Which QB do the Vikes draft?

Who you got?

• Total voters
Mark Craig (Strib) mock draft says Vikes trade both firsts this year and a 4th round next year for the Chargers 5th to take JJM.

Lazy guess.

If that's what happens, how pathetic are KAM and KOC, to let Jim Harbaugh play you??
same old tired argument

Draft Kings or some damn sports betting place had 100-1 odds that San Diego takes a qb.

It's now down to 6:1

Just throwing it out there.

Danny B has the fake draft guy on! It is like listening to radio in 1990!

Meaning someone put big $$$ against that bet (ie betting they will move from #5) and now the book is trying to entice people to place bets on the other side of that big bet?

Or did I get it backwards?

Not sure which it is, but the only thing that makes the line move is significant cash, as the goal is to have equal amounts be on both sides, as the house gets paid on all bets regardless of the outcome.

Not sure which it is, but the only thing that makes the line move is significant cash, as the goal is to have equal amounts be on both sides, as the house gets paid on all bets regardless of the outcome.
I think I had it backwards.

100-1 that Chargers take QB means they “felt highly confident” that they would not do that.

Now suddenly their “confidence” has dropped to only 6-1.

But really like you’ve said it has nothing to do with what they really think will happen and is about balancing the bets placed on both sides of the wager.

So someone put a big bet that the Chargers will stay put and take one.

Last edited:

same old tired argument
You have the same old tired troll dishonesty about defensive busts.

Taking the first defensive player of the draft is far less risky than taking the fourth QB in the top 15.

You have the same old tired troll dishonesty about defensive busts.

Taking the first defensive player of the draft is far less risky than taking the fourth QB in the top 15.
true, but it's just that qb thing is kind of huge

listened to a podcast today -

"Sports Media with Richard Deitsch" - the host interviewed producers from the NFL Network and ESPN about how they put on the NFL draft. they talked about how the draft coverage has changed over the years, how they prepare for the draft, and the different elements that go into their coverage.

a little bit of 'inside baseball,' but if you're interested in sports media, worth listening to.

was surprised to learn that ESPN and the NFL Network actually coordinate their coverage to the point where they take commercial breaks at the same time. BTW - both producers said that they do not know the picks ahead of time. in the production trucks, they might get 30-seconds advance warning so they can have the right graphics and highlight packages cued up, but the on-camera people do not know any of the picks until they are announced.

also - didn't know this - Pat McAfee is doing a draft night show on ESPN+ with Bill Belichick. if that isn't the biggest odd couple of all time.

That's what I'm talking about!!

Just heard in the last hour or so or earlier today that one of the "Insiders", Schefter or Rappaport or Daniel Jeremiah, said every call they've gotten in the last couple hours is that teams are trading up for OT picks. Back to reality finally, despite all the mock draft dumbasses; there are NOT going to be 3 WR taken in the top 7-8 picks, sorry.

I can see both Alt and Fuaga going in the top 5 possibly, and one or even two of the QBs sliding a little bit. Shit, in his latest top 10 of what HE would do, Michael Lombardi did not have a team taking Drake Maye in the top 10 for example.

ESPN, ABC and the NFL Network are going to break every record for viewership for Thursday night. It could be one of the most-watched TV nights of the year - except for the Super Bowl and (probably) Election Night.

ESPN, ABC and the NFL Network are going to break every record for viewership for Thursday night. It could be one of the most-watched TV nights of the year - except for the Super Bowl and (probably) Election Night.

I remember when it was a quaint affair and held discreetly at Radio City Music Hall every year and all you had to do was go online and viola you had tickets easy peasy.

Tried to get my friend to go, who’s a big Giants fan, but couldn’t get him to bite. I wish I would have just gone by myself to heckle Mel & Boomer; simpler times before everything got monetized.

true, but it's just that qb thing is kind of huge
Busting on a QB pick that you gave away future firsts for, is disgusting and should be disqualifying of ever being a GM again.

That should be the risk tied to that action as a GM. So you can’t do some coward thing of “if he busts I’m not gonna be here anyway so I don’t care”.

I’m fine if they take a QB at 11.

Giving away assets to be able to pull a slot machine arm, is disgusting.

Daniel Jeremiah shows McCarthy still being around at 11. If that's a guy they want, that would be the ideal situation. Then has them taking Chop Robinson at 23. Gonna be an interesting night.

Daniel Jeremiah shows McCarthy still being around at 11. If that's a guy they want, that would be the ideal situation. Then has them taking Chop Robinson at 23. Gonna be an interesting night.

I'd love it if it worked out this way. My opinion is worth absolutely nothing, but I think only Daniel's and Williams are true game changers.

Howeda wants you to think that is meaningful because JM went to Michigan.

You’re on the clock GH
Pick/Team/Player (Alt Pick)

1. CHI - Caleb Williams (Tyler Nubin)

2. WAS - Jaden Daniels (Drake Maye)

3. NE - J.J. McCarthy (Drake Maye)

4. NYG * - Drake Maye (J.J. McCarthy)

5. LAC - Mark Alt (Marvin Harrison)

6. ARI * - Marvin Harrison (Malik Nabers)

7. TEN - Malik Nabers (Taliese Fuaga)

8. ATL - Dallas Turner (Rome Odunze)

9. CHI - Rome Odunze (Taliese Fuaga)

10. NYJ - Taliese Fuaga (Brock Bowers)

11. MIN -

What now?

Pick/Team/Player (Alt Pick)

1. CHI - Caleb Williams (Tyler Nubin)

2. WAS - Jaden Daniels (Drake Maye)

3. NE - J.J. McCarthy (Drake Maye)

4. NYG * - Drake Maye (J.J. McCarthy)

5. LAC - Mark Alt (Marvin Harrison)

6. ARI * - Marvin Harrison (Malik Nabers)

7. TEN - Malik Nabers (Taliese Fuaga)

8. ATL - Dallas Turner (Rome Odunze)

9. CHI - Rome Odunze (Taliese Fuaga)

10. NYJ - Taliese Fuaga (Brock Bowers)

11. MIN -

What now?
Murphy

I think one of the top 4 QB's will fall, most likely JJ. If the Vikings trade up, it will be to draft Maye.

If JJ falls to 11, I think they would take him. If the top 4 QB's are gone, I don't think the Vikings draft a QB at 11.

I still think there's a small chance they could trade Justin Jefferson.

Vikings get quarterback, edge rusher in Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft​

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah released his final mock draft and the Vikings didn't make a trade up at all. They stay put at 11th overall and take Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

I wouldn't rule out Minnesota trading up a couple spots for a quarterback, but all the information I've gathered in the last couple days suggests the Vikings are not crazy about making a bold move up the board for McCarthy. I believe they've grown more comfortable with Michael Penix Jr. as a fallback option if a team were to leapfrog them for McCarthy.
The tidbits here are interesting for the Vikings. Jeremiah doesn't believe they will make a big trade up for McCarthy. That's something that hasn't been discussed much before but it does make sense considering that his profile doesn't equal that of the other top quarterbacks.

The Vikings do keep 23rd overall here and they get my fourth-ranked player and top edge rusher in Penn State's Chop Robinson.

Robinson is a dynamic edge rusher who fills a need for Minnesota.
His first step is elite and reminiscent of Von Miller's. That allows him to dominate both in the run and pass games. Needless to say, this would be a massive home run for the Vikings.

I think one of the top 4 QB's will fall, most likely JJ. If the Vikings trade up, it will be to draft Maye.

If JJ falls to 11, I think they would take him. If the top 4 QB's are gone, I don't think the Vikings draft a QB at 11.

I still think there's a small chance they could trade Justin Jefferson.
If all 4 are gone, it will then depend on what they think of the other two QBs that could in the 1st/2nd. I would believe at least one of Penix and Nix will be there at 23. Do they really like Penix enough to take him at 11? I hope not but have seen some mocks suggest they do. Or could they move back from 11 and still grab one of the two later in the 1st?

If Murphy is there at #11 and the Vikings still have that pick, you don't even think; you walk that pick up to the podium.
I'm all in with you on this.

We have gotten no pressure for years up the middle and can't stop the run up the middle either.

It's a huge need. HUGE

Could you trade back a few spots from there and still get him?

Top Bottom