Week 7 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

Louisville couldn't quite hang on. Agree with WriterGoph that ND is going to get blasted coming up.

Louisville couldn't quite hang on. Agree with WriterGoph that ND is going to get blasted coming up.

I feel that game was like so many this Brian Kelly ND team plays against bad teams: just do enough to get by. But fortunately their November gets pretty gnarly with Clemson, at BC and at UNC. If they make it through that undefeated then the CFP talk will be warranted - plus they will still have to win the ACC title game (potential Clemson rematch) to make that a reality

In the span of about two or three game minutes, there has been three interceptions and a fumble. Lol @ Kiffin/Ole Miss and Arkansas.

#5 :rolleyes: UNC losing to 1-3 Florida State 14-0, one play into the second quarter.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that nobody is gonna be able to hang with Bama and Clemson...yet again. Hope I'm 100% wrong on that though

Gophers moving up in rankings again this week

Liberty beat Syracuse by 17. Just caught my attention because I know nothing about them. Undefeated, but haven't played a tough schedule. Not saying they're title contenders but that's still pretty good for an unknown. Kinda cool to see someone new.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that nobody is gonna be able to hang with Bama and Clemson...yet again. Hope I'm 100% wrong on that though
With Bamas defense, Clemson looks like they'd hang 70 on them. its a weird ass year of football

I think pretty clearly no one in the SEC can hang with Bama. LSU no. Florida might have a chance, we'll see how they do against Georgia. But I'm assuming Georgia will win the East and get a rematch with Bama in the champ game, which they'll then lose.

ACC is a joke. It stands for the "Clemson Free-pass Conference". I can see Notre Dame and North Carolina as like top 10-15 teams, sure. Miami and VT maybe top 25. No on in the conference can even come close to touching Clemson.

Clemson #1 CFP seed, Bama #2.

Big XII is down. IE, Texas is Texas, and OU is down.

No one knows yet about Ohio State and if the PAC has anyone worthy, Oregon or USC?

After a great first few quarters, that was a disappointing ending to UGA/Bama
Georgia doesn’t have the offensive firepower to match the elite teams.
The SEC should not get 2 playoff teams:
It’s Bama and Clemson for sure but the other two spots should be filled by good conference champs...not good teams that have already proven they aren’t the best (Georgia, Florida, Texas a &m)

playoff contenders left:
Alabama
Clemson
Notre dame
All pac 12
All big 10
Oklahoma state
Cinci, BYU, SMU if stuff gets really weird

Liberty beat Syracuse by 17. Just caught my attention because I know nothing about them. Undefeated, but haven't played a tough schedule. Not saying they're title contenders but that's still pretty good for an unknown. Kinda cool to see someone new.

Liberty wants to join the G5 FBS Sun Belt. I don't know if liberty has moved up or not, but if they are still FBS with 65 scholarships that was a big win for Liberty & sunk Syracuse chance for any good bowl.

There Schedule is 5-0 with a good schedule.

Last edited:

Liberty wants to join the G5 FBS Sun Belt. I don't know if liberty has moved up or not, but if they are still FBS with 65 scholarships that was a big win for Liberty & sunk Syracuse chance for any good bowl.

There Schedule is 5-0 with a good schedule.

ESPN shows Liberty as an FBS Independent.

Georgia doesn’t have the offensive firepower to match the elite teams.
The SEC should not get 2 playoff teams:
It’s Bama and Clemson for sure but the other two spots should be filled by good conference champs...not good teams that have already proven they aren’t the best (Georgia, Florida, Texas a &m)

playoff contenders left:
Alabama
Clemson
Notre dame
All pac 12
All big 10
Oklahoma state
Cinci, BYU, SMU if stuff gets really weird
Agreed.

Okla State will lose at least twice in the Big XII. I'm thinking maybe even to OU, ISU, and K-State.
Notre Dame will lose at a minimum to Clemson, maybe some other odd loss like at Pitt, at BC, or at UNC.

Feel bad in a sense for BYU. Maybe, like you say, if things get really, really weird, they could sneak into the playoff. Or possible an at-large pick to the NY6. But they can't get the G5 slot to the NY6, as that can only go to a conf champion.

Agreed.

Okla State will lose at least twice in the Big XII. I'm thinking maybe even to OU, ISU, and K-State.
Notre Dame will lose at a minimum to Clemson, maybe some other odd loss like at Pitt, at BC, or at UNC.

Feel bad in a sense for BYU. Maybe, like you say, if things get really, really weird, they could sneak into the playoff. Or possible an at-large pick to the NY6. But they can't get the G5 slot to the NY6, as that can only go to a conf champion.

I just don't see how BYU could get in with as weak as their schedule is. UTSA, Texas State, North Alabama and Western Kentucky? Woof. It would take a P5 conference or two lacking even 1-loss teams, IMO.

I just don't see how BYU could get in with as weak as their schedule is. UTSA, Texas State, North Alabama and Western Kentucky? Woof. It would take a P5 conference or two lacking even 1-loss teams, IMO.
I could see them getting ranked #11 or #12, and getting into a NY6 game.

It really sucks for them because they scheduled well this year to display their talent with games against: Utah, Michigan State, Minnesota, ASU, Missouri, Boise and Stanford.

With the way the SEC, Big 12 and ACC are beating up on each other so far, I could see that happening. Seems like lots of parity this year outside the top couple teams.

Assuming this season is more like 2014 than 2017, in that hoping two SEC teams don't make the playoff.

Top Bottom