Why do we persist in supporting Jerry Kill as head football coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say one thing to you 'oneoldgopher'....you are an IDIOT !

This is spot on. If you didn't know any better, you'd say that Brewster was still coaching this team. Same coachable mistakes -- two bad hand to the face pentalites tonight, constant offsides and false starts, two illegal formations last week, poor tackling. The end of the first half was unforgivable. Two inferior teams come in here and look like they gave Tom Brady a scholarship.

No, it's not time to turn on Kill. But what we're seeing is not simply a lack of talent.

+1

Optimism is a great value except when trying to make rational decisions. Calling people trolls for differing in opinion is not respectable for free citizens to engage in civil discourse. Since I am the guy being quoted above, what should I do, repent of my non sinful ways? I don't cuss like Kill. I don't lose like Kill! I won't put money into teaching athletes how to lose in so many creative ways, old school or not. The new school of business is based on one thing: does it work? If it doesn't, it gets tossed out. That is how evolutionary our culture has been for all these many years. Hanging around with supporters of losers only begets more losers who accept agony as a way of life. It is damn Un-American to support old tech, crap technology as it is to support crap for DI ball.

I don't want nary a dime to be given to this fat group of coaches who don't have the common sense to speak standard English and not sound out words like Tour as if it were monosyllabic and was pronounced "tr", with no vocalization of the two sounded vowels it contains. Kill admits to being a C student in college, and it shows. He is a lousy spokes person for the U. His mid-seizure rants at press briefings should be suppressed by the University. His lack of matriculation shows in how he instructs the football team and what theories he misapplies in his leadership communication in both andragogy and pedagogy. The more I see of Kill, the less I think he fits the U culture. He doesn't coach or train, he rants and runs at like a prancing baboon trying to play alpha male over his players during practices. What next, throwing feces against another troop of baboons? I have already passed on my recruiting judgement that he can't find and recruit the most appropriate kids for his system (system?) Now we have to endure this for even more years.

So what are you advocating with this post? That he should be fired after 4 games?

I saw a report a while back that each time a coach is fired and a new coach is hired it sets a program back on average 4 years.

So are you saying you want to get rid of Kill and start all over again? And hope the next guy works? Please, oh please, tell me what coach worth a damn is going to come to a University with a new president, and a faltering AD that just fired a coach after 4 games.

So, please tell me how firing a coach after 4 games helps the program at all?

With all of that said Kill isn't going anywhere for a few years. So if you're done with him, I have one thing to say, BYE!

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again. We didn't lose because of talent, we lost because they made the plays and we didn't. We turned the ball over, they didn't. They are a fundamentally sound team. They do the little things right more consistently than we do.

The 95 yard drive was a thing of beauty. There was no way NDSU d was going to stop our offense. The OL just dominated their DL. I think we could have done that all night, except we made too many mistakes. Penalties, turnovers, and just missed assignments killed us.

No we don't have great talent, but we have a lot more than what we saw last night.

Let me help.

razor-suicide.jpg
Are we posting funny images?

LC4xN.jpg

Don't feed trolls and real fans never give up on their team or coach. I wish had a Kill button on this board so that anytime a poser says, "Im done I am no longer supporting this team, coach, blah, blah, blah" we could all just vote you off the island.

I am an optimist...and I will wear my maroon colored glasses proudly. If Kill isn't the answer, then we will hire another, eventually Maturi will retire, get fired or die...whatever it takes he will be gone and Prexy K will not hire another one like him...cus he likes winning football. Did any of you see Prexy K down on the field before the game hugging Kill? Prexy K is a football fan and knows that the money football makes the isn't quantified in tickets, its quantified in donations and brand recognition.

+1

Go suck a bag full of dicks.

And fix you're f#cking sig line, unless you're too much of an idiot to understand what's wrong.

I respect Smokey Joe Salem for his playing time and his time coaching at the U. I call him Smokin Joe because a couple of his less than stellar transfers came in and smoked pot next door to me and I personally called the police to save certain other neighbors from getting beat up during several drugged up nights. The "F#ing" tag line stays. In so many ways your an idiot for not knowing why I do things. Instead of being curious and sending me a note, you take it upon yourself to jump to conclusions. Congratulations on being a member of the stupid majority. It must make your family proud that you have single handedly resurrect a dead party for no other reason than your fine representation of it's name -- the Know Nothing Party.

As for needing a thesaurus, I have no apologies for using the entire span of the English language.

Jerry Kill did the most reasonable thing he needed to do and that is seek further medical treatment at Mayo Clinic. Smartest thing he has done all week. I thank God he did that. His next smartest move would be to quit acting like an indiscriminate animal and start showing some real class in how he represents MY university. He ought to act like he has actually attended a University and learned how to speak as well as to think.This isn't that hard folks. It is quite reasonable at so many levels. Just because the football culture firebrands think it is acceptable, does not make it part of the Minnesota brand.

I respect Smokey Joe Salem for his playing time and his time coaching at the U. I call him Smokin Joe because a couple of his less than stellar transfers came in and smoked pot next door to me and I personally called the police to save certain other neighbors from getting beat up during several drugged up nights. The "F#ing" tag line stays. In so many ways your an idiot for not knowing why I do things. Instead of being curious and sending me a note, you take it upon yourself to jump to conclusions. Congratulations on being a member of the stupid majority. It must make your family proud that you have single handedly resurrect a dead party for no other reason than your fine representation of it's name -- the Know Nothing Party.

As for needing a thesaurus, I have no apologies for using the entire span of the English language.

Jerry Kill did the most reasonable thing he needed to do and that is seek further medical treatment at Mayo Clinic. Smartest thing he has done all week. I thank God he did that. His next smartest move would be to quit acting like an indiscriminate animal and start showing some real class in how he represents MY university. He ought to act like he has actually attended a University and learned how to speak as well as to think.This isn't that hard folks. It is quite reasonable at so many levels. Just because the football culture firebrands think it is acceptable, does not make it part of the Minnesota brand.

I haven't been around all that long but I tire of you quickly. You've already wrapped up lame-post-of-the-year and now you've earned lame-thread-of-the-year. I expect you have a hat-trick in you.

Every team has bad games, and a bad team with a new coach and staff will have more than others. No surprise here. If you're not a part of the solution you're a part of the problem, and you are not a part of the solution.

Oneoldgopher, you embarrass YOUR university. I hope for you to go away again or get banned. Kill represents OUR university with an extreme amount of class. IF you can't see that because you get caught up in the "dangs," then you are worse off than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom