Who’s next

PeterMac05

Reaction score
It’s been a rough week to be a gopher fan, so let’s get some optimism going. Which transfer is next? Any rumors? Inside info?

It’s been a rough week to be a gopher fan, so let’s get some optimism going. Which transfer is next? Any rumors? Inside info?

I was just about to start looking at the 2022 recruits. That should help, but until we have a full team, it just hurts to look at gopher stuff for the coming year. .

I was just about to start looking at the 2022 recruits. That should help, but until we have a full team, it just hurts to look at gopher stuff for the coming year. .
Tell me about it, I need some sort of hope lol

Hasn’t been that rough of a week. Added two really good assistant coaches who will help build the program. We added a couple solid players. We will see who is added, but confident the staff will find some solid players who will be part of building a strong program.

My guess is Liam commits to Iowa, which means the kid from North Dakota will commit to us this week.
Since Liam is gone either way, I would take that. If Liam goes to Vandy then we probably miss out on both.

This. With Gabe out, I don't expect any of the players in the portal to return. Certainly not Liam. I would not turn down anyone that wants to commit right now.
Odds are we might get 1 or 2 in the portal. If these can't get any offers and we have spots I'm sure they would be welcomed back.

Let's go get Fox and the New Hampshire guy. Does Ben have Fox on the back burner behind Race and North Dakota guy? Figured Fox would make a choice by now

Odds are we might get 1 or 2 in the portal. If these can't get any offers and we have spots I'm sure they would be welcomed back.

Let's go get Fox and the New Hampshire guy. Does Ben have Fox on the back burner behind Race and North Dakota guy? Figured Fox would make a choice by now
The only one I can see not getting any offers is Omersa and he's been checked out since December. He'd be better off switching spots with Fox and going to Northern State.

The only one I can see not getting any offers is Omersa and he's been checked out since December. He'd be better off switching spots with Fox and going to Northern State.
St Thomas would be a good fit for him. Really think he should pull a Dale Moss and play football though. I would welcome back Tre, Freeman, and Mitchell. Will be interesting to see who offers them, none have really proved it at the p6 level so it'll be hard for them to get offers. Someone will really have to take a risk on them

St Thomas would be a good fit for him. Really think he should pull a Dale Moss and play football though. I would welcome back Tre, Freeman, and Mitchell. Will be interesting to see who offers them, none have really proved it at the p6 level so it'll be hard for them to get offers. Someone will really have to take a risk on them
Rumblings of Jarvis potentially playing both if he went to UST

Race already went back to Indiana

Liam playing at Iowa would make me vomit uncontrollably.
I'm not sold on Fran and their lack of defense. They won't be as deep as they were this year. Liam blocks Rebraca from going there and possibly coming here. He'll be able to contribute quicker than Thompson or Pohto

The Irondale guy at New Hampshire is really intriguing to me. A guard leading the conference in rebounding suggests a guy with Jordan Murphy like sense for the ball, and J'son Stamper desire to get rebounds. Or there were just a lot of missed shots that popped out past the free throw line. Hopefuly, he's healthy enough to play.

I'm not sold on Fran and their lack of defense. They won't be as deep as they were this year. Liam blocks Rebraca from going there and possibly coming here. He'll be able to contribute quicker than Thompson or Pohto

So let me get this straight, people are ok with our NBA caliber center going to one of our biggest rivals within the conference, so that we have a better shot at a player from the University of North Dakota?

That sounds even more ridiculous after I type it out.

So let me get this straight, people are ok with our NBA caliber center going to one of our biggest rivals within the conference, so that we have a better shot at a player from the University of North Dakota?

Small ball, if necessary, please. No portal in the conference. Especially Iowa or Wisconsin.

Not saying I'm okay with it. He's leaving Minnesota no matter what. If he goes to Vandy then we have less chance at Rebraca. Y'all really pick and choose what parts of a statement you like to read

Not exactly. I think everyone's first choice would be for Robbins to return, but if it's a foregone conclusion that he is gone anyway, then him going to a team that helps us get Rabraca sounds like a good consolation prize.

People need to get over this habit of confidently assuming someone isn't good simply because of the team they played for. There are endless examples of good players playing in bad conferences. Rabraca put up an efficient 23 points against us this season and 16 & 13 against Gonzaga last year, not to mention solid games against other high major teams throughout his career so far. I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

Not saying I'm okay with it. He's leaving Minnesota no matter what. If he goes to Vandy then we have less chance at Rebraca. Y'all really pick and choose what parts of a statement you like to read

Why do we have a lesser chance? Rebraca is a 6'9" forward, not a 7'0" center.

Wishing a NBA talent from our team goes to an in conference rival just for a better chance at a lesser player is insane.

I think Rebraca is a good player, but Robbins is much better. If we're taking another 6'8"/6'9" forward, I'd rather take Fox over Rebraca.

Why do we have a lesser chance? Rebraca is a 6'9" forward, not a 7'0" center.

Wishing a NBA talent from our team goes to an in conference rival just for a better chance at a lesser player is insane.

I think Rebraca is a good player, but Robbins is much better. If we're taking another 6'8"/6'9" forward, I'd rather take Fox over Rebraca.
Obviously I would want Liam to stay. I don't see that happening. Rabraca is looking at Iowa if Liam doesn't go there. There I spelled it out for you. Any other questions?

No one wants him to leave. In the hypothetical scenario where Liam going to Iowa resuts in Rabraca coming here, but Liam going somewhere else leads to Rabraca going to Iowa, then Liam can be the one that goes there so we aren't left empty handed.

Seeing Liam in an Iowa jersey, especially playing against us, would make me want to throw up, but it seems like he's leaving regardless, so we need to replace him. And there is no reason we'd have to choose between him and Fox. They could play together.

No one wants him to leave. In the hypothetical scenario where Liam going to Iowa resuts in Rabraca coming here, but Liam going somewhere else leads to Rabraca going to Iowa, then Liam can be the one that goes there so we aren't left empty handed.

Seeing Liam in an Iowa jersey, especially playing against us, would make me want to throw up, but it seems like he's leaving regardless, so we need to replace him. And there is no reason we'd have to choose between him and Fox. They could play together.

We still have Ihnen and Johnson on the roster, 6'9" forwards are one of our lesser needs right now. Plus we are recruiting several good forwards in that range, not just Rabraca.

If Robbins is leaving, so be it. Hoping he ends up at Iowa should be the last thing anyone wants.

Top Bottom