Who’s next

So let me get this straight, people are ok with our NBA caliber center going to one of our biggest rivals within the conference, so that we have a better shot at a player from the University of North Dakota?

That sounds even more ridiculous after I type it out.
Look at how good Geno Crandall was for the Gophers

So let me get this straight, people are ok with our NBA caliber center going to one of our biggest rivals within the conference, so that we have a better shot at a player from the University of North Dakota?

That sounds even more ridiculous after I type it out.

Actually, your argument is more ridiculous than that outcome.

Robbins is gone and we have absolutely no control over where he goes. The available information indicates that he will go to either Iowa or Vanderbilt. Our concern is filling our roster. There is a player who fits a need (scoring big) who appears interested in coming here but appears possibly more intrigued by Iowa. People believe that the Serbian big man from UND will be more likely to go to Iowa if Robbins does not.

That's the situation as I understand it. So, your argument is that we should care more about depriving Iowa of a good player than improving our own team. I'm confident that whatever Robbins gives to Iowa will be less than what Garza gave them.

Last edited:

Johnson was brought here under the premise of being an ace recruiter. If the pattern is going to be "well we need this superior player to go to Iowa so we can get the worse player to consider us over Iowa (or any comparable school)" then we are in for a long tenure. I don't want Liam at Iowa.

Johnson was brought here under the premise of being an ace recruiter. If the pattern is going to be "well we need this superior player to go to Iowa so we can get the worse player to consider us over Iowa (or any comparable school)" then we are in for a long tenure. I don't want Liam at Iowa.

Pattern? What pattern? The guy just started in the job and has the unenviable task of needing to recruit about 7 players to fill a roster (assuming no one else enters the portal or decommits) in the spring and summer. He's done pretty well in getting 3 experienced and productive players so far.

Secondly, Robbins is a good player, better than expected this year, but he's not vintage era Bill Walton. He had 10 points, 1 rebound, and 5 fouls in 16 minutes when he went up against Kofi. Meanwhile, Kofi had 33 points and 13 rebounds in that game. He did better against Trevion Williams but Williams still averaged 20.5 points and 12 boards in those two games v. 13 points and 8.5 boards for Robbins.

Under the present circumstances, Minnesota isn't going to attract trophy players this season. Their focus has to be on recruiting competent players and relying on good team ball vs. riding the backs of a few talented individuals. The latter was Pitino's modus operandi and I will be glad to miss that for at least one season.

Actually, your argument is more ridiculous than that outcome.

Robbins is gone and we have absolutely no control over where he goes. The available information indicates that he will go to either Iowa or Vanderbilt. Our concern is filling our roster. There is a player who fits a need (scoring big) who appears interested in coming here but appears possibly more intrigued by Iowa. People believe that the Serbian big man from UND will be more likely to go to Iowa if Robbins does not.

That's the situation as I understand it. So, your argument is that we should care more about depriving Iowa of a good player than improving our own team. I'm confident that whatever Robbins gives to Iowa will be less than what Garza gave them.

I already addressed this in a later post. Forward is not the Gophers biggest need currently, and there are a number of forwards of Rebraca's caliber in the portal that we are recruiting.

Any Gopher fan that hopes Robbins ends up at Iowa instead of Vanderbilt, is insane.

I already addressed this in a later post. Forward is not the Gophers biggest need currently, and there are a number of forwards of Rebraca's caliber in the portal that we are recruiting.

Name them and give me the evidence that they're strongly considering this program. I do agree that forward isn't the biggest need but the two 4s we have (assuming they both stay) are not consistent scorers.

Name them and give me the evidence that they're strongly considering this program. I do agree that forward isn't the biggest need but the two 4s we have (assuming they both stay) are not consistent scorers.

Parker Fox and Tanner Groves.

Not saying I'm okay with it. He's leaving Minnesota no matter what. If he goes to Vandy then we have less chance at Rebraca. Y'all really pick and choose what parts of a statement you like to read
Yeah, but if he goes to Vandy we don’t have to play him twice and have him put up 25 pts and 4 blocks on us

Stop making things up and stay on topic.

And yes you're insane if you want Robbins to go to Iowa instead of Vanderbilt.

I'm not making anything up. You are a COVID denier, you were consistent in that view, and I will never hesitate to remind you of that anytime you are insinuating that I should trust your judgement or telling me that my judgement is bad. Your credibility is forever shot as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any strong feelings about where Robbins goes. I was characterizing the views of others. I wrote in a previous post that I thought Vanderbilt would be a better location for his future but others have posted that he apparently has a sister with special needs he so maybe proximity to family is a very important concern for him.

I'm not making anything up. You are a COVID denier, you were consistent in that view, and I will never hesitate to remind you of that anytime you are insinuating that I should trust your judgement or telling me that my judgement is bad. Your credibility is forever shot as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any strong feelings about where Robbins goes. I was characterizing the views of others. I wrote in a previous post that I thought Vanderbilt would be a better location for his future but others have posted that he apparently has a sister with special needs he so maybe proximity to family is a very important concern for him.
I’ve never once denied covid, keep the lies to the off topic board.

Yeah, but if he goes to Vandy we don’t have to play him twice and have him put up 25 pts and 4 blocks on us

Robbins scored 20 or more points in 3 of 23 games he played this year and only 2 were against Big Ten teams; the other was against UMKC. I like our odds of avoiding that outcome.

I’ve never once denied covid, keep the lies to the off topic board.

Yes, you did. You compared it to the flu and maintained that only a few people of targeted groups would die or even get very sick or have lingering effects from it. You said that numerous times. You're the liar. You have bad ideas and now appear to be embarrassed by them since they've been thoroughly discredited but YOU OWN THEM no matter how much you protest. If you keep this up, I'll reproduce them so quit while you're only this far behind.

Yes, you did. You compared it to the flu and maintained that only a few people of targeted groups would die or even get very sick or have lingering effects from it. You said that numerous times. You're the liar. You have bad ideas and now appear to be embarrassed by them since they've been thoroughly discredited but YOU OWN THEM no matter how much you protest. If you keep this up, I'll reproduce them so quit while you're only this far behind.
The flu comparison is apt. Seems the only way to differentiate it from the flu is a test. Have they found a way to diagnose without a test? It also seems that a majority of the expected seasonal flu deaths were replaced by covid deaths, coincidence? I'm just a guy asking questions here.

That's not denying covid, and you're continuing to lie. I own everything I say, and that's a gross misinterpretation of it. Stop staying moronic things on the basketball board then trying to bring lies related to the otb into it. I'd love to see you reproduce these posts over there.

Any Gopher fan that hopes Robbins ends up at Iowa instead of Vanderbilt, is insane.
i don’t really care where Robbins ends up. He is weak with the ball, resulting in a lot of turnovers, and other than blocking an occasional shot was often out of position on defense, giving up as many points as he blocked.

Not too worried about him putting up 25. Very unlikely. 4 blocks? Maybe, but can also count on him being out of position resulting in at least 3-4 layups for us, and he will turn the ball over at least 3 times.

That's not denying covid, and you're continuing to lie. I own everything I say, and that's a gross misinterpretation of it. Stop staying moronic things on the basketball board then trying to bring lies related to the otb into it. I'd love to see you reproduce these posts over there.

I am not lying and, yes, admitting that COVID exists but insisting it's no big deal is COVID denial. Your proof of that was a few people you knew who had it but didn't suffer much. Obviously, your standard of proof is pretty low and you don't understand the power of numbers. You also boasted about sitting in a crowded restaurant during the pandemic and laughed at all the cautious folks. I know who you are even if you're conveniently trying to forget now.

Understand something: you can plead all you want but I don't take orders from you. The more you try, the more I'll pour it on.

Rumblings of Jarvis potentially playing both if he went to UST
If he really thinks he can make it to the NFL, then this is as good a place for him to try football as anywhere.

He needs as many reps as he can get, and against "lower" competition he may actually have a decent shot to build some confidence and do some good things.

Some NFL team will give him a spring invitation (for spring 2022) and see if he's good enough to invite to fall camp.

Yes, you did. You compared it to the flu and maintained that only a few people of targeted groups would die or even get very sick or have lingering effects from it.
GWG's deal is simply this: he will say anything and do anything, if he thinks it helps promote the story that there never should have been any restrictions on any businesses or people to freely move about, work, etc.

That's his whole deal. The libertarian mental disease.

^^^ only post I'm going to make in this thread about it. PM me or @ me in the OTB, if you'd like to continue.

I am not lying and, yes, admitting that COVID exists but insisting it's no big deal is COVID denial. Your proof of that was a few people you knew who had it but didn't suffer much. Obviously, your standard of proof is pretty low and you don't understand the power of numbers. You also boasted about sitting in a crowded restaurant during the pandemic and laughed at all the cautious folks. I know who you are even if you're conveniently trying to forget now.

Understand something: you can plead all you want but I don't take orders from you. The more you try, the more I'll pour it on.

I've always said it's a very serious disease for people at risk, and I am not at risk. That has proven out.

Way to derail another thread with nonsense and lies.

I've always said it's a very serious disease for people at risk, and I am not at risk. That has proven out.

Way to derail another thread with nonsense and lies.

For the last time, I wasn't lying. Those were your views. I just remembered your words a lot better than you expected. You continued this discussion by calling me a liar, asshole.

Top Bottom