WR Corey Crooms Commits to Gophers!

Football is a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, and run with the ball.

If this guy can consistently do the two latter things he will contribute as a receiver!

Experience matters and Crooms has that and fits a need in the offense. There's a learning curve and sometimes even the best athletes have trouble navigating the challenge of moving from the high school level where they likely dominated to a level where they are facing tougher competition week-in and week-out. While experience often doesn't equate with the perceived ceiling of a player, it really does help and can make a team better.

Another underwhelming medium size fish from a small pond 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t catch sharks or whales 🤦🏻‍♂️
I assume you are a CEO of a Fortune 100 Company. And own a fleet of Bentleys and Rolls Royce Silver Shadows. You must own a 30,000 sq. ft. second home in the Hamptons, yes? If not, I am truly sorry for how you must dislike yourself yourself for being a mere "medium-sized fish in a small pond"--i.e., in your world view, a failure. But take hope. Even though you (and perhaps your spouse) are thoroughly disappointed with your own failure to land sharks and whales in life, I still think you are good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, that people like you.

I assume you are a CEO of a Fortune 100 Company. And own a fleet of Bentleys and Rolls Royce Silver Shadows. You must own a 30,000 sq. ft. second home in the Hamptons, yes? If not, I am truly sorry for how you must dislike yourself yourself for being a mere "medium-sized fish in a small pond"--i.e., in your world view, a failure. But take hope. Even though you (and perhaps your spouse) are thoroughly disappointed with your own failure to land sharks and whales in life, I still think you are good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, that people like you.
You assumed fairly accurate. Impressed.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Lamborghini Aventador Roadster SV ✔️
Bentley Continental Sport ✔️
Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️
2024 Lamborghini Aventador replacement on order

Multiple properties added up to maybe 30,000 sq ft?

My turn! You must be a “grandpa”?

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

You could sell a couple cars and buy a couple 4 star players. That's how it works now. Make it happen.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

LOL! Anyone could write up a post like this. You probably never be a grandpa as no person would want to be married to you with your takes. You've got issues posting one negative post after another on various threads.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

This reads like that guy who had the 350,000 a year wife, who sent his kids to private school, while constantly ripping on private schools.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

Yes, I’m a grandpa! You also assumed correctly, though my name is certainly a clue. Congratulations on your bounteous consumption! Beats me.

LOL! Anyone could write up a post like this. You probably never be a grandpa as no person would want to be married to you with your takes. You've got issues posting one negative post after another on various threads.
I think this forum and guessing “grandpa” is just playing the best odds ;)

Another underwhelming medium size fish from a small pond 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t catch sharks or whales 🤦🏻‍♂️
Crooms is a big time addition not a "medium size fish", he was second team All MAC. Having back to back years of 750+ yards and 5+ TD's at the FBS level is really good.

Crooms is the caliber of player that could have pushed us over the top from West contenders to West favorites last year. He is a difference maker, not just a contributor.

Crooms is a big time addition not a "medium size fish", he was second team All MAC. Having back to back years of 750+ yards and 5+ TD's at the FBS level is really good.

Crooms is the caliber of player that could have pushed us over the top from West contenders to West favorites last year. He is a difference maker, not just a contributor.

Just think about all the passes to the slot in key moments this year that slipped through hands or bounced off chests, sometimes into defenders arms. Just think about what could have been.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

Honest question, which do you like more?

If I had the embarrassment of riches that Yah-E has, instead of complaining about Gopher recruiting, I would offer several million a year in NIL money to top Gopher recruiting targets, so that we could bag some of those transfer portal “sharks and whales” that Yah-E wants. Instead of wasting his excess millions on self-centered conspicuous consumption (a term coined by Minnesota’s own economist-polymath Thorstein Veblen), Yah-E should create some social good with his money, becoming the big-bucks NIL funder that the Gophers need. It’s a win-win. If you have the excess millions Yah-E has, and you refuse to help the Gophers succeed in a vicious NIL environment, you really have no standing to bitch about recruiting results that don’t please you.

If I had the embarrassment of riches that Yah-E has, instead of complaining about Gopher recruiting, I would offer several million a year in NIL money to top Gopher recruiting targets, so that we could bag some of those transfer portal “sharks and whales” that Yah-E wants. Instead of wasting his excess millions on self-centered conspicuous consumption (a term coined by Minnesota’s own economist-polymath Thorstein Veblen), Yah-E should create some social good with his money, becoming the big-bucks NIL funder that the Gophers need. It’s a win-win. If you have the excess millions Yah-E has, and you refuse to help the Gophers succeed in a vicious NIL environment, you really have no standing to bitch about recruiting results that don’t please you.
couldn't agree more

That’s assuming he’s not lying about his fortune. He’s not sure what a preMadonna or primmadona or however you spell that word is. Hard to believe someone that clueless on s simple common word could be that successful but hey 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Or he has help and that is why he is mad

That’s assuming he’s not lying about his fortune. He’s not sure what a preMadonna or primmadona or however you spell that word is. Hard to believe someone that clueless on s simple common word could be that successful but hey 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt--whoever he is. I'll take his word that he is super-duper rich. He just needs to stop whining and step up. Top recruits follow the money; Yah-E has the money. Connect the dots, please, Mr. Yah-E.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt--whoever he is. I'll take his word that he is super-duper rich. He just needs to stop whining and step up. Top recruits follow the money; Yah-E has the money. Connect the dots, please, Mr. Yah-E.

I'm guessing a cool mil or two could buy a five-star defensive lineman. That would be nice Mr. Yah-E.

CEO of my own company ✔️

Rolls Royce Wrath ✔️

Probably didn't think this post all the way through.

Or he has help and that is why he is mad
@Cedar Rapids Gopher knows what’s up. 😉

Some of you on here had suspected that I am an active donor in supporting our football program. Don’t get free swags, special football event invites, personalized letters and cards because I look good! C’mon!

I am irritated because I’ve dumped money into this program and all we get are MAC players and loses to ILL and Purdue! It’s like investing in bad stocks! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Some have said that the lack of return might be the Achilles' heel of the NIL process.

@Cedar Rapids Gopher knows what’s up. 😉

Some of you on here had suspected that I am an active donor in supporting our football program. Don’t get free swags, special football event invites, personalized letters and cards because I look good! C’mon!

I am irritated because I’ve dumped money into this program and all we get are MAC players and loses to ILL and Purdue! It’s like investing in bad stocks! 🤦🏻‍♂️
Really GOOD MAC players that are worthy of the jump up and are ready to plug and play.

Some have said that the lack of return might be the Achilles' heel of the NIL process.
Exactly! Why will I dump $thousands into NIL collectives when all we get are Ls

We win, I’ll donate more
Fleck gets us a 12-0 season we go to the Championship game….NIL collectives will be booming! Not going to get to 12-0 with MAC players!

He pays for wins, apparently.

Top Bottom