Which Gophers recruit are you most excited about?

• Chris Streveler

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Eric Carter

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • De'Vondre Campbell

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Berkley Edwards

Votes: 67 41.6%
  • ALex Mayes

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Nate Wozniak

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Donovahn Jones

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Demaris Peppers

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Drew Wolitarsky

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.1%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

Jones, Wozniak, Edwards, Campbell, Santoso, and Wolitarsky.

Campbell, because he probably starts and makes an impact this year.

I picked Edwards because I really miss having an explosive back. I don't know if he'll qualify as such, but he's got the bloodlines to be an impact player for sure.

Santoso not even an option? If he's any good, this program is starving for a good kicker. Can he punt too?

Had to go with Campbell. Edwards a VERY close 2nd.

3 guys really interest me more that others.

Campbell, Wilson, and Santoso are the three that really interest me at this time because they might be the three recruits most likely to play this coming season. Campbell and Wilson could both find themselves in the starting linebacking corp depending how quickly they adjust to the system and style of play. I hope th rest of the players are allowed to red-shirt and develope over the next 12 months.

Santoso not even an option? If he's any good, this program is starving for a good kicker. Can he punt too?

Here is a .gif of him kicking a 45 yarder at the UA all-star game. He missed 2 of equal length. Did not miss them by much (I'll blame it on a new holder/snapper combo), but both of his misses were hit just as well.

This one would have been good from about 65:

kickZILLA.gif

For me:
(1) Laster - I think he looks like a really special LB
(2) Campbell - I'm not the most patient and he looks really talented.
(3) Jones - As explosive of an athlete as I've seen come here in a long time.
(4) Wipson - I really believe he will be a good player for us. About a year ago, I compared him to Tarpley (not in style but in ability) and I still think he's on that level.

Had to go with Wozniak, as his size could become a huge advantage for the offense if he can continue to develop. 6'9" 255#!

I would say Drew Wolitarsky or Santoso. We need someone to get us first downs, and Limegrover mentioned Wolitarsky as a first down stick moving machine. We need that. We, as was stated earlier, are desperate for a decent kicker and punter. Hopefully Santoso can give us both.

I would say Drew Wolitarsky or Santoso. We need someone to get us first downs, and Limegrover mentioned Wolitarsky as a first down stick moving machine. We need that. We, as was stated earlier, are desperate for a decent kicker and punter. Hopefully Santoso can give us both.

I have heard it mentioned a few times that they want to use Santoso at both kicker and punter. That is pretty rare at the college level as most guys seem to do one or the other.

If Wolitarsky can give us a solid possession receiver he would be worth his weight in gold. He doesn't profile as a deep threat and while we still need that what we really need is an every down receiver we can count on to get open and catch the damn ball. Barker was kind of that guy but that has been sorely lacking the past few seasons.

Whichever recruits can help us win the triumverant of Trophy games fastest

If your Gopher recruit that signed today, get to know these Three words in this order

"PIG" "AXE" "Jug". These are not trinkets as a former coach once said, they are benchmarks that
we need to work on winning every year. Remember to win "Pig", "Axe" "Jug" and repeat.

The Pig the Gophers should always win(This case should never be empty), the other two are harder to get but should still be part of the goal.

Recruits that I'm thrilled about are these three guy's because they are likely to help our defense and speed up the Gophers improvement on defense.

Jordan Hinojosa, Damien Wilson, and De'vondre Campbell "Hermanos de bad a$$"

I am not excited about any specific one of our new recruits, but I am excited for all of them. Now the excitement for all of them must be tempered and kept on an even keel as we see how the future plays out.

GO GOPHERS!!!

I'm looking forward to watching Dinero Moss play DB for us.

Campbell and Edwards. Can't wait to see Braylon at the games!

Berkley Edwards. Just for the pedigree.

I think Damien Wilson is the most slept on player in this class, he has size, speed and instincts. De'Vondre Campbell is a freak athlete, but he's only played LB for a year and still looks pretty raw. I think Wilson comes in and takes a starting job and could potentially be our best LB this coming year.

I agree with your assessment of Damien Wilson

I think Damien Wilson is the most slept on player in this class, he has size, speed and instincts. De'Vondre Campbell is a freak athlete, but he's only played LB for a year and still looks pretty raw. I think Wilson comes in and takes a starting job and could potentially be our best LB this coming year.

Wilson has linebacker instincts we sorely lacked and I'm excited to see him and Hinojosa in spring ball. Hinojosa has size and a motor you want in a DT.
I think Wilson, Hinojosa and Campbell are going to bring an element of "nasty" to our defense that we have lacked in recent years. Just my hope but I think they will become the brothers of bad a$$sery and destruction on this defense
and bring some personality out of the other guy's. Competition is coming and the turn is starting this year.

if a = b and b = c then a = b right?

edwards has speed
speed kills
edwards kills it...??????

This may have been answered in another thread already but all of the LBs signed in this class is Beal done at LB?

if a = b and b = c then a = b right?

edwards has speed
speed kills
edwards kills it...??????

I like your logic. But just to be sure that I'm not missing something, is it "...a = c"?

He's not on the poll and I didn't vote for him (I went with Edwards), but I'm excited to see Brian Bobek.

Wilson has linebacker instincts we sorely lacked and I'm excited to see him and Hinojosa in spring ball. Hinojosa has size and a motor you want in a DT.
I think Wilson, Hinojosa and Campbell are going to bring an element of "nasty" to our defense that we have lacked in recent years. Just my hope but I think they will become the brothers of bad a$$sery and destruction on this defense
and bring some personality out of the other guy's. Competition is coming and the turn is starting this year.

I like it and I'm going with the same trifecta plus Drew. I think Drew will play as a freshmen and develop into a valuable piece of the offense.

Alex Mayes. He and hopefully his bro are going to do some bull dozing.

Edwards. If he is truly one of the fastest 20 guys in the country then we may have something special.

Top Bottom