Who do you have as your Gameday guest picker?

Brock Lesnar should've been there last year, even if he wasn't the picker.

I had the scenario all lined up in my head: Corso picks Badgers. Then you pay some guy to run out in a Badger costume and start dancing around on stage. Suddenly you hear a big booming voice "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!" Lesnar appears from nowhere, decked out in full Gopher gear. Grabs the guy, thrusts him overhead, then throws him off the stage into some conveniently placed folding tables.

Place literally would've exploded.

The fact that the guest picker wont need to be on sight seems like it opens the door to get creative and have someone that normally wouldn't be available. Bring on Dave Winfield

B1G icon Dave Winfield!

Adam Thielen. I know he did not go the U , but he has had an amazing career.

I still think you shoot for Tony Dungy first. If not....something stupid like Ron Perlman dressed up as Reinhardt from Blade 2....or full Hellboy makeup.

That will always be special. Thanks for posting.
Was at that game in lower level corner where he scored. Saw the handoff and him cut to sideline when our view was blocked by Michigan bench, but the building roar of the crowd let us know something great was happening, then DT appears flying down the si dah line with nobody close to him and the place was as loud as ever.

Well why not go with Reggie Jackson then.
Adam Thielen had no major scholarship offers out of high school. Played at Mankato State (D2) for a $500 scholarship offer, he went undrafted, was not invited to the NFL combine, and then had to paid his way to a Regional combine, he then went undrafted. Now Adam Thielen is an All Pro NFL receiver, owns several NFL receiving records, and currently leads the NFL in touchdown receptions. He is one of the most amazing MN football stories in the history of the state.

This...so much this! One of the greatest Gophers sporting events I've witnessed in person was the National Duals championship in Iowa City which Lesnar clinched with this:

Brock, all the way, and if that doesn't work out then Robert Zimmerman.

Adam Thielen had no major scholarship offers out of high school. Played at Mankato State (D2) for a $500 scholarship offer, he went undrafted, was not invited to the NFL combine, and then had to paid his way to a Regional combine, he then went undrafted. Now Adam Thielen is an All Pro NFL receiver, owns several NFL receiving records, and currently leads the NFL in touchdown receptions. He is one of the most amazing MN football stories in the history of the state.
It's a nice story, but he plays for a team that is currently the laughingstock of the NFC. If the Vikings were 5-1 instead of 1-5, the producers would be much more likely to reach for some sort of Vikings tie-in.

It's a nice story, but he plays for a team that is currently the laughingstock of the NFC. If the Vikings were 5-1 instead of 1-5, the producers would be much more likely to reach for some sort of Vikings tie-in.
True, but the Vikes have a bye this week, so he would be available. :)

But no Gopher ties.

Top Bottom