Wisconsin football

I have to say as a Viking fan, I enjoyed the Packers loss Sunday more than any Minnesota victory this past season except maybe the one against the Cowboys.

The 49ers owned the Packers, game over by halftime. They drank their milkshake.
Even more than the win over the Saints in the playoffs? That was easily their best win all year.

Even more than the win over the Saints in the playoffs? That was easily their best win all year.

I did amend a few posts later, for some reason I had briefly forgot that one. I did enjoy that at least as much as the NFC Title game. Playoff victories are rare and should be savored and I was happy to extend the season, though realistically I did not think it would wind up with a Super Bowl berth.

Tangential question: At what point do you consider people who move to MN from another state for a job or school "Minnesotans"?
I think this question is thread worthy.

"The one college area where Minnesota comes out in front is hockey. Including 1990, both teams have NCAA titles, but the Gophers have more trips to the Frozen Four. Plus in total, including pre-NCAA era, Minnesota has 7 national titles in hockey to Wisconsin's 6. It's still close. "

This is not so clear cut. I'm of the opinion that holding on to the pre NCAA titles to always say 7 > 6 is LAME. They also have a more recent title than us.

Right now, both programs SUCK.
Yeah, completely frustrating Gophs are not currently elite here. Not sure how many years Motzko gets. Feels like they are going backwards. I always see Gophs hockey as "glass half empty" because they should be top 5 year in and year out.

Top Bottom