Would you rather

"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?" Yes or no BADGER?

You have been asked multiple times to simply answer the question, and you refuse!!!!!!!!!!

A COWARD will not answer a simple question nor accept responsibility for their own words. YOU, BADGER, made it a POINT to say HOW OFTEN MN has been to ncaa or finished 5th, when NO ONE asked about it.

Fraud, COWARD, LIAR = BADGER.

Stalker? Nope, simply pointing out your lies and cowardice one post at a time.......
None of it was a lie. Rarely do either. Quit lying you Coward.

If we didn't discover a scandal and got to the Sweet 16...whoa baby!!!
(Note to SJGopher...I mighta got this right?)

None of it was a lie. Rarely do either. Quit lying you Coward.
"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?" Yes or no BADGER?

You have been asked multiple times to simply answer the question, and you refuse!!!!!!!!!!

A COWARD will not answer a simple question nor accept responsibility for their own words. YOU, BADGER, made it a POINT to say HOW OFTEN MN has been to ncaa or finished 5th, when NO ONE asked about it.

Stalker? Nope, simply pointing out your lies and cowardice one post at a time.......

Yes or no BADGER.

Yes or no BADGER.
I could really go without this back and forth. This is a very childlike conversation. I personally couldn’t care less who either of you cheer for. I’m here for gopher news and fortunately my brain can filter out the stuff I don’t care about.

I could really go without this back and forth. This is a very childlike conversation. I personally couldn’t care less who either of you cheer for. I’m here for gopher news and fortunately my brain can filter out the stuff I don’t care about.
Thank you for your input. Accountability for BADGER.

In principal I agree with the strong Big Ten season. But, short of a Big Ten championship, I think you take the Sweet 16 every time.

What teams do you remember the most? The 1989 and 1990 teams are legendary.

Does anyone really remember the 2017 team (4th place in B1G) the way we do those Clem teams of 89 and 90? Nope.

Yes or no BADGER.
Your asking a question that does not need a answer. People post things all the time carry opinion surrounding their answer. Sweet 16 over 5th. We rarely do either. Your not the moderator, your not the judge of other people and their opinions. Your not the president of some mythical fan card club to determine who cheers for who and what that qualifies them for. No one asks a specific question all the time and gets answers pertaining only in a narrow vein. For example, there are questions and comments about about the offense and someone offers that the larger problem is the defense. Many posters enjoy the healthy back and forth, the exchange of ideas and information. Your more about personal attacks you have made up over my handle or my enormous respect for coaches and programs who have risen from mediocrity to elite. It has been 70 plus years in and around the game in a professional involvement capacity, officially and unofficially as a participant and or advisor. For the sake of the board i will simply not respond to you. Pretend and attack all you want. If that is how you spend your time and how you conduct yourself so be it.

In principal I agree with the strong Big Ten season. But, short of a Big Ten championship, I think you take the Sweet 16 every time.

What teams do you remember the most? The 1989 and 1990 teams are legendary.

Does anyone really remember the 2017 team (4th place in B1G) the way we do those Clem teams of 89 and 90? Nope.
Agree but more often than not the better conference seasons teams have the better team they are and thus the better tourney they have. Look at Clem's season by season. In other words they generally go together. 4 th or 5th means they are a sweet 16 type team, it only takes two wins to get there ! So true about the conference title though. Players and coaches talk about that as the first goal. They celebrate that like crazy when they win it. As competitors they know the long grind of hard work, away games and amount of winning that it took.

The question can't be answered without answering the question underneath the question:

are you asking in the sense of "what would be better for building up the Gophers program longer-term", or are you trying to ask the OP question while ignoring this underlying fundamental? (I suspect the latter)

As others have already explained, success in the Big Ten would probably be much better for us longer-term.

If you ignore that, then Sweet Sixteen would obviously be a more exciting way to finish the year, assuming that a run in the Big Ten tourny was not on the table. (that part you left out, perhaps on purpose)

Your asking a question that does not need a answer. People post things all the time carry opinion surrounding their answer. Sweet 16 over 5th. We rarely do either. Your not the moderator, your not the judge of other people and their opinions. Your not the president of some mythical fan card club to determine who cheers for who and what that qualifies them for. No one asks a specific question all the time and gets answers pertaining only in a narrow vein. For example, there are questions and comments about about the offense and someone offers that the larger problem is the defense. Many posters enjoy the healthy back and forth, the exchange of ideas and information. Your more about personal attacks you have made up over my handle or my enormous respect for coaches and programs who have risen from mediocrity to elite. It has been 70 plus years in and around the game in a professional involvement capacity, officially and unofficially as a participant and or advisor. For the sake of the board i will simply not respond to you. Pretend and attack all you want. If that is how you spend your time and how you conduct yourself so be it.
YOU wont answer BADGER. It is really sad you cant admit you take potshots, such as this, at MN bb program. And this is how YOU conduct YOURSELF.

Doesn't need an answer because it proves my point. Thank you BADGER. Why wont you answer yes or no? Simple, yet so hard for those that are dishonest.

Your potshots will continue to be outed.

I never understand the fans that would prefer a crappy regular season and a flash in the pan tourney run. I do remember the 2017 4th place finish just as fondly as the Clem tourney teams. I loved the 82 B1G championship team even though they had an early exit from the tourney. I remember Clem’s teams as being maddeningly mediocre. Sure, I loved the tourney runs, but they felt like shocking upsets that you knew were going to flame out eventually...and they did. Academic scandal aside, I loved the 97 conference championship just as much as the final four appearance. But they were obviously linked. The 97 final four run took some epic battles, but I never felt like we were a clear underdog against Clemson or UCLA. We won the battle of the big dogs because we were one (with the conference championship to prove it). So the original post not a realistic choice. I’d rather have a team capable of being 4th or better in the B1G—because they would be a team good enough to make a tourney run. As far as recruits, are you foolish enough to think they ignore conference records and only look at tourney success? Do you believe that WI doesn’t tout the run of top 4 finishes to recruits? Just build a good team. Then you get both.

I never understand the fans that would prefer a crappy regular season and a flash in the pan tourney run. I do remember the 2017 4th place finish just as fondly as the Clem tourney teams.

We are probably arguing semantics on what defines a "crappy season."

I would offer that I don't think any season that ends with an NCAA berth as a crappy season. Getting into the NCAA Tourney means you accomplished enough during the regular year to warrant entry into the Big Dance and it certainly doesn't mean you finished last in the Big Ten. So I think there would have been some success in the regular season. So, with that as a backdrop, I would take a nice tourney run with a 6th place team over a quick exit from say a 3rd place team. I just don't see enough of an upside from 6th to 3rd to simply dismiss a Sweet 16 run. And, I would likely remember that 6th place Sweet 16 more fondly than the 3rd place 1st/2nd round loss team.

Regular season Big Ten championship? Then all bets are off, I take that over Sweet 16 for sure. BTW, Clem's teams that went Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in 89 and 90 finished 5th and 4th, respectively. So, they weren't crappy teams.

Top Bottom