Who else is optimistic about the 2024 season?

Are you excited for 2024 Gopher Football?

• Total voters
AK was bad and it won’t take much to be an upgrade, but how good do you expect him to be? Honestly?
No clue until we actually get to see Brosmer play. But based on his experience level I think at worst we are getting a Tanner Mordecai level player with the potential for more.

As long as he brings reliable performance to the position it will be a massive upgrade for the offense, even if he isn't a superstar.

If we make a bowl game in 2024, it's amazing. In 2025, we should contend for a new year's day Bowl

No clue until we actually get to see Brosmer play. But based on his experience level I think at worst we are getting a Tanner Mordecai level player with the potential for more.

As long as he brings reliable performance to the position it will be a massive upgrade for the offense, even if he isn't a superstar.
I would have said Tanner Morgan, which is plenty good enough

I see many reasons for optimism for the Gophers in 2024. Let’s look at the depth chart!

Offense:

QB:
Brosmer
Lindsay
Shikenjanski

Bro-smer has got to be better than AK, especially at decision making. So this should be better as long as he stays healthy. Lack of depth here is similar to the 2023 Vikings! But on paper, it looks improved.

RB:
Taylor
Bangura
Major
Nubin

When a guy who ran for 200 yards in one game is the fourth option in your running back stable you feel pretty good about it! Plus, we have some well regarded freshmen coming in. One thing this staff excels at is evaluating RBs. I really like this bunch!

WR:
Jackson
Brockington
Spencer
Redding
Driver
Varner
Hoskins
Lanier

Jackson is a stud. Can we get two more out of this group? Brock and Spencer we kind of know what we have. I’m intrigued big time by Driver! His dad certainly played well in Minnesota! So I see potential here. Big plus is no more 100 mph screens and dump offs! Bro-smer most likely throws a catchable ball.

TEs:
Kallerup
Geers
Bierman
Walsh

Not a lot to get excited about here. Does the coaching staff consider these guys are eligible receivers or just another blocker? Bierman should be destined to be the next great Gopher TE just because of his last name!

OL:
Ersery
Cooper
Lewis
Carroll
Johnson
B Carroll
Beers
Roy

Returning 80% of you starting line is pretty freaking awesome! Ignore those ridiculous sack give up rates because we passed so little. These guys are huge and block well for the running game. Don’t sleep on the two highly regarded freshmen who look ready to contribute coming in. This should be a strength with two All-B1G level players at the tackles. Coupled with the RBs, these guys should make play calling easy!

Defense:
DL:
Joyner
Eastern
Striggow
Redding
Becker
Etc..

Those first four names should make you all feel pretty good about our DL! Motivated to get back into the top of the B1G defenses should help D-Lat get these guys ready to excel. This feels like a strong unit.

Lbs:
Lindenberg
Baronowski
Williams
LeCaptain
Gerlach
Zolman
Stolsky

That fist guy could have made such a difference if he had played more than four games. And I’m sure he wasn’t 100% when he did come back! Silver lining is Baronowski got extra time to play and was a strength on the D by the time his freshman rust shook off. These guys could be our best LB unit in a while as long as they stay healthy!

DBs:
Walley
Bryson
Robinson
Henderson
MsMillan
Brown
Gousby
Watson
Bryan
Kelly
KOI PERICH

Walley coming back is huge! The rest of these guys are questionable after giving up so many big plays last year. Even with Nubin to clean things up. But one player has me very excited! KOI PERICH! I really think this kid is going to contribute immediately. He has all the athletic ability you could ask for and seems to have great instincts! This might be the weakest part of the defense but this freshman makes it the most interesting! I’m betting on the Eskimo to ice out the opposition!

Kickers: don’t even argue. We are set.

Well, that’s why I think 2024 could be special. I mean, we already know we’re going to the Rose Bowl!
This is great stuff. In your opinion how many of our guys can vie for the top spot at their position in the B1G this next year?

We need those guys that will create big wins. The ones that, when they’re on the field, can make a season a success. Guys with next-level twitch, power, instincts, and leadership.

I see many reasons for optimism for the Gophers in 2024. Let’s look at the depth chart!

Offense:

QB:
Brosmer
Lindsay
Shikenjanski

Bro-smer has got to be better than AK, especially at decision making. So this should be better as long as he stays healthy. Lack of depth here is similar to the 2023 Vikings! But on paper, it looks improved.

RB:
Taylor
Bangura
Major
Nubin

When a guy who ran for 200 yards in one game is the fourth option in your running back stable you feel pretty good about it! Plus, we have some well regarded freshmen coming in. One thing this staff excels at is evaluating RBs. I really like this bunch!

WR:
Jackson
Brockington
Spencer
Redding
Driver
Varner
Hoskins
Lanier

Jackson is a stud. Can we get two more out of this group? Brock and Spencer we kind of know what we have. I’m intrigued big time by Driver! His dad certainly played well in Minnesota! So I see potential here. Big plus is no more 100 mph screens and dump offs! Bro-smer most likely throws a catchable ball.

TEs:
Kallerup
Geers
Bierman
Walsh

Not a lot to get excited about here. Does the coaching staff consider these guys are eligible receivers or just another blocker? Bierman should be destined to be the next great Gopher TE just because of his last name!

OL:
Ersery
Cooper
Lewis
Carroll
Johnson
B Carroll
Beers
Roy

Returning 80% of you starting line is pretty freaking awesome! Ignore those ridiculous sack give up rates because we passed so little. These guys are huge and block well for the running game. Don’t sleep on the two highly regarded freshmen who look ready to contribute coming in. This should be a strength with two All-B1G level players at the tackles. Coupled with the RBs, these guys should make play calling easy!

Defense:
DL:
Joyner
Eastern
Striggow
Redding
Becker
Etc..

Those first four names should make you all feel pretty good about our DL! Motivated to get back into the top of the B1G defenses should help D-Lat get these guys ready to excel. This feels like a strong unit.

Lbs:
Lindenberg
Baronowski
Williams
LeCaptain
Gerlach
Zolman
Stolsky

That fist guy could have made such a difference if he had played more than four games. And I’m sure he wasn’t 100% when he did come back! Silver lining is Baronowski got extra time to play and was a strength on the D by the time his freshman rust shook off. These guys could be our best LB unit in a while as long as they stay healthy!

DBs:
Walley
Bryson
Robinson
Henderson
MsMillan
Brown
Gousby
Watson
Bryan
Kelly
KOI PERICH

Walley coming back is huge! The rest of these guys are questionable after giving up so many big plays last year. Even with Nubin to clean things up. But one player has me very excited! KOI PERICH! I really think this kid is going to contribute immediately. He has all the athletic ability you could ask for and seems to have great instincts! This might be the weakest part of the defense but this freshman makes it the most interesting! I’m betting on the Eskimo to ice out the opposition!

Kickers: don’t even argue. We are set.

Well, that’s why I think 2024 could be special. I mean, we already know we’re going to the Rose Bowl!

I don’t agree with including these players in your top players:
WR— Redding
TE — Bierman
LB — Zolman
DB — McMillan
and these should have been included:
OL — Nelson
DL — Smith
DL — Big guy from northern MN that played a lot last year (blanking out on his name, I’m old and didn’t look it up) I haven’t looked at the roster so there could be a few more. Probably I shouldn’t have done this off the top of my head.

And here's the thing, we have an absolute stud at running back who defenses absolutely have to account for, so if we have basic competence at qb we should have a really good year offensively. I know people have knocked the oline a lot over the yesrs for missed or blown assignments, penalties, etc, but our offensive line has generally been good to great since Fleck got here. I expect that to continue. Competent qb play and a defense that doesn't give up massive chunk plays like they did last year will lead to a result that should make us objectively happy at the end of the year.
Yep, our offensive line has been outstanding. Let’s see in 7 years PJ now has 2 offensive linemen to the NFL. No line, tough to have an outstanding QB.

Yep, our offensive line has been outstanding. Let’s see in 7 years PJ now has 2 offensive linemen to the NFL. No line, tough to have an outstanding QB.
What a pleasant person you must be at holiday gatherings. Last time I checked we've had some spectacular numbers in the rushing game with mediocre qb play, and that's directly on the offensive line creating gaps even when the defense knows what's coming. Your NFL comment is irrelevant, it's a team based unit. One guy with NFL talent doesn't make the line, cohesive play does. And there are a ton of teams who execute great offensively without NFL caliber talent at the line. GTFO of here with your insecure, negative bullshit

I've thought about this and read the others here... I think (hope?) 6 wins is the minimum and with a chip and a chair and a chance (or luck and a tail wind) we might get to 8...carry on, Homer Sota
Thinking about 6 wins being the average with a standard deviation of 2, going forward in the new Big Ten is depressing. Absolutely nothing to play for beyond a mid-low bowl game and rivalry trophies.

I hope that’s not what it is, but we won’t know for a few years.

I don’t agree with including these players in your top players:
WR— Redding
TE — Bierman
LB — Zolman
DB — McMillan
and these should have been included:
OL — Nelson
DL — Smith
DL — Big guy from northern MN that played a lot last year (blanking out on his name, I’m old and didn’t look it up) I haven’t looked at the roster so there could be a few more. Probably I shouldn’t have done this off the top of my head.
The one from Perham? Logan Richter

I see both positive and negative potential outcomes to the season, but see no reason to be pessimistic. It would just put me in a sour mood about something in which I have no control. To quote Rudolf Abel in Bridge of Spies in one of my favorite movie lines (and movies) of all time, "Would it help?"

What a pleasant person you must be at holiday gatherings. Last time I checked we've had some spectacular numbers in the rushing game with mediocre qb play, and that's directly on the offensive line creating gaps even when the defense knows what's coming. Your NFL comment is irrelevant, it's a team based unit. One guy with NFL talent doesn't make the line, cohesive play does. And there are a ton of teams who execute great offensively without NFL caliber talent at the line. GTFO of here with your insecure, negative bullshit
Since I don’t have a family, I don’t worry about holidays. Secondly, we don’t have an offensive line coach, we don’t have offensive linemen. Simple as that. Check with Iowa State and see that change when they switched coaches.

Since I don’t have a family, I don’t worry about holidays. Secondly, we don’t have an offensive line coach, we don’t have offensive linemen. Simple as that. Check with Iowa State and see that change when they switched coaches.
That explains a lot. We also have both an array of offensive linemen and an offensive line coach, you might be looking at a roster for the wrong sport.

Shit talking our players gets you no credibility, pal. Take your misery to another board - I'd say the Cyclone board would welcome you with open arms but I'm sure you'd find something to bitch about with their roster🤦‍♂️

Optimism is dependent on focusing on the positive.

Optimistically speaking, the 2023 team could easily have won 8-9 games. Better QB play and a little luck.

Injuries bit the '23 team, particularly at RB which is is key position in Fleck's team philosophy. Injuries are impossible to predict.

I'm optimistic that Brosmer's play will be more like Tanner Morgan than Athan Kaliakmanis.

I'm optimistic that Darius Taylor will be a star. Likewise, Daniel Jackson. The offensive line looks solid to me.

On defense, a lot is riding on the new coordinator.

As always, as an optimist, I'm excited about 2024.

This is great stuff. In your opinion how many of our guys can vie for the top spot at their position in the B1G this next year?

We need those guys that will create big wins. The ones that, when they’re on the field, can make a season a success. Guys with next-level twitch, power, instincts, and leadership.
Top guys at their position in the B1G or starters at Michigan and Ohio State.

Here are the guys in descending order of potential:

Ersery
DT
Carrol
Lindenberg
Joyner
Jackson WR

That’s about it, Brosmer has no chance in this offense.

I do like Baronowski but he would have to improve a lot.

I do expect Percich to be all-freshman.

No, my wife only likes one college football team, Oregon, and the nephew goes to Southern Cal (he's a fan) and his pro team is the Ravens. My wife calls my condition "Gopher Delusional Disorder." It is a seasonal condition.
Is there any medication for this condition? Asking for a friend

Top guys at their position in the B1G or starters at Michigan and Ohio State.

Here are the guys in descending order of potential:

Ersery
DT
Carrol
Lindenberg
Joyner
Jackson WR

That’s about it, Brosmer has no chance in this offense.

I do like Baronowski but he would have to improve a lot.

I do expect Percich to be all-freshman.
Hey I like this 👍🏻, now if we can figure out how to keep these guys healthy and on the field at the same time, offense/defense, we could have something.

Not sure why you'd medicate this bliss. Usually it tapers off around October, but I can now feel my condition coming back this year after it left me around last December.

After an exhaustive search I am certain that there is no medication, cure or elixir for this condition. The good part is that it is seasonal. At this time of year the condition tends to be at its weakest in terms of virulence. But once spring practice starts and word gets out about: 1) an emerging pass rusher, 2) a new deep threat wide receiver, 3) a talented transfer QB, etc., the condition is likely to recur. It will surely get worse as the regular season nears, but can go into remission during or shortly after our first conference game. After a 3 or 4 game skid is can seemingly disappear, but will rear its ugly head before the next season starts. I hope that your friend's condition improves.

After an exhaustive search I am certain that there is no medication, cure or elixir for this condition. The good part is that it is seasonal. At this time of year the condition tends to be at its weakest in terms of virulence. But once spring practice starts and word gets out about: 1) an emerging pass rusher, 2) a new deep threat wide receiver, 3) a talented transfer QB, etc., the condition is likely to recur. It will surely get worse as the regular season nears, but can go into remission during or shortly after our first conference game. After a 3 or 4 game skid is can seemingly disappear, but will rear its ugly head before the next season starts. I hope that your friend's condition improves.
well said, as far as 1) 2) & 3) are concerned, the combo of jah, driver/djax, & max “with the bros” mer seems to be doing the trick

Looking fwd to Iowa coming in to play 3- 0 Minnesota! Should be LIT. Michigan & USC tough outs, but I'm liking matchups vs. UCLA, Maryland, Illinois & Rutgers. And Nov 30 @ Wisc will be competitive. I got us at 8 wins, then a bowl game win vs. SEC on Dec 30 or 31.

Looking fwd to Iowa coming in to play 3- 0 Minnesota! Should be LIT. Michigan & USC tough outs, but I'm liking matchups vs. UCLA, Maryland, Illinois & Rutgers. And Nov 30 @ Wisc will be competitive. I got us at 8 wins, then a bowl game win vs. SEC on Dec 30 or 31.
About equal odds on Rutgers or USC here…

What happened to the "College football is dead" thread? It was here a second ago :ROFLMAO:

Ask not what your Gopher football program can do for you – ask what you can do for your Gopher football program." John F Kennedy (the F stands for football) Looking forward to the 2024 season & how the former 4 Pac12 teams adjust to the B1G.

Is Brosmer going to be a small, medium, or BIG improvement at QB?

Pick an answer. None are bad.

Is Brosmer going to be a small, medium, or BIG improvement at QB?

Pick an answer. None are bad.
Best Gopher Quarterback of all time, or Bestest Gopher Quarterback of all time?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Top Bottom