Week One Non-Minnesota Games Thread

Touchdown "good" guys...35-10 now.

After watching most of this Alabama v. Stinky Animals from Wisconsin game, I'm interested in others thoughts on a question. From what you've seen, who is better, TCU or Alabama?

My impression-TCU is the better team.

I'd lean toward Bama.

The only time Liedner was better than Stave last year was when he was working through the yips.

On a brighter note, Clement has been benched since first quarter. Always good to have badger drama.

I thought Stave had the issues early in the season? He had his two worst games at the end of the year. He was not good against Auburn in their bowl game.

I'd take Stave over Jake Ruddock. But good for us Ruddock can become the only player in history to be the starting QB in two different trophy game losses to Minnesota...

Week one opinion.

Nebraska wants BO back.
Wisc. wants Gordon back.
I would take #7 Leidner over highly recruited Mr. INT. from Penn St.
Northwestern looks like a good team. They have team speed..

Easter Washington has score 35 against Oregon. Oregon will have gaudy stats and a lot of believers again this year, but they can't beat Bama or Ohio St. I hope Sparty kicks their rump next weekend.

Week one opinion.

Nebraska wants BO back.
Wisc. wants Gordon back.
I would take #7 Leidner over highly recruited Mr. INT. from Penn St.
Northwestern looks like a good team. They have team speed..

Anyone else see the stat about tams that have lost twice in the past 4 years to FCS teams? One was Kansas who did so tonight, but one of the other two...Oregon St. I wonder if both happened under Riley...

Eastern Washington in 2013 (while Beavers were rated #25) and the powerhouse Sacramento St in 2011. Both under Riley. Watching the meltdowns in Lincoln will be good entertainment the next few years...

Paul Chryst, now 19-20 as a head coach...

After watching most of this Alabama v. Stinky Animals from Wisconsin game, I'm interested in others thoughts on a question. From what you've seen, who is better, TCU or Alabama?

My impression-TCU is the better team.

Alabama is clearly better than TCU imo. If they can solidify the QB thing very few teams will challenge them.

Southern Miss just ran a jet sweep reverse fleaflicker. They're close to scoring a TD down 14-10 to Mississippi St.

Bama looks weak on special teams (which can cost you but not often). You'd need to be a team that can consistently throw deep to beat them. Ohio St and maybe Auburn. Not sure who else can challenge them (maybe Ole Miss).

Easter Washington has score 35 against Oregon. Oregon will have gaudy stats and a lot of believers again this year, but they can't beat Bama or Ohio St. I hope Sparty kicks their rump next weekend.

Now 42

Fans will keep getting screwed. These made for TV games are not going away. First week of the season and no competition from the NFL.

Would this be less entertaining and get lower TV ratings if played in Camp Randall or Tuscaloosa?

I was surprised to see Miss St. isn't ranked pre-season. They must have graduated half their team (since they were top 10 most of last year).

After today, my way too early playoff prediction: Bama, TCU, Ohio St., Notre Dame.

Gopher game at Northwestern has me very concerned after today.

I was surprised to see Miss St. isn't ranked pre-season. They must have graduated half their team (since they were top 10 most of last year).

I think they are the first team out. So you could say they are 26th.

C'mon Saban, throw a bomb just to rub it in.

I guess Vernon Adams was knocked out of the game on a cheap shot. Wonder if he will be ready for their game with Michigan St. next week.

After today, my way too early playoff prediction: Bama, TCU, Ohio St., Notre Dame.

Gopher game at Northwestern has me very concerned after today.

Agree with your second thought re: our road game vs. the nerds. Will definitely be tough.

And my (meaningless) playoff prediction: Ohio State, Bama, TCU/Baylor winner, and ????.

Someone on ABC said earlier that the only conference that could get two teams in is the B1G. I disagree: I could see the SEC sneaking in two teams depending on how it plays out.

Agree with your second thought re: our road game vs. the nerds. Will definitely be tough.

And my (meaningless) playoff prediction: Ohio State, Bama, TCU/Baylor winner, and ????.

Someone on ABC said earlier that the only conference that could get two teams in is the B1G. I disagree: I could see the SEC sneaking in two teams depending on how it plays out.

Nobody is good in the east. Maybe Georgia. Florida is awful, Tennessee is good enough to beat someone but not everyone. Vandy and Kentucky are awful. And Mizzou, no chance. Hard to make the final 4 when you lose your conference title. You'd have to be undefeated going in...

I'll go with: Ohio St, Bama, OU and UCLA

Last year I thought TCU may very well have been the best team in the nation. This year I think Alabama would beat TCU by at least 2 touchdowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom