Who Will The Next Head Coach To Be Fired?

Who do you think it will be

• Al Golden Miami

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Darrell Hazell Purdue

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kevin Wilson Indiana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bret Bielema Arkansas

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Paul Rhodes Iowa State

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other Specify Who

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe but I think they (Cornholers) really thought they needed to change their image for recruits. Funny thing is, the problem stems from their delusional fans.

On a side note, evidence that their fans are not the (self-proclaimed) greatest in the world and their sell-out record is a farce....

View attachment 3901

This happened a few years back as well when they didn't make a bowl...although the they would deny it. The paper is being kind, I saw pictures from the game and the upper level was 75% empty.

????? Can't read the news clipping.

????? Can't read the news clipping.

My apologies. It basically a blurb from today's OhMyGod (Omaha) World Herald about the number of open sections at yesterday's Cornholers game.

What is your point? Are you saying that Kill should be on the list because we could potentially lose to a few of these teams?

I never said that- - my point is these teams whose coaches are on the hotseat are are not terrible or have had several completely horrible seasons consecutively. With the exception of Rhoads most of them have been in that program for less than five years. I find it interesting than fan bases have different breaking points of what is acceptable or not to be considered successful. Do I think Kill should be on the list --no. Do I think a few teams on the list could beat us --Yes-- Arkansas and Indiana I think would both beat us if we played today.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The names I can think of that "everyone" said the Gophers were going after last time were Hoke, Edsall, Golden and Fedora. Of those Fedora is no longer at his position due to moving to a better place (UNC) and the rest have been canned. You wonder what would have happened here. Would they still be here or would there be another coaching search underway? You never know, just because they didn't work out at their respective homes (other than Fedora) doesn't mean they wouldn't have worked out here, but on the same sense the U might have gotten lucky they all said no.

Surprised the Rutgers coach didn't make the list. If Edsall's seat was hot I figured Flood's would be too.

Mangino was at Iowa State as an OC?

Yep.

Somewhat off-tangent, I heard on Tony Kornheiser's radio show that most likely Steve Spurrier would like to stay in the college football scene. He hated the recruiting aspect (or at least grew to hate it), but Pat Forde said that he'd probably be interested in being a special offensive consultant to a team. So, what do you say we reach out to Spurrier! :)

Yep.

Somewhat off-tangent, I heard on Tony Kornheiser's radio show that most likely Steve Spurrier would like to stay in the college football scene. He hated the recruiting aspect (or at least grew to hate it), but Pat Forde said that he'd probably be interested in being a special offensive consultant to a team. So, what do you say we reach out to Spurrier! :)

He likes golfing too much to move up Nort. Years ago I asked a former coach who he thought could win at Iowa State and his answer was Steve Spurrier.

Top Bottom