Weather Forecast for Eastern Michigan -- Minnesota

SHGopher

Reaction score
The weather forecast is....

Buy a ticket! This game is cheap. The weather will be great. Fantastic seats for $50! Go to the link and see for yourself:

And here's the forecast which means you need to be there!

1693862986011.png

Make your plans now to be there.

The weather forecast is....

Buy a ticket! This game is cheap. The weather will be great. Fantastic seats for $50! Go to the link and see for yourself:

And here's the forecast which means you need to be there!

View attachment 26752

Make your plans now to be there.
12.80 cents at target for two tickets

be there or be square

Colorado wins one game and now all celebs and x-nfl players wants to go to their next game versus Neb.

Nebraska been sucking for years but packs 90K+ every home game.

Sad that we still can’t sell out all home games and pack the stadium when we only fit 54K 😆

Colorado wins one game and now all celebs and x-nfl players wants to go to their next game versus Neb.

Sad that we still can’t sell out all home games and pack the stadium when we only fit 54K 😆
Make a list of sports attractions in Nebraska that compete with Cornhusker football for fan spending and media attention. Then do the same for Gopher football.

Stupid post from a stupid poster.

What's next? A post about how sad it is that the Twins can't match the Yankees payroll?

There are definitely no weather concerns for next week. It will be perfect. Clear, low to mid 70s, light wind, low humidity.
YES! Perfect day to tailgate and an awesome evening atmosphere. Early season Gopher home game weather is the best!

Unfortunately the weather doesn't look so perfect anymore with a disturbance that appeared like it would move much farther south earlier this week, now shifting much further north.

Saturday will still be a nice day with highs approaching 80, but light rain, and possibly a scattered thunderstorm looks more likely beginning around kickoff. Temps will drop into the mid 60s but the wind should remain mostly light. I'm interested to see what the high resolution models put out later tonight/tomorrow.

Unfortunately the weather doesn't look so perfect anymore with a disturbance that appeared like it would move much farther south earlier this week, now shifting much further north.

Saturday will still be a nice day with highs approaching 80, but light rain, and possibly a scattered thunderstorm looks more likely beginning around kickoff. Temps will drop into the mid 60s but the wind should remain mostly light. I'm interested to see what the high resolution models put out later tonight/tomorrow.
Thanks GW. Mrs. Billd will try to get in another bike ride to the game hopefully before it gets wet. She really enjoys biking to games and we just put the rack on the car for transporting the bike on the ride home.

Only thing that comes to mind is potential lightning delays. Strikes within 8 miles of the stadium require a 30 minute delay. I believe it was a night MSU game where the stands were evacuated and the concourses were jam packed with fans for a delay. It was not enjoyable.

Nebraska plays in a zero competition market. They don't have a single pro sports squad...and it's Nebraska.

The Twin Cities are a major metropolitan area with a ton going on - and we have been a wretched sports town for as long as I have been alive (setting aside a couple blips such as 1991).

Season tickets are up, and the student section is rocking. If you are expecting us to sell out every game having not made a trip to Indy and with all the context and competition I think you have unrealistic expectations.

The Vikings run this town, and likely always will. But if the Gophers can ever get to Iowa-levels of respect and consistency, then you will see near sellouts regularly.

Hope that stretch of rain pushes later to like 11 pm or Midnight

I saw rain creeping into the forecast for Saturday, yesterday. It looked the worst, this morning. But it has now gone back the other way a bit with only a potential shower around kickoff. I hope that trend continues and the showers drop off the forecast completely for Saturday evening.

Buy out the stadium. You can afford it.

The counter argument is lets say the Gophers get 40,000 on Saturday night and Vikings get 65,000 on Sunday... I am guessing there are some fans that do both games, but most likely less than 1,000 of them. You can safely assume that over 100,000 people are spending their entertainment dollar on high level football - whether it be Big Ten or the NFL.

It's not going to change - I think PJ has done a great job of understanding what his program is to the city and where their niche is. He has embraced (maybe created?) the One MN where the other teams are fans of the other teams. PJ recently had them at a Vikings game and a Twins game. Guarantee that Ruhle hasn't brought Nebraska to other sporting events - not saying it is a good thing or bad thing, you just can't compare the U of M to very many other places.

The counter argument is lets say the Gophers get 40,000 on Saturday night and Vikings get 65,000 on Sunday... I am guessing there are some fans that do both games, but most likely less than 1,000 of them. You can safely assume that over 100,000 people are spending their entertainment dollar on high level football - whether it be Big Ten or the NFL.

It's not going to change - I think PJ has done a great job of understanding what his program is to the city and where their niche is. He has embraced (maybe created?) the One MN where the other teams are fans of the other teams. PJ recently had them at a Vikings game and a Twins game. Guarantee that Ruhle hasn't brought Nebraska to other sporting events - not saying it is a good thing or bad thing, you just can't compare the U of M to very many other places.
I think it is closer to 10,000 my brother has Season tix to both Vikings and Gophers football, there are probably a lot more people like him than only 1,000 overlap. Different crowd yes, but there are a lot of people that love football in MN.

Plus 20-25 thousand per day at the Twins this weekend. Then add all the people who go to the Renaissance, theater, recently a great state fair etc., that aren't in Nebraska.

Plus 20-25 thousand per day at the Twins this weekend. Then add all the people who go to the Renaissance, theater, recently a great state fair etc., that aren't in Nebraska.
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing there isn't a huge crossover between Gopher football and the weirdos who frequent the Renaissance

I think it is closer to 10,000 my brother has Season tix to both Vikings and Gophers football, there are probably a lot more people like him than only 1,000 overlap. Different crowd yes, but there are a lot of people that love football in MN.
I was trying to make myself feel better by saying there are only 1,000 lucky people. My favorite teams - Monday-Saturday Gophers, Sunday Vikings!

I'm going to be at the Vikings on Sunday (after the Gophers on Saturday) - I agreed to go to a Vikings game with friends not realizing they'd select one after the Gophers...I'm somewhat dreading it now! lol.

I have had so many bad experiences at NFL games with fan conduct. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand - but hey, I'm typin' here (*with a NY accent)!

Also several thousand College Football fans attend, St Thomas games or D2/D3 games in Minnesota that conflict with Gopher football, not mention travel out of state to see their D1 alma mater or chosen teams out of state. Any given week there are also a handful of HS football games on Saturdays now.

Some of that Nebraska might also have to compete with, but at a much smaller degree. UNO has even dropped football completely.

Vikings, have much fewer conflicts on a typical Sunday. They probably even get a few Cornhusker fans to attend the Zygi Dome on any given Sunday.

Twins also start a homestand tomorrow.

Top Bottom