Who Will The Next Head Coach To Be Fired?

Who do you think it will be

• Al Golden Miami

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Darrell Hazell Purdue

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kevin Wilson Indiana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bret Bielema Arkansas

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Paul Rhodes Iowa State

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other Specify Who

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

husker70

Reaction score
There are several Head Coaches on The Hot Seat, who will the next coach fired

Mike Riley has to feel some heat on his ass. Cornhole nation doesn't like to lose. The "sellout streak" continues but the upper level seats were 75% empty today.

Mike Riley has to feel some heat on his ass. Cornhole nation doesn't like to lose. The "sellout streak" continues but the upper level seats were 75% empty today.

It's hilarious that this is what happened after Nebraska fired a coach who went seven straight seasons with 9 or 10 wins.

It's hilarious that this is what happened after Nebraska fired a coach who went seven straight seasons with 9 or 10 wins.

So very true...too much pressure to win so Riley is the best they could do.

They are nuts but I don't think they would can a coach after one season. That being said if he doesn't get back to at least the Pelini level of 9 wins next year I could see them sending him packing.

It's got to be Golden. He was a curious fit there to start with.

So very true...too much pressure to win so Riley is the best they could do.

I didn't follow the NE hire at all, but wasn't it done quickly, indicating they were in love with Riley and didn't do an exhaustive search to see who all might be interested?

Iowa State, Indiana and Purdue aren't fixable. Bert gets one more year then he's out. Wilson may get next year.

Iowa State, Indiana and Purdue aren't fixable. Bert gets one more year then he's out. Wilson may get next year.

Based on the last 40 years, couldn't one say the same about Minnesota?

Possible, but they weren't in the poll. Honorable mention didn't seem to be appropriate.

They are nuts but I don't think they would can a coach after one season. That being said if he doesn't get back to at least the Pelini level of 9 wins next year I could see them sending him packing.

If they do fire Riley, which I doubt they will, who would want the job with that short of a leash. Is it Riley's fault he can't win with another coaches players?

I didn't follow the NE hire at all, but wasn't it done quickly, indicating they were in love with Riley and didn't do an exhaustive search to see who all might be interested?

From what I heard around Omaha, he was their third choice. It was quick but I heard they thought he was the best they could get.

expensivebanners.jpg

I think you are right. I just remember on the Husker 247 board everyone being shocked when their insiders posted that Riley was hired and that there would be a post conference soon. They were even 100 posts into their coaching search thread when the announcement was made. Definitely seems like they had their mind made up pretty soon after Bo's firing.

Narduzzi would have been a better choice.

Maybe but I think they (Cornholers) really thought they needed to change their image for recruits. Funny thing is, the problem stems from their delusional fans.

On a side note, evidence that their fans are not the (self-proclaimed) greatest in the world and their sell-out record is a farce....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445792442.498711.jpg

This happened a few years back as well when they didn't make a bowl...although the they would deny it. The paper is being kind, I saw pictures from the game and the upper level was 75% empty.

Maybe but I think they (Cornholers) really thought they needed to change their image for recruits. Funny thing is, the problem stems from their delusional fans.

Funny how that all dominoed so nicely [MR to Nebraska, CGA to OSU and CPC to Wisconsin] isn't it? Almost like it was all planned behind the scenes.

With Al Golden the leader, I am thinking that Butch Davis returning to Miami is what they need.

Looks like we have our answer...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: After 58-0 loss to Clemson, Miami fires Al Golden.

More to come from <a href="https://t.co/CpEDi6m8rL">https://t.co/CpEDi6m8rL</a> <a href="https://t.co/zvBnwk8nX6">pic.twitter.com/zvBnwk8nX6</a></p>— Rivals.com (@Rivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/658411974871552000">October 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom