Who is our #3 most hated team...

mnsports1

Reaction score
#1 Wisconsin is my most "hated" team by far
#2 Iowa
#3 Michigan should be my answer, but I have never felt like we were good enough to be a RIVAL of theirs... who else do we as gopher fans love to hate?

also... if I had to cheer for another team, I have always enjoyed Air Force and Penn State b4 they joined the B10. Who else do you like watching?

Michigan is number three most hated.

I can always cheer for Michigan State.

If the U can put any kind of competent team on the field, it'll be Nebraska before too long.

Ohio State.

I like watching whoever is beating Notre Dame.

I really hate to say this, but it is indicative of where our program is right now; North Dakota.

What other college has LakesBison? What other college fills our stands? What other school do we HAVE to beat?

I know our neighbors consider it their SuperBowl, but the teams from the Dakotas have recently been a real achilles heel for us.

It sucks.

It soon will be Nebraska. For all the same reasons it is currently most fun to beat Wisconsin or Iowa. Just more of their fans around the Twin Cities. Michigan ranks up there with the smugness and the jug though.

Slavery was illegal in Minnesota. There may have been slaves held here, but it was illegal.

I'll rephrase. Any team from any state that had legal slavery in 1860......

Although I will say, great find on the article and BUSTED

As an old history major... I will say that he will get you again. You need to be VERY specific on that one. Why not just say "Any team from an old confederate state"?

You were being excessively literal. It was quite relevant, and you know it.

Nope. I don't settle for people not being clear and concise with their thoughts and statements.

We are on the message board for a team that represents an institution of higher learning, after all.

And as for the question at hand, it has to be Michigan.

In this order,
Nebraska - because of 84-13
Michigan - because of the smug rich kid in front of me in 2003
OSU - because of the player quoted in '90 after the blown 31 point lead who, when asked why they won, said, "we're ohio state, they're Minnesota"

That pretty much rounds out the top five.

As an old history major... I will say that he will get you again. You need to be VERY specific on that one. Why not just say "Any team from an old confederate state"?

ahh... but then what with MO, KY, WV, and MD (slave states that did not join the confederacy when the other 11 seceded?

My dad once told me one of the happiest days of his life was a day Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Notre Dame were all defeated on the same day. OSU, MI, and Ne are tied for third place on my list.

ahh... but then what with MO, KY, WV, and MD (slave states that did not join the confederacy when the other 11 seceded?

Actually, West Virginia did not exist at secession. Also, it was never a slave state, as it was formed expressly for the purpose of removing its counties from Virginia and its pro-slavery stance.

It's Michigan for me right now because of the comeback game against them in the dome a few years back and I still root for Ohio State in their bowl games but generally not Michigan. Soon it will be Nebraska though. I used to have a couple of co-workers who were die hard husker fans and always wore husker clothes and would gloat about their team constantly.

Actually, West Virginia did not exist at secession. Also, it was never a slave state, as it was formed expressly for the purpose of removing its counties from Virginia and its pro-slavery stance.

true...WV 1863...but wasn't it considered a slave state, but loyal to the union...and why can't I remember this stuff anymore?

true...WV 1863...but wasn't it considered a slave state, but loyal to the union...and why can't I remember this stuff anymore?

West Virginia didn't actually ban slavery. The Willey Amendment, would have phased out slavery (the Thirteenth Amendment rendered it moot):

"The children of slaves born within the limits of this State after the fourth day of July, eighteen hundred and sixty-three, shall be free; and all slaves within this state who shall, at the time aforesaid, be under the age of ten years, shall be free when they arrive at the age of twenty-one years; and all slaves over ten and under twenty-one years shall be free when they arrive at the age of twenty-five years; and no slave shall be permitted to come into the State for permanent residence therin."

West Virginia didn't actually ban slavery. The Willey Amendment, would have phased out slavery (the Thirteenth Amendment rendered it moot):

"The children of slaves born within the limits of this State after the fourth day of July, eighteen hundred and sixty-three, shall be free; and all slaves within this state who shall, at the time aforesaid, be under the age of ten years, shall be free when they arrive at the age of twenty-one years; and all slaves over ten and under twenty-one years shall be free when they arrive at the age of twenty-five years; and no slave shall be permitted to come into the State for permanent residence therin."

So the REAL question is, could rosemountain cheer for WVU in good conscience? I think the answer would be yes if they are playing (ex.) AL but no if they are playing (ex.) Indiana.

So the REAL question is, could rosemountain cheer for WVU in good conscience? I think the answer would be yes if they are playing (ex.) AL but no if they are playing (ex.) Indiana.

Yes, but he would have to phase it in over the course of the game.

Top Bottom