Week 13 Rivalry Week Other Games Thread

I agree —it will be a bloodbath for Iowa playing either the number 2 or the number 3 team in the country -but than again -how many teams in all of college football playing those two teams where the results wouldn’t be the same-a bloodbath

Watching Bucky hurts, but I understand why he left.

Watching Bucky hurts, but I understand why he left.

If there's any position where we could afford a transfer loss.....that would be running back. The Gophers offense can make just about anyone look good. Taylor has got superstar potential....and Evans (when healthy) is super legit too.

Agree that it hurts to watch him light things up.....but our cupboard is far from bare. And to be honest.....Bucky's game works way better in a quick strike, spread offense like Oregon runs. He wouldn't have as much success running between the tackles like we tend to do.

If there's any position where we could afford a transfer loss.....that would be running back. The Gophers offense can make just about anyone look good. Taylor has got superstar potential....and Evans (when healthy) is super legit too.

Agree that it hurts to watch him light things up.....but our cupboard is far from bare. And to be honest.....Bucky's game works way better in a quick strike, spread offense like Oregon runs. He wouldn't have as much success running between the tackles like we tend to do.
He wouldn’t have as much success running behind our OL and in our predictable scheme but he runs between the tackles very well. That said, I think we have some very solid young OL on the roster almost forgot that during this past month and change of garbage football.

Agree.Can we find a quick strike offense? Lol

Agree.Can we find a quick strike offense? Lol

Plus, he became the poster player for PJF’s NIL conversation. I also believe the fact that he doesn’t have to carry the ball 30-40 reps was a bonus for him. I would love it if the Gophers had an offense like OR.

He wouldn’t have as much success running behind our OL and in our predictable scheme but he runs between the tackles very well. That said, I think we have some very solid young OL on the roster almost forgot that during this past month and change of garbage football.

For sure. He's talented as all hell. I was just saying that Oregon moves him around and uses him as a pass catcher too. Our offense is way more vanilla. They shoot for homeruns and Fleck shoots for six yards.

They won't be when they get blown out by MICH/OSU and their bowl opponent.
I will take that beat. Please define what a blowout is, I am thinking beat by more than 30. There is no reason to think they will get blown out on a neutral site.

Iowa’s season is more a statement of how bad most teams are this year. Horrendous, painful to watch. An abomination for the ages.
I think you are right. Only by playing a proliferation of similarly moribund and feckless offenses, while having a truly superior defense, could Iowa pull off such such a feat. And Iowa was just a tad away from going 11-1.

Was hoping OSU would keep it competitive, but these last three major TV games all turned into duds

View attachment 28470
Reminder: A month ago almost everybody said Iowa would lose a couple of their remaining games.
Didn't happen.
I was among them. It was easy to think at least one team would jump up and get them; but, nah...this is the Big Ten West.

I watched the game with a couple Hawkeye fans. Even they were laughing at how terrible their team is. And, on a good note (for us at least), they both said Hill will be the starter again next year and McNamara will be the backup when/if he returns.

Their offense is terrible. Their defense is great. Big Ten West offenses have largely been bad.

It just happened to be the perfect move to load everything into your defense, and also happen to have an evil genius, lifer DC.

When the West goes away, and when Parker goes away .... will be interesting to see what Iowa football becomes.

I have no idea, but feels like they'll want to just keep the party rolling and hire someone in the Fry/Ferentz mold/tree.

They tied for best record in 2002 and 2004, but cannot with any honesty be considered a valid "champion" of the conference when another team was the BCS representative ahead of them both times.

They went to the Rose Bowl in 1990. That one is valid. But that may as well be leather helmet days, compared to now.

Bucky is like Mo though...just not in the same way. Mo gained yardage every time he carried it because he didn't need holes to run through...just creases. And then Mo totally always ran through arm tackles to gain more yardage on most every carry than he should of.

Bucky gains yardage seemingly every time he carries it too but he's elusive behind the line of scrimmage. The first one or two tacklers whiff on Bucky very consistently.

Two fun guys to watch carry the ball.

Michigan with the pick. Jumped the route, almost like he knew it was coming…

The Mich acting head coach is the offensive coordinator and the OL coach. How does he build any rapport with the QB?

Wow. That Michigan TD. Pass had no business getting through.

That’s a bad TD call. The OSU db took it from him. On field refs didn’t see it so tough to overturn

That’s a bad TD call. The OSU db took it from him. On field refs didn’t see it so tough to overturn
Ya I think had the refs called an int it would have stood. Just not quite clear enough to overturn.

Watching Mich/OSU.....Iowa isn't scoring a point on offense next week against either of these defenses.....

Their only hope is going to be for a bunch of defensive or special teams scores, it will be so ridiculously easy for either of these defenses to shut down the Hawkeye offense entirely. They may be lucky to get 100 yards similar to what happened the only other time they played a really good team in Penn State.

Ryan Day left his big boy pants at home today.
Yep.
Moore not coaching well for Michigan in clock management, but Day looks afraid to make a mistake and push further like he was thankful just to get the chance after taking the deep shot. McCord has settled in nicely and Michigan appears to want to keep the reins on McCarthy. Second half will be interesting. Who will trust their qb to win the game

Watching Mich/OSU.....Iowa isn't scoring a point on offense next week against either of these defenses.....

Their only hope is going to be for a bunch of defensive or special teams scores, it will be so ridiculously easy for either of these defenses to shut down the Hawkeye offense entirely. They may be lucky to get 100 yards similar to what happened the only other time they played a really good team in Penn State.
I would agree with you —they will not score much. I would expect a similar score to what the Gophers did with these 2 teams — 37 to 3 and 52-10. A total bloodbath. But than again you are talking about 2 of the best teams in all of football —Iowa and the Gophers would be right with most of teams playing these two —they are on a very different level of football

Top Bottom