Who else is optimistic about the 2024 season?

Are you excited for 2024 Gopher Football?

• Total voters

Is Brosmer going to be a small, medium, or BIG improvement at QB?

Pick an answer. None are bad.
Need to see him in action with the Gophers before anyone can really know how much of an improvement over AK he will be but it does seem safe to assume that he will be an improvement of some kind given his experience.

I have to assume that Brosmer will be an upgrade over AK. So I am bullish on the offense. My worries are for the defense, which was a major letdown last season. Lots of holes to fill and youngsters needed to step up. Plus we’re replacing who we thought (at least until last year) was one of the top DCs in the country.

Is Brosmer going to be a small, medium, or BIG improvement at QB?

Pick an answer. None are bad.
Statistically, I think it'll look like a small or medium improvement, but I think it will have a massive impact on our team.

With our offense with the way PJ calls a game, we cannot miss the easy ones. You just can't run a ball control offense and miss on the wide open receivers on the plays you've been setting up for 10 plays. Athan missed on way too many of those.

Throwing a catchable ball would seem to be a fairly significant improvement.

This defense the last 4 big 10 games was that of Wacker.

It's hard to just throw that out and then you lose your best defender in Nubin.

I will be surprised if we are above .500

for all the talk about Brosmer and the offense, I still think that 2024 is going to stand or fall based on the defense. the new DC has a lot of work to do - especially with the LB's and secondary.

even with the injuries, the biggest surprise to me last season was seeing a Joe Rossi defense give up 'explosive' plays time and again in key situations. Was it scheme or personnel? I guess we'll find out this season with a new DC coaching a lot of the same players - minus Nubin.

there were so many times the defense looked confused on coverages, etc. Yes, I know a lot of young and inexperienced players were in there by the end of the season, but by the end of the season, you should know what the system is and what your responsibilities are.

so for me, it comes down to this - better defense, better results.

We had an astounding -certainly record breaking- lack of explosive plays on O last year if that changes I think the O will be fine. On D, we need to rush the passer some multiple better than last year or the struggle will be real. I just mainly hope PJ changes his best if he can’t/won’t regarding game plans and game day coaching that’ll be a shame. We have a chance to be really good and that doesn’t mean we win 11 games but it means competing week in and week out.

I'm optimistic every season. I can't imagine feeling any other way. Regardless of how it turns out, I will have had a blast at every game I get to attend.

for all the talk about Brosmer and the offense, I still think that 2024 is going to stand or fall based on the defense. the new DC has a lot of work to do - especially with the LB's and secondary.

even with the injuries, the biggest surprise to me last season was seeing a Joe Rossi defense give up 'explosive' plays time and again in key situations. Was it scheme or personnel? I guess we'll find out this season with a new DC coaching a lot of the same players - minus Nubin.

there were so many times the defense looked confused on coverages, etc. Yes, I know a lot of young and inexperienced players were in there by the end of the season, but by the end of the season, you should know what the system is and what your responsibilities are.

so for me, it comes down to this - better defense, better results.
I would say explosive plays happen because of coaching, or lack there of, rather than personnel. Even having outstanding personnel, who line up incorrectly or use the wrong technique, will still make the play unless they are out of position because of the defensive scheme.

Top Bottom