Week One Non-Minnesota Games Thread

Ole Miss, Up 27-0 on University of Tennessee Martin, with almost 13 minutes left in the 2nd quarter put in defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche at fullback and he catches a 32 yard TD pass.

Kind of a dick move, IMO.

Ole Miss, Up 27-0 on University of Tennessee Martin, with almost 13 minutes left in the 2nd quarter put in defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche at fullback and he catches a 32 yard TD pass.

Kind of a dick move, IMO.

They still have a rebel who looks like a cotton baron during slavery as a mascot. Dick moves go with the territory.

He's a 4* QB who is 21-22 years old. He was co-MVP with Jaimous Winston at the elite camp back in the day. If they get their defense healthy they will best Michigan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a good start for Purdue. Appleby throws a pick 6 on the first play of the season.

Purdue just scored on a pass play with an OL five yards down field.

The best the B1G can do in Week 1 is 8-6 if OSU beats Virginia Tech tomorrow night. It's a long season, but not a strong opening statement.

I really don't care what kind of statement any conference makes. Last season should be proof enough that trying to form a narrative one way or the other about a conferemce is pretty pointless.

Alabama is clearly better than TCU imo. If they can solidify the QB thing very few teams will challenge them.

The only reason I'd give the edge to TCU is because of the "if they can solidify the QB position." As Gopher fans, we know that story well. Once TCU is fully healthy along the defense from 7, I think they're damn tough to beat. That's not to say they're much better, I'd just say they might have a slight edge.

Yes I think TCU's offense is good enough to score against Alabama and Bama's passing game is not good right now. They diddn't need it against the Badgers.

The running back, Knox Jr, looked very good for Purdue. It would be fun to do fantasy football B1G style.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to whoever the host on Fox Sports Radio was about an hour ago, Virginia Tech, yes, VT, not Michigan State, will be tO$U's toughest opponent all season. Still no love for the BIG.

We need receivers that can make plays like that. No doubt it helps the passing game when you can just throw it up and let the WR make a play. Hopefully the young guys can do that.

How many times is ESPN going to cut to Barrett standing on the sidelines? Are they looking for the slightest bit of anything they can to manufacture drama? They had to cut to the sideline reporter so she could tell us that Barrett is "supportive" of Jones. What a surprise, Barrett supports his teammate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Things I'd rather do than tackle Cardale Jones.

1) Fight an Alligator
2) Teabag a Shark
3) Get Robbbed by Maurice Clarett</p>— Andy Ruther (@AndyRuther) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyRuther/status/641046829291843588">September 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unless Virginia Tech is terrible (they might be), OSU is showing why they are by far the best team in the country. Extremely impressive.

geez the buckeyes are good.

Paging J.T. Barrett. Paging J.T. Barrett. Please report to the University of Minnesota admissions office.

“@DanBarreiroKFAN: Buckeye fan twitter preciousness is already at Max on the Vomit Index, and it's only Sept 7”

Of course, now OSU is unraveling a bit. They'll probably still looks great at the end but some dumb mistakes costing them.

Here's a thought, and I know this is kinda crazy; How about you give the ball to the best RB in college football? Only 3 carries for Elliott with the first half almost over.

Top Bottom