Yahoo: Will America's No. 1 QB recruit Quinn Ewers give up 7-figure NIL offers for one more season of Texas high school football?

You should be honored to be the first team to get to face the phenom Quinn Ewers. If he is half as good as the hype, he will be the starter. I wonder where Stroud will transfer?
Even Trevor Lawrence didn't start week 1.

Is he going to be on the roster for this season, or is he going to enroll in January so he counts towards next year, and the only reason he isn't playing fall football is for NIL deals?
He will be on the roster. He is going to participate in fall camp.

He will be on the roster. He is going to participate in fall camp.
Thanks. I wonder what his high school teammates will think. They went into the state tourney and won at least one game in it, correct? So maybe they had plans of winning state this year, now all down the crapper.

Just checked - Ewers is a March birthday. Most students his age would have graduated by now so he's not really leaving early but just getting back on track.
Right. He is very old for his former grade. He turned 16 as a freshman in HS, which I think is rare even in other states.

Thanks. I wonder what his high school teammates will think. They went into the state tourney and won at least one game in it, correct? So maybe they had plans of winning state this year, now all down the crapper.
Future D1 hockey players give up their senior years to play in the USHL all the time. Kids need to look out for themselves and do what’s best for them.

I can't imagine that OSU is happy about this. I guarantee at least two guys in the QB group end up transferring. They thought they were set and now have to jump into QB recruiting for '22 again.

I can't imagine that OSU is happy about this. I guarantee at least two guys in the QB group end up transferring. They thought they were set and now have to jump into QB recruiting for '22 again.
It's possible OSU isn't happy about this. Ewers is 18 and it's also possible that OSU had an indirect influence in Ewers making the choice that he did. QB's get recruited to schools all the time that dash the hopes and dreams of QB's that have already put in their time at those schools.

Future D1 hockey players give up their senior years to play in the USHL all the time. Kids need to look out for themselves and do what’s best for them.
I feel like hockey at least has more 'opportunity' to make it. Not so much available jobs at the higher level, but if you join the USHL and maybe don't do great you can still find lots of places to get good / better.

CFB, baring another unusual extended eligibility event, you got 5 years.

Granted if we consider education more important ... maybe that's what we should be looking at and maybe early enrollment would be good? Although that might lead us to the difficult question about what classes these kids are taking and long term outcomes ...

I feel like hockey at least has more 'opportunity' to make it. Not so much available jobs at the higher level, but if you join the USHL and maybe don't do great you can still find lots of places to get good / better.

CFB, baring another unusual extended eligibility event, you got 5 years.

Granted if we consider education more important ... maybe that's what we should be looking at and maybe early enrollment would be good? Although that might lead us to the difficult question about what classes these kids are taking and long term outcomes ...
I would tend to agree with you if colleges start doing this with just average recruits.

NIL is the real game changer here. If Ewers can really make 7 figures next year does it really matter if he's successful? He's already 18 so he is in the same age group as the other incoming freshmen already. It's definitely going to be quite the experiment that plays out in the next year or two.

I would tend to agree with you if colleges start doing this with just average recruits.

NIL is the real game changer here. If Ewers can really make 7 figures next year does it really matter if he's successful? He's already 18 so he is in the same age group as the other incoming freshmen already. It's definitely going to be quite the experiment that plays out in the next year or two.
Yeah there's a very real potental to make life changing money outright... after that .. if you're smart about it, you're good.

OSU was scared their new QB wouldn't be up for facing us, so they convinced their 2022 QB to enroll early to have another potential QB to throw against us.

At least, that's what I'd like to believe ;)

Top Bottom