Week 3 Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero carries in the first quarter for Braelon Allen.
There was some commentary he was dissatisfied with his role and reading the tea leaves you could predict Fickell was going to “teach” him that Carries are earned.

PSU up 3-0 on Illinois. Weird play calling at the goal line and Illinois holds. Think we’ll learn a lot about if Illinois can figure out their issues today
I think we already know Illinois is far less talented than last year.

Wonder if the Wisconsin boards are angry that the BTN Announcers are being "homers" for the Big Ten's Badgers? ;)

I think we already know Illinois is far less talented than last year.
Was more meaning if they’re going to clean anything up, particularly defensively. It’s been horrible tackling and blown assignments all over the place, which is a little surprising with the Bert we saw at Wisconsin. That’s more what I mean, not that they’re somehow getting an influx of players.

Great fake throw by the back. Doubt it was intentional, but it worked.

GSU ties it up. Badgers offense looks good—OL is pretty dominant. But Badger defense looks a little iffy. And GSU has some offensive playmakers. Must be much happiness in the Talon household at the moment.

Watching this Badgers defense, I feel like their team didn't just take a small step back, but fell off a cliff and then proceeded to roll another mile after hitting the bottom. Already looks like Fickell is bringing in less intelligent players who he believes are more talented. #14 for their defense would be benched immediately on the Gophers for whatever that defense just was on the touchdown. Gophers need to hire Leonhard as a consultant to keep him from saving their garbage defense.

GSU ties it up. Badgers offense looks good—OL is pretty dominant. But Badger defense looks a little iffy. And GSU has some offensive playmakers. Must be much happiness in the Talon household at the moment.
This is a GSU defense that has had a ton of points hung on them. I think it’s a stretch to say the Badger offense looks good

Just noticed Boise is 0-2. Haven't seen that in a while.

Altmyer has thrown 5 INTs through 2 and a half games for Illinois.

There was some commentary he was dissatisfied with his role and reading the tea leaves you could predict Fickell was going to “teach” him that Carries are earned.
I think it was obvious his carries would go down. I'm really surprised he didn't transfer. I'm not sure he could have helped his draft stock by transferring but I think he could hurt it by staying.

I think it was obvious his carries would go down. I'm really surprised he didn't transfer. I'm not sure he could have helped his draft stock by transferring but I think he could hurt it by staying.
But he leads the B1G in receptions. And is averaging about 1 yard per reception.

Well he’s looked very tentative so far this year. This scheme does not seem to work well for him

Southern is killing themselves right now.

The fall of Braelon Allen is really something to watch. Zero pop at all

Three straight three and outs for Wisconsin’s offense.

Amazing stupidity from the Badger kick coverage team. Big chance for GSU.

This Georgia southern punt returner has almost muffed all three catches.

Burt is wearing a XXXXL-tall pumpkin suit.

Jayzus man.

For all we know, Kansas wins the Big XII and PennSt wins the Big Ten. I refuse to write them off yet.

This is a GSU defense that has had a ton of points hung on them. I think it’s a stretch to say the Badger offense looks good
The Badger offense had one very good drive, prompting my comment. Succeeding possessions (since my comment) kind of weak. Badger defense is missing something with Leonhard gone—but it is getting a lot of interceptions. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom