Will Minnesota Beat Wisconsin?

Will Minnesota Beat Wisconsin and End the 11 Year Streak?

• Yes, Minnesota will beat Wisconsin.

Votes: 56 52.3%
  • No, Wisconsin will beat Minnesota.

Votes: 51 47.7%

• Total voters

Mr. Gopher

Reaction score
With the season half over, do you think that this is the year that the Gophers end the 11-year streak (second longest in-conference streak in the Big Ten) on November 28th?

Certainly possible, if not probable. Won't be easy - weather may be a factor. Gophers will be underdogs.

Yes....someday

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There is no reason to think that's a likely win at this point.

There are five more weekends of football to be played before 11/28. Who knows what will happen in the interim.

Right now?? I would put money on Wisky.

There is no reason to think that's a likely win at this point.

as there is no reason to think it is a likely loss. It too early to tell. three weeks ago Northwestern was headed for the national championship.

After the TCU game, even with the loss, I thought the Gophers would beat the Badgers, maybe by a good margin. Now, I think it is a toss up! :banghead:

If i was a betting man, I'd bet the farm on Becky.

The way the season has played out thus far...No, bucky will win again. Hoping we can turn things around by then and the Gophers can beat up on 'em.

Need to beat Wisconsin and/or Iowa in the worst way. We are crawling back to respectability and if we want to be regularly considered a contender for the B1G west we need to win games against the top half of the West. Being considered a contender doesn't help you win games, but it does help you recruit IMO, and the off season is a lot longer than the real season from a recruiting standpoint. If we can at least salvage a win against Iowa, Wisconsin or both it will change the conversation for the better in the off season.

I don't think we are better than either of those teams at the moment, but i do think we have the potential to play better than at least one of them that day and beat them.

I really think having the Badger-Gopher game as the last game of the season can really minimize any talent gaps between the teams. Not saying the badgers are vastly more talented than the gophs, but I do think late season weather in MN can and will play a role.

I think the Badgers will be favored in this one by around 7 points, but think it will be a very close, lower scoring game. I could see the gophs winning this one.

I really think having the Badger-Gopher game as the last game of the season can really minimize any talent gaps between the teams. Not saying the badgers are vastly more talented than the gophs, but I do think late season weather in MN can and will play a role.

I think the Badgers will be favored in this one by around 7 points, but think it will be a very close, lower scoring game. I could see the gophs winning this one.

Reasonable. Are you really a Badger fan? :confused:

Reasonable. Are you really a Badger fan? :confused:

Ha! Yes, and that's why I chose my username because I don't like trolls who pretend to be gopher fans but are really just rival fans trying to stir up the negativity.

Looking forward to the last game of the year. Pretty worried that this is the year the streak ends, but think the rivalry will grow even more intense with a Gopher victory this year.

Thanks for reminding us again your opinion of the QB situation. Posting it 10 times a day isn't enough.

But he has gotten more efficient in doing it. In the spirit of efficiency I say go %&$# wait!what?

We just lost by 23 at home to Nebraska.

Wisky beat Nebraska on the road the previous week.

Anything can happen, but it's not looking good right now.

I'm worried we won't have any DBs or LBs at that point in the season. Will be tough to win with only 5 guys playing defense.

Do I want the Gophers to Win? Yes.
Do I think they can win - at this point, No.

This year's team is just really hard to figure out. There are times when they show a lot of promise, and there are times when they look like it's the first day of practice. If they play WI the way they did against Purdue, they've got a shot to win. If they play WI the way they did against Neb or N'western, they've got no shot - unless Bucky completely self-destructs. (a pleasant thought.....)

I don't know if could handle another loss to WI. The unprecedented losing streak is obviously bad but was spread across three coaches. But to go 0-5 against your principle rival is unacceptable, especially when three of the five are at home. I don't see us winning next year in Madison, so this has to be the year. This isn't the Badger team of prior years. They have a new coach; we have an award-winning coach in his fifth year. I can handle taking a step backwards overall this year because I see the broader trend with Coach Kill -- three steps forward, one step back. But I just couldn't tolerate losing to WI again. We NEED to beat WI this year, if for nothing more than my mental health.

This is pathetic.

mnwi_zpsl3p2rmif.jpg

It will depend on which team is more beat up. Becky gets Clements back which is a big plus. Starve is a better passer, but if we can sack Prince Valient a couple of time he starts hearing footsteps. At the beginning of the year I thought we would get the ax back. Now I give us a 50/50 chance.

I'd say it's probably a 60-40 game in favor of becky. Does that mean we can't win? Not at all. Get a couple of bounces, particularly win the turnover battle and we certainly can win. The biggest thing is I hope they haven't figured out their Oline because its a mess right now.

Thanks for reminding us again your opinion of the QB situation. Posting it 10 times a day isn't enough.

+1.

These oft repeated posts would be better suited for the Star Tribune reader comment blogs....

I'd say it's probably a 60-40 game in favor of becky.

I looked at ESPN's power indexes the other day and, at that time, they gave Minnesota about a 27% chance of winning that game as I remember (that was well above their probabilities of winning any of the next three games). Winning two of the next four games would likely improve that computed probability substantially.

Simply No. Nothing we have seen from either team would lead me to believe that Minnesota can win. The Nebraska evidence is a little overwhelming

Top Bottom