Reaction score
Finish 10th in big ten
Sneak into NCAA tourney as an 11 or 12
Sweet 16

Or

Finish 5th in the big ten.
Get a 4 seed in the tourney and lose in the second round in a 4-5 game

Just curious what people value

I’d rather have a good BignTen season than a good NCAA tournament.
I kind of agree with you.
A good big ten season gives me way more hope for the future. In the moment I might go a different direction though

Finish 10th in big ten
Sweet 16

Or

Especially with the depth this year in the B1G, I'll take conference record. Be very few years I'd think differently though. I want to win games in the season.

I kind of agree with you.
A good big ten season gives me way more hope for the future. In the moment I might go a different direction though
Agree with your agreement. A good B1G season indicates Pitino and company did a good job coaching the team and bodes well for the future. Any team can shoot hot for a game or two to make a Sweet 16.

Good Big Ten season. Shows we're competing well against our rivals. Anything can happen in the NCAA tourney but if we're getting there and have done well I think it leaves a more lasting impression.

Especially with the depth this year in the B1G, I'll take conference record. Be very few years I'd think differently though. I want to win games in the season.
I’m not talking about this year. Just any generic year

I'd go with getting a sweet 16 birth. You can sell that to recruits more than you can a 5th place Big Ten finish and we definitely need to show people you can have post-season success to build a sustainable model long term. Now if you were saying Co Big Ten champs or something like that versus sweet 16, that may be different.

Finish 10th in big ten
Sweet 16

Or

B every time.

B every time.

What if it's like last year, only 2 Conference wins separated the 5th place Big 10 team and the 10th place? That may be an outlier, but with imbalanced 20 game conference slates it's certainly possible to Finish 10th and be .500.

In general I would take a better regular season, but if it's beyond a Top 3 finish I will take the better performance in the NCAA Tourney if the options are the ones in the OP.

Sweet 16 easy. That week leading up to the tourney is always so fun to dream of "well we are one of 68 who could do it!" If you give me another week of "well there are only 16 and we are one of them!" it would be worth it. I was born in the late 80's, in my 30+ years of life i remember going to the sweet 16 ONCE (sorry 1990 dont remember that) ! That seems a bit crazy to think that but its what it is so give me the second weekend of the tourney.

Sweet Sixteen. 18-19 was a lot of fun just getting to round of 32.

Good question.

If option two comes with big wins against WI, I'll take option B.
If option A comes with finishing worse in conference than WI, I'll take option B.
Now if everything is equal, I think I still take option B. . . but it's close.

Coward , liar. Just information, not a potshot.
Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?

Nope. BADGER had to take his shots at the Mn program and not simply state preference.
Lying fraud badger.

Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?

Nope. BADGER had to take his shots at the Mn program and not simply state preference.
Lying fraud badger.
Already stated preference Coward, Liar

Already stated preference Coward, Liar
"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?"

NOPE. YOU had to take your potshot, BADGER. NOW you openly LIE about it!!!!

BADGER = NOT a GOPHER FAN.

"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?"

NOPE. YOU had to take your potshot, BADGER. NOW you openly LIE about it!!!!

BADGER = NOT a GOPHER FAN.
Already had stated my preference. Offer opinions and insight , often without a question. Happens on a open sports forum. Not a fan of UW. Your lying again. You must really be insecure to stalk someone on a message board. Quit Lying

"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?" Yes or no BADGER?

You are lying flat out. Proven above. Answer the question fraud.

Already answered sweet 16 instead of 5th. Pointed out how rare it is for us to do either. Your lying about me being a UW fan. Never cheer for them when they play us. A Coward can not face the truth. Your always stalking me. You can rip Pitino and not call it a pot shot but i state records and you call it a pot shot.

Already answered sweet 16 instead of 5th. Pointed out how rare it is for us to do either. Your lying about me being a UW fan. Never cheer for them when they play us. A Coward can not face the truth. Your always stalking me. You can rip Pitino and not call it a pot shot but i state records and you call it a pot shot.
"Did anyone request how often a 5th place finish or ncaa happen at Mn?" Yes or no BADGER?

You have been asked multiple times to simply answer the question, and you refuse!!!!!!!!!!

A COWARD will not answer a simple question nor accept responsibility for their own words. YOU, BADGER, made it a POINT to say HOW OFTEN MN has been to ncaa or finished 5th, when NO ONE asked about it.

Fraud, COWARD, LIAR = BADGER.

Stalker? Nope, simply pointing out your lies and cowardice one post at a time.......

Top Bottom