunk and 3 Point Contest. If you have a few minutes vote for them. There is only a day or so left to vote but it would be great for them.

Jarvis Johnson in dunk contest: https://highschoolslam.com/mens/dunk

Dupree McBrayer in 3 point contest: https://highschoolslam.com/mens/3pt

Go Gophers!

FWIW, on the most recent "Talk Gopher Buckets" podcast that was released late last week, Ryan James seemed to be of the impression that only Malik Ellison actually has an offer right now. Chris Boucher, Johnny Woodard, Nick Noskowiak, Cullen Russo, Tyson Jolly, Christian Willliams and other others have received varying degrees of interest from the Gophers, but it's tough to tell (in his words) who the Gophers are really serious about and he doesn't expect to find clarity on that until the Gophers season ends. Ryan used Jamall Gregory as an example and said word was that a visit would be scheduled soon (at the time of our interest in him broke), but that it still hadn't happened. The inference was that we can't be too serious about Gregory at this point because things hadn't progressed passed the initial contact stage.

FWIW, on the most recent "Talk Gopher Buckets" podcast that was released late last week, Ryan James seemed to be of the impression that only Malik Ellison actually has an offer right now. Chris Boucher, Johnny Woodard, Nick Noskowiak, Cullen Russo, Tyson Jolly, Christian Willliams and other others have received varying degrees of interest from the Gophers, but it's tough to tell (in his words) who the Gophers are really serious about and he doesn't expect to find clarity on that until the Gophers season ends. Ryan used Jamall Gregory as an example and said word was that a visit would be scheduled soon (at the time of our interest in him broke), but that it still hadn't happened. The inference was that we can't be too serious about Gregory at this point because things hadn't progressed passed the initial contact stage.

The optimist in me takes that to mean - We know we've got some late signees coming in that aren't included in that list. Staff must be farily confident in said recruits to put all their eggs in those baskets.

The pessimist in me says - Oh **** they are staying pat....

The Gopher fan in me says - Pitino is leaving.... (This is a total joke)

Go Gophers!!

If those are the schools we're up against and no one else jumps in I think we have a pretty decent shot. Malik has said playing time is his #1 factor and we have a glaring hole at SF right now.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I assume the coaches are going to be making some visits with the bye this weekend? Anyone know who we're going to see?

Top Bottom