Why do we persist in supporting Jerry Kill as head football coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneoldgopher

Reaction score
Of the 95% who support Kill as the next fearless leader, I offer this to you, you guys have lousy judgement. The other 5% have already checked out the net, which is not a reference to the internet. So how long does he last?

Seriously? After 4 games? With Brewsters players? I didn't like the Brewster hire because he was an unproven candidate with ZERO Head Coaching experience but Kill has a history of being a good coach, big difference... give him time...

This age of instant gratification sucks...

Have you researched him at all? He never has instant success, which isn't a bad thing

Oneoldgopher: You're senile & clueless. Lethal combo.

Dumbest thread ever.

Barry Alvarez posted a one-win season in his first year. In fairness, so did Brewster. But you can't make any intelligent judgments based on a first season.

Kill has inherited a team that lost to South Dakota last year. This team has more freshmen on it than juniors and seniors combined. If these first four games make one thing abundantly obvious, it's that NOBODY could win coaching this squad. If we're still losing games like this three years down the road, then you can start talking.

I love kill but we've lost to two cupcakes already and what's worse we've looked sloppy doing it. This team has looked worse than we have either of the past 2 or 3 pathetic seasons. I am not impressed so far.

I am a Kill supporter, but I never thought that the rebuilding process was as big as I thought it was going to be. Kill said this at the beginning of year before Spring Ball that this rebuild was going to be similar to his job at Southern Illinois and I thought that he was just trying to keep the bar pretty low so that he could jump it. It is sad to say that he was right on the money. This is going to be a very long season.

Don't post here often and I thought that Brewster, as a cheap hire, was a worthwhile risk at the time. I was wrong. Kill, in terms of what they are paying him (about a million), is another cheap hire. We were all led to believe that there might not be a lot of wins the first year but that he would run a tight operation. During the first half of the USC game the corners were 15 yards off of the USC wideouts and I kept waiting for the adjustment. It didn't come until halftime and it cost them the game. This team makes the same dumb mistakes that Gopher teams have made for decades and the players have the same relatively big bellies. It's ok that it's not a talented team. It's not ok that the players are out of shape and that there's a lack of discipline on the field.

I love kill but we've lost to two cupcakes already and what's worse we've looked sloppy doing it. This team has looked worse than we have either of the past 2 or 3 pathetic seasons. I am not impressed so far.

+1

I wish we could sue Brewster for fraudulent recruiting and for utterly and completely destroying a semi-respectable program.

FIRE MATURI!

Coach Kill is a terrific teaching coach that will take the gophers to a higher level. He inherited a very bad team, he had no time to recruit and that means we will struggle this year. Go Gophers!

It's going to be a long season. Coach Kill burned a number of redshirts for a reason. It will be a long season... the only silver lining will be that hopefully some of our younger players will show potential and get the chance to rack on on-field experience to better prepare for the seasons to come.

Blah, blah, blah

Why do you persist to post here after telling many times that you are "done with us"?

And please tell us who "Smokin" Joe Salem is? I've asked you this many times and have yet to hear from you.

give it time people. I was saying all week long we would lose this game, this was a far better team than Miami (OH) and NMSU were and most of you were oblivious to that. Combine that with the absolutely TERRIBLE defensive effort and it was a sure loss. I just can't believe so many of you expected more than 3 or 4 wins this season. I'm pretty sure Kill said back in March that 3 wins was the realistic expectations for this team, and I still think he is right. I think they'll win 2 Big Ten games, Purdue and an upset on someone else.

Come on now... let's have a little patience. It's difficult to properly prepare your team when you're stuck in a hospital, having seizures and generally feeling like hell. One of these years maybe he'll be healthy for a full season and this team can win him his very first bowl game ever.

Come on now... let's have a little patience. It's difficult to properly prepare your team when you're stuck in a hospital, having seizures and generally feeling like hell. One of these years maybe he'll be healthy for a full season and this team can win him his very first bowl game ever.
You do realize that Kill's seizure happened 2 weeks ago, right?

He had plenty of time to get the guys ready for today, ESPECIALLY since we won last week.

Same story

Bad penalties and getting off the field on third down. It's been that way for twenty years, no matter who the coach is

You do realize that Kill's seizure happened 2 weeks ago, right?

He had plenty of time to get the guys ready for today, ESPECIALLY since we won last week.

Had nothing to do with Kill. Like Mason said on TV, NDSU was using a completely different offense than they used during their first two games. That's what having a bye week before a game like this can do for you. The defense wasn't ready for it. Still no excuse, though. Claeys has to get much better with making adjustments on the fly, he waits far too long.

Nothing but sarcasm for the new, instant gratification, internet crowd. Coach will turn this around in spite of the negative fan base. Now go watch the super bowl win less Vikings get kicked by the Lions tomorrow and let Coach Kill do his job for another year or 2.

Coach Kill is a terrific teaching coach that will take the gophers to a higher level. He inherited a very bad team, he had no time to recruit and that means we will struggle this year. Go Gophers!

Struggle? That's being really really kind.

Color me unimpressed with Kill thru 4 weeks. This team isn't losing because of lack of talent. They're losing because of a lack of effort and mental toughness and to say otherwise is complete hogwash. Kill may end up turning it around but right now it looks like another cheap hire from this vantage point. Nice guy though, something people didn't say about Brewster.

That was embarrassing tonight. NMST was the mulligan. NDSU was the honeymoon killer. Kill's job just got infinitely harder losing to 2 obviously inferior teams when the reasons for the losses were effort and mental toughness.

Nothing but sarcasm for the new, instant gratification, internet crowd. Coach will turn this around in spite of the negative fan base. Now go watch the super bowl win less Vikings get kicked by the Lions tomorrow and let Coach Kill do his job for another year or 2.

Your Badgers shirt is on express order, should be there Monday by noon.

You lose a game in this fashion and I'm sorry, but benefit of doubt is gone. I'm no longer a blind believer in Jerry. I've seen nothing so far that convinces me 100% we have our guy. He'll have to prove it.

give it time people. I was saying all week long we would lose this game, this was a far better team than Miami (OH) and NMSU were and most of you were oblivious to that. Combine that with the absolutely TERRIBLE defensive effort and it was a sure loss. I just can't believe so many of you expected more than 3 or 4 wins this season. I'm pretty sure Kill said back in March that 3 wins was the realistic expectations for this team, and I still think he is right. I think they'll win 2 Big Ten games, Purdue and an upset on someone else.

Ditto.

Kill has burn a few redshirt freshmen including Cobb (today). For good reason. He is building a new foundation for the future with young talent (he has no other choice). Brewster left the cupboard bare. TOO MANY THINGS BROKEN HERE - Porous O-line, Defense, No depth whatsoever, Inexperience QB, Lack of senior leadership, Giving up the big plays, Costly miscues, etc...

We may go 1-11 or even win one or two B1G games this season. Watch out the next two following seasons. The Gophers will be no easy slouches. In Kill We Trust.

Gooooo Gophers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom