Wisconsin football

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Lost their 4th straight rose bowl

Lost in the big 10 championship yet again.

The pack lost yet again in an NFC championship.

It's like they just can't get it done in Wisconsin.

Lost their 4th straight rose bowl

Lost in the big 10 championship yet again.

The pack lost yet again in an NFC championship.

It's like they just can't get it done in Wisconsin.

Umm, while I am admittedly pleased with all that... maybe if our teams beat those WII teams this year... I would gloat a little bit. For now, I'll just enjoy their suffering in silence as we don;t have too much to stand on.

0-4 in Super Bowls.
43 years since last Super Bowl appearance.
Losers in last six appearances in conference championship games.

When I see posts like this, or Tweets or whatever, I wonder if they really make people feel better? I felt a sense of relief when it was clear that Green Bay wasn't going to play in the Super Bowl and a sense of relief when Wisconsin lost to Duke in the NCAA championship or when Wisconsin has lost in the Rose Bowl, but I never get the urge to gloat or make jokes about it. I am just angry that Minnesota teams and their fans are not in the position to play in these big games either at all in the case of the Gophers or less frequently in case of the Vikings. I wish there was more anger when the Gophers/Vikings fail (especially Gophers as Vikings fans seem far harder on their team in my experience) and fewer tweaks at the Wisconsin teams that have been more successful. Why not hold the Gophers/Vikings to an expectation of playing in these games instead of constantly being in the position of hoping a Seattle/Denver/San Francisco beats the Packers or an Ohio State/Duke/Oregon beats the Badgers in a big spot?

How do you figure?
The NFL and AFL were not the same league when the Super Bowls were first played. They were the last NFL Champions before the two leagues were merged.

Fuck Wisonsin football. I can't stand that team...but its hard to argue against their success, and this thread is completely ironic coming from a Gopher fan perspective. As a Gopher fan, I am jealous of the Badger's success as a football program. I think PJ is bringing us to that level though, and hopefully beyond.

The NFL and AFL were not the same league when the Super Bowls were first played. They were the last NFL Champions before the two leagues were merged.
Wow, I had no idea we actually had a pro football championship before I was born. Thanks for the history lesson.

When I see posts like this, or Tweets or whatever, I wonder if they really make people feel better? I felt a sense of relief when it was clear that Green Bay wasn't going to play in the Super Bowl and a sense of relief when Wisconsin lost to Duke in the NCAA championship or when Wisconsin has lost in the Rose Bowl, but I never get the urge to gloat or make jokes about it. I am just angry that Minnesota teams and their fans are not in the position to play in these big games either at all in the case of the Gophers or less frequently in case of the Vikings. I wish there was more anger when the Gophers/Vikings fail (especially Gophers as Vikings fans seem far harder on their team in my experience) and fewer tweaks at the Wisconsin teams that have been more successful. Why not hold the Gophers/Vikings to an expectation of playing in these games instead of constantly being in the position of hoping a Seattle/Denver/San Francisco beats the Packers or an Ohio State/Duke/Oregon beats the Badgers in a big spot?

I often wonder how anyone living in MN cares about the Vikings one way or the other. What connection is there between that job and this state or the people who live here? What is MN about the business called the Vikings?

I often wonder how anyone living in MN cares about the Vikings one way or the other. What connection is there between that job and this state or the people who live here? What is MN about the business called the Vikings?
Please explain.

Why are there multiple threads on the first page of GH about the Badgers? I think there is plenty to talk about with the Gophers this off season we don't need to talk about Wisconsin.

Why are there multiple threads on the first page of GH about the Badgers? I think there is plenty to talk about with the Gophers this off season we don't need to talk about Wisconsin.
Exactly. I respect their teams, but feel no need to worry over them. Lame IMO.

Please explain.

There is nothing about that business that has anything to do with MN other than that they happen to play half their games here. They are not from here, do not live here, are not owned here, will not retire here, etc. It is as if a particular circus comes to town for eight or nine performances each year. When people say "our Vikings" I do not understand what they mean by that. Notice that the NFL has even stopped calling teams by anything other than their legal name "the Vikings", not "the Minnesota Vikings".

There is nothing about that business that has anything to do with MN other than that they happen to play half their games here. They are not from here, do not live here, are not owned here, will not retire here, etc. It is as if a particular circus comes to town for eight or nine performances each year. When people say "our Vikings" I do not understand what they mean by that. Notice that the NFL has even stopped calling teams by anything other than their legal name "the Vikings", not "the Minnesota Vikings".
I see. So, in your mind, the same goes for all the other pro sports teams here as well?

So, even though NFL.com shows this, you think they don't call them the Minnesota Vikings?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-151200.png
    Screenshot_20200120-151200.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 9

Some are from here, many of them live here, the owners pay taxes here, and many former Vikings have retired here.

I thought it was only about championships, and they just aren't getting it done over there.

Top Bottom