Week 5 Other Games Thread

This announcer for Kentucky Florida game has no idea what's going on

Do that gator chomp Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you.

Clemson Boston 13 13
DJ Uiagalelei is not as good as preseason hype.

Huskers with a strong start.
Nebraska spanking NW 42-7 at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter.

The Gophers better bring their A-game on October 16. The Children of the Corn are coming out of the cornfield to keep Frost employed.

Nebraska spanking NW 42-7 at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter.

The Gophers better bring their A-game on October 16. The Children of the Corn are coming out of the cornfield to keep Frost employed.
Agree the Gophers have to be ready as Nebraska has playmakers.....but Northwestern is bad...really really really bad.

Agree the Gophers have to be ready as Nebraska has playmakers.....but Northwestern is bad...really really really bad.
The Gopher better not lose to either of these teams. Then, the Gophers are the ones that will be the worse. That will hurt.

Beat Nebraska, and they will come out smelling like roses.

Wan'Dale Robinson from NU also had decent game. Still don't know why he transferred.
He is from Kentucky and I believe they said on the broadcast that his mother is ill and he wanted to be closer to home.

Talked to a HS buddy of mine tonight, NW 1985 grad who is in the Pioneer Press sports department.... asked him what he thought, he said NW has their worst defense since he was there.... I believe they'd lost 32 straight. Let's see what Michigan does in Lincoln next weekend.

I wish I wasn’t old and could stay up past midnight. I get the feeling UCLA-Arizona St will end up being a good finish.

I wish I wasn’t old and could stay up past midnight. I get the feeling UCLA-Arizona St will end up being a good finish.
You could always relocate to the Pacific Time Zone! Saturday B1G football at 9am, and you can watch a lot of entertaining games into the evening!

I'm enjoying the UCLA-ASU game right now. I have a buddy/client who moonlights as a PAC-12 Ref (Linesman actually). I always try to tune into his games to see how he's doing, I think he's got a great shot at making the NFL. A few years back at the Bank he did the Gophers - Oregon St game where his crew bounced 3 of the Gopher defenders for targeting (I think the first year they ran with Targeting). I still haven't forgiven him on that game.

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate that Kent State beat Bowling Green today! 😳 🤣

He is from Kentucky and I believe they said on the broadcast that his mother is ill and he wanted to be closer to home.
Good to know. I thought he had a fallout with Frosty. He seems to be doing well.

Lol what do you want dude? I’ve seen better Iowa teams under Ferentz. You seem to think this is like some generationally great team?
Not through 5 weeks you haven’t. Previous high-water teams have not made games easy business like this year. Haven’t needed two blocked field goals against UNI or a 55 yard field goal to beat Pitt yet…but the magic seems to be there.

Not through 5 weeks you haven’t. Previous high-water teams have not made games easy business like this year. Haven’t needed two blocked field goals against UNI or a 55 yard field goal to beat Pitt yet…but the magic seems to be there.
Just cause it’s been an easier start to the season doesn’t mean this team is better. A better record doesn’t even mean one team is more talented.

Wan'Dale Robinson from NU also had decent game. Still don't know why he transferred.
Good to know. I thought he had a fallout with Frosty. He seems to be doing well.
He is from Kentucky and his mom has MS, but I think he also wasn’t thrilled with the fact that Nebraska never really let him settle into a role and kept trying to play him as a back, where he’d get nicked up. He had a few games with 15+ carries and I don’t think he’s built to take that many hits. Seem like he’s in a better spot for a lot of reasons.

Yeah.....the late late game was Fresno (#18) visiting Hawaii. Rainbow Warriors pulled off the upset in a game that didn't wrap up until after 1:00.

Yeah.....the late late game was Fresno (#18) visiting Hawaii. Rainbow Warriors pulled off the upset in a game that didn't wrap up until after 1:00.
I ended up being wrong about UCLA-AZ St. Thought it would end up something like 45-42.

He is from Kentucky and his mom has MS, but I think he also wasn’t thrilled with the fact that Nebraska never really let him settle into a role and kept trying to play him as a back, where he’d get nicked up. He had a few games with 15+ carries and I don’t think he’s built to take that many hits. Seem like he’s in a better spot for a lot of reasons.
Both are true.
But the immediate cause was NE's lack of RBs had Frosty using Robinson, who looked like he weighed 150# soaking wet, as a RB.
A QB whose name escapes me, left for the same reason.

Top Bottom