Week 7 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

Assuming this season is more like 2014 than 2017, in that hoping two SEC teams don't make the playoff.

I guess really the only scenario that can happen is that the winner of the Georgia-Florida game would have to win every other game and beat Bama in the SEC title game. If all the other conferences are won by 1-loss teams, it could get dicey.

ESPN shows Liberty as an FBS Independent.

Interesting

Liberty is now FBS? Still their 5-0 is a solid one. They don't want to be independent & the Sun Belt needs 2 extra teams. They want the Sun Belt first but the MAC or CUSA would be a good get. I don't see them getting a chance at any other G5 conference.

Not worthy of an entire thread, so thought I'd ask the question here. In the Florida game, there was a pass to the TE in the endzone where the heel of his foot clearly came down first and it was inbounds, and then as he finished the play and completed his stride the toe of that foot landed clearly on the line. They called him out of bounds and no touchdown. Seeing that his heel touched first (his toe was pointed up in the air, so it was heel first and then the rest of his foot), should this have been ruled a completed pass?

I guess really the only scenario that can happen is that the winner of the Georgia-Florida game would have to win every other game and beat Bama in the SEC title game. If all the other conferences are won by 1-loss teams, it could get dicey.
Or Texas A&M and Bama both win out

Not worthy of an entire thread, so thought I'd ask the question here. In the Florida game, there was a pass to the TE in the endzone where the heel of his foot clearly came down first and it was inbounds, and then as he finished the play and completed his stride the toe of that foot landed clearly on the line. They called him out of bounds and no touchdown. Seeing that his heel touched first (his toe was pointed up in the air, so it was heel first and then the rest of his foot), should this have been ruled a completed pass?
I’d have to see the play

Georgia doesn’t have the offensive firepower to match the elite teams.
The SEC should not get 2 playoff teams:
It’s Bama and Clemson for sure but the other two spots should be filled by good conference champs...not good teams that have already proven they aren’t the best (Georgia, Florida, Texas a &m)

playoff contenders left:
Alabama
Clemson
Notre dame
All pac 12
All big 10
Oklahoma state
Cinci, BYU, SMU if stuff gets really weird

SOME GUY -" Cinci, BYU, SMU if stuff gets really weird"
If you're talking about a top 4 NC bid they have no chance. If your talking a good bowl pick then I can see that.

My brother's school, UCF, REALLY BLEW Chunks in the second half of their last 2 games, when they were ahead in the first half, and lost close high scoring games. They were in the top 20 but I cant see them making it back in or winning their conference.

I’d have to see the play
I tried finding it, but pretty hard to locate it. Again, the heel clearly touched first but when his entire foot came into contact on the ground his toe was clearly on the out-of-bounds line. Here's a pic that sort of shows what I"m trying to describe.

1603162645026.png

If you're talking about a top 4 NC bid they have no chance. If your talking a good bowl pick then I can see that.

My brother's school, UCF, REALLY BLEW Chunks in the second half of their last 2 games, when they were ahead in the first half, and lost close high scoring games. They were in the top 20 but I cant see them making it back in or winning their conference.

Hey GSU, how does Georgia Southern match up this week against Coastal Carolina? Was thinking about adding them to my parlay at +6.5

Hey GSU, how does Georgia Southern match up this week against Coastal Carolina? Was thinking about adding them to my parlay at +6.5

Coastal is supposed to win by 3 points. I can't tell you because GSU has been such an erratic team over the last 5 years, I really can't figure the GSU team out since we switched to the Pistol Option with our coaching staff, QB and offensive line play. I think we need a new coaching staff and go back to the Flex Option. Last week GSU won 41-0. That has no bearing on this week. Of course I will never predict a win over GSU no matter who we play. I PERSONALLY THINK WE WILL WIN THIS GAME NOT JUST ON BIAS, but you play your gut feelings!!!!! I wouldn't bet against GSU just leave out the points and make it head to head.

Last edited:

Or Texas A&M and Bama both win out

Nah, A&M's remaining schedule is quite weak - especially with Auburn and LSU very down. The only way Georgia and Florida really has a shot is by beating Bama in the title game. I just don't think one win over a ranked team is gonna do it for the Aggies.

I've started watching the college football rules review videos on youtube and have really learned a lot, at 4:11 they explain why it's not a touchdown/catch.

UCF you having a hard time this year I bet they wish it was a little Frosty

I tried finding it, but pretty hard to locate it. Again, the heel clearly touched first but when his entire foot came into contact on the ground his toe was clearly on the out-of-bounds line. Here's a pic that sort of shows what I"m trying to describe.

View attachment 9852
Based on this picture and what I believe happen in the game, I would call it out of bounds.

Interesting

Liberty is now FBS? Still their 5-0 is a solid one. They don't want to be independent & the Sun Belt needs 2 extra teams. They want the Sun Belt first but the MAC or CUSA would be a good get. I don't see them getting a chance at any other G5 conference.

You're right- Liberty is playing in FBS and they have a very good schedule this year. I would like Liberty
& ARMY to join the Sun Belt!

View attachment 9852
I believe the heel hitting first doesn’t matter. The foot is the foot.

if the heel hit in bounds then the rest of the foot never hits the ground = catch

if the heel hit inbounds microseconds before the rest of the foot hit out of bounds = no catch

If you drag a toe = catch
If you land a toe but then the rest of the foot is out of bounds on the same step = no catch

that’s my understanding
I could be wrong

Top Bottom