Week 15 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

That was a bad INT from Mertz. I was thinking "that's a pick" before he ever threw it. There was lots of time to read exactly who he was throwing to.

There was a pretty blatant hold on the defense on that play. They held the TE who appeared to be his first read, then Mertz bailed on that and threw a terrible pass.

Iowa played lights out. Their D looked like the best in the West today. Mertz was awful in the 4th quarter.

N Carolina running over Miami.
62-26.

549 yards rushing.
They have two RB's with over 230 yards each.

Are the GopherHole Trembling Chihuahuas still terrified of Wisconsin?

I'm not overconfident, but I'd like to see how the Gophers stack up against them. Hope it happens!

I hope so to.
Early in the year it looked like WI would put up about 66 on us.

Their Iowa game looked like our Iowa game.

Yes.

But the Gophers seem to be playing much better now than they were when they played Iowa. Especially the Gopher defense.

Young players can, and sometimes do, grow and improve.

Brad Johnson’s son starting at QB for LSU tonight as a true freshman.

There was a pretty blatant hold on the defense on that play. They held the TE who appeared to be his first read, then Mertz bailed on that and threw a terrible pass.
Holding seems to be everywhere regardless of the game. Somehow they have got to come to terms with it. Call it on every play until players get the message?

Yes.

But the Gophers seem to be playing much better now than they were when they played Iowa. Especially the Gopher defense.

Young players can, and sometimes do, grow and improve.

The way WI beat us at home last year was disappointing.
It would have been a long off-season had we not had the nice bowl win over Auburn.

If we play WI, it seems like it should be an "even" game where it's close going into the 4th quarter, but if there's a trend, we should be trending up, where they appear to be trending down lately.

Beating WI has become one of those mystique deals however. It's not like playing Purdue or Northwestern where if you feel you have the better team, you just go out and beat them.

Random thought off the top of my head while flipping thru games...

UCLA’s uniforms are underrated. Never hear them talked about when uniforms come up but I love them.

Random thought off the top of my head while flipping thru games...

UCLA’s uniforms are underrated. Never hear them talked about when uniforms come up but I love them.

I was gonna comment on how good they looked in terms of playing, but those uni's sure look nice too. Man, they're long and fast on the field. Chip Kelly seems to have the right kids filling out those uniforms right now.

They look to be using the same tempo Chip used at Oregon. I'm sure they've gone tempo the last couple years, but this is the "get the next play off in 10 seconds" tempo that USC just can't adjust to. And their offense is always imaginative. They're fun to watch

Are the GopherHole Trembling Chihuahuas still terrified of Wisconsin?

I'm not overconfident, but I'd like to see how the Gophers stack up against them. Hope it happens!

Not after seeing them put up 7, 6, and then 7 in the last three games.

Our defense isn't nearly as polished as Northwestern, Indiana, or Iowa's.....but I feel like they won't run all over us like it appeared they might earlier in the season.

Florida takes an unsportsmanlike for throwing a shoe and now gives up a 57 yard FG to be down to LSU with 23 seconds left. Bizarre to say the least

That 57yd FG was dead center, good from at least 60. Man, what I wouldn’t give to have a kicker like that in college. What a weapon.
and Florida's kicker had the distance from 51 by a long ways. just missed it. amazing how different the kicking game can make things for teams

Wow...Florida. Tied at 34 with a little under two minutes in the game....the Gator defense gets a third down stop at the LSU 29. One of their d-backs (Marco Wilson) picks up one of the Tiger players cleats that came off during the play and throws in down the field....getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

LSU drives down the field and kicks a 57 yard field goal with 27 seconds remaining.

And Florida then drives down with their remaining time and misses a 51 yarder to tie it and send it to OT.

Whoops. Nice job, Wilson.

USC now down late to UCLA, but with a massive KR to get near range

Why the F did they have to review that? I think the most infuriating thing about college football is the never ending reviews.

94612b764dcd917b7216a538691ca252--body-language-kobe.jpg

These Maryland uniforms are awesome.

I know this is a weird take, but I'm not a fan of the cursive font letters on helmets. Same with Nevada's.

Give me block letters, and few of them as possible.

Top Bottom