WR Corey Crooms Commits to Gophers!

Let me amend my previous post. While I think the lack of return may lead the deep-pocket donors to scale back their endowments, I believe the NIL system is here to stay. I see my minor involvement as benefiting the average student-athlete in their pursuit of a degree and athletic achievement.

Exactly! Why will I dump $thousands into NIL collectives when all we get are Ls

We win, I’ll donate more
Fleck gets us a 12-0 season we go to the Championship game….NIL collectives will be booming! Not going to get to 12-0 with MAC players!

Not going to be able to buy great players without having big, big donations from uber-rich donors.

We win, I’ll donate more
Fleck gets us a 12-0 season we go to the Championship game….NIL collectives will be booming! Not going to get to 12-0 with MAC players!
If you could talk the wife into a Corolla we could have a pass rush. Check your priorities :).

Nope, not a dime….just been getting special event invites, free swags every year, pregame, half time, post game on field access every home game because I am sexy as shit! 🙄

Thinking about it! 🤦🏻‍♂️

'Free swags'... like jerseys and caps and such? Do 'free swags' really mean all that much to a guy who is ultra-rich?

Another underwhelming medium size fish from a small pond 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t catch sharks or whales 🤦🏻‍♂️
U of Miami (FL) is trying to do what you seem to want to do. Or at least, that one mega-donor was trying to set it up?

I don't think it has worked out for them so far.

@BleedGopher I apologize for hijacking your thread. I’ll stop posting my nonsense in here unless it’s about Crooms.

My bad. 🙏
For the record, I'm a big fan of your success and looking forward to the giant tailgate you will be hosting next season and PS can I borrow one of your cars while you're in town?

We win, I’ll donate more
Good lord man you get that there are really good players in the MAC right? You have to be able to understand that it really isn't that tough of a concept.

Honest question....if you could have Markus Allen or Corey Crooms which one do you pick? The 2nd team all MAC player with multiple productive seasons under his belt or the high rated Big Ten guy who couldn't break through on a team that wasn't exactly loaded at the WR position.

Good lord man you get that there are really good players in the MAC right? You have to be able to understand that it really isn't that tough of a concept.

Honest question....if you could have Markus Allen or Corey Crooms which one do you pick? The 2nd team all MAC player with multiple productive seasons under his belt or the high rated Big Ten guy who couldn't break through on a team that wasn't exactly loaded at the WR position.

Purely hypothetical, but... what if Yah-E is actually a middle school kid? Maybe we're being a little hard on him.

@Cedar Rapids Gopher knows what’s up. 😉

Some of you on here had suspected that I am an active donor in supporting our football program. Don’t get free swags, special football event invites, personalized letters and cards because I look good! C’mon!

I am irritated because I’ve dumped money into this program and all we get are MAC players and loses to ILL and Purdue! It’s like investing in bad stocks! 🤦🏻‍♂️
Some investors buy stocks when they are at all time highs. Some prefer to buy low in the hopes of selling high later. I think that many highly-touted recruits who fail at their first choice school might actually be like over-rated stocks, purchased at their high point, that are now tumbling to their true level. I also think that, as with stocks, there are many overlooked (under-analyzed) value opportunities that, with time, rise to their true level. I believe that the trajectories of players, kind of like the trajectories of stocks, are in constant flux, rising and falling. For where the U is in the battle for talent--despite your financial contributions, thank you!, we are still relatively NIL poor--I think we probably have an easier time catching under-analyzed, potentially under-valued stocks that show a recent history of rising. Some of the falling 5* might actually be bad stocks (locker distractions) for a program such as ours. Just my opinion. Thanks again for contributing. But remember: not all the glistens is gold. I would urge you to judge PJ's transfer commits after a season of play--just as how you would want to be judged.

Some investors buy stocks when they are at all time highs. Some prefer to buy low in the hopes of selling high later. I think that many highly-touted recruits who fail at their first choice school might actually be like over-rated stocks, purchased at their high point, that are now tumbling to their true level. I also think that, as with stocks, there are many overlooked (under-analyzed) value opportunities that, with time, rise to their true level. I believe that the trajectories of players, kind of like the trajectories of stocks, are in constant flux, rising and falling. For where the U is in the battle for talent--despite your financial contributions, thank you!, we are still relatively NIL poor--I think we probably have an easier time catching under-analyzed, potentially under-valued stocks that show a recent history of rising. Some of the falling 5* might actually be bad stocks (locker distractions) for a program such as ours. Just my opinion. Thanks again for contributing. But remember: not all the glistens is gold. I would urge you to judge PJ's transfer commits after a season of play--just as how you would want to be judged.
There's a saying among investors ... Don't try to catch a falling knife.

Too early to know.
Yep, even the best high school athletes in the country are often going to need some time to aclimate to the college game because it is such a massive jump up in terms of the talent on the field.

A multi-millionaire (be it someone with a 'mere' 2 million or mega-millions) spending time on Gopher Hole bragging about his wealth?

Nah. A person who is truly accomplished would not be that insecure.
$2m isn’t that much anymore is all I’m going to say about that! Hope all fans spend some of our hard earned money to support our hard working players!

Top Bottom