Week 6 Other Games Thread

Thanks for getting this going. I was thrown off by the Twins games and wasn't on my game this week for the Other Games Thread. Some to add:

Kansas State at Oklahoma State
Nebraska at Illinois
Oklahoma at Texas
Maryland at Ohio State
LSU at Mizzou
Rutgers at wisconsin
WSU at UCLA
Va Tech at FSU
Alabama at A&M
Syracuse at UNC
Purdue at Iowa
Colorado at ASU
Kentucky at Georgia
Notre Dame at Louisville
Arkansas at Ole Miss
Ga Tech at Miami
Texas Tech at Baylor
Oregon State at Cal
Arizona at USC
Etc.

Thanks for getting this going. I was thrown off by the Twins games and wasn't on my game this week for the Other Games Thread. Some to add:

Kansas State at Oklahoma State
Nebraska at Illinois
Oklahoma at Texas
Maryland at Ohio State
LSU at Mizzou
Rutgers at wisconsin
WSU at UCLA
Va Tech at FSU
Alabama at A&M
Syracuse at UNC
Purdue at Iowa
Colorado at ASU
Kentucky at Georgia
Notre Dame at Louisville
Arkansas at Ole Miss
Ga Tech at Miami
Texas Tech at Baylor
Oregon State at Cal
Arizona at USC
Etc.
I realized at 10:00 last night that there were a few games on. I believe we have now started the stretch where there will be a FBS or NFL game every day.

big game of likely bad football tonight between Neb and Ill. Loser will be done in the west and with bowl game hopes on absolute life support. who ends up being more desperate?

big game of likely bad football tonight between Neb and Ill. Loser will be done in the west and with bowl game hopes on absolute life support. who ends up being more desperate?
Really funny how fans can spot “bad football” everywhere they look. Division 1 athletes are the among the best in the world.

There is no bad football in the Big Ten. There is great, very good, and good.

Really funny how fans can spot “bad football” everywhere they look. Division 1 athletes are the among the best in the world.

There is no bad football in the Big Ten. There is great, very good, and good.
Both teams are full of self inflicted errors repeatedly (dropped snaps, presnap penalties, unsportsmanlike, players not getting on the field). That is how i define bad football. Your skill changes as you age. Just because you have athletic guys doesn’t mean it’s “good” or “bad” football, it’s executing what the sport is. Same as why Jr High or JV football can be good sometimes when the kids are well coached, even if they can’t throw it 30 yards or run a 4.4 40

Both teams are full of self inflicted errors repeatedly (dropped snaps, presnap penalties, unsportsmanlike, players not getting on the field). That is how i define bad football. Your skill changes as you age. Just because you have athletic guys doesn’t mean it’s “good” or “bad” football, it’s executing what the sport is. Same as why Jr High or JV football can be good sometimes when the kids are well coached, even if they can’t throw it 30 yards or run a 4.4 40
I understand the perspective but maybe fundamental mistakes are attributable to poor coaching. My view is watching incredibly talented athletes is great even if there are some mistakes.

We cheering on fat Bert tonight?

God, I think he is going to explode.

Announcer on Nebby-Ill did a whole retrospective on #50 and then ended it with “that’s why we are celebrating the the life of Dick Evans, um Butkus.”

Edmonton at Toronto on CBS Sports Network if you want to do a direct comparison on CFL football vs US college.

Right now Illinois is imploding. A successful onside kick by Nebraska followed by a touchdown run Neb 17-0

Watching Nebraska kick Illinois around. Illinois looks really bad and Heinrich Haarberg looks to be considerable upgrade from Sims for Nebraska.

Fleck should be fired if he fails to beat Illinois. This team is baaaaaddddd.

Fleck should be fired if he fails to beat Illinois. This team is baaaaaddddd.
Illinois is making a ton of stupid errors. Couldn't figure out who should field a pop-up kick-off and then a blocked punt.

Illinois looks horrific. If Nebraska does not implode and manages to beat the them, and continue to pat themselves on the back, they are even more delusional than usual. Any of the FCS teams from the Dakotas would be running away with this game.

Eeesh. I’m not stay up to watch the end of Illinois/Nebraska. These 2 are brutal. Need my rest for tomorrow.

I thought this was funny from a random Illinois Fan:

Nebraska is doing what they can to Nebraska this away. But we're not even middling enough to let them do it.

Top Bottom